Rare Sales Inc Ruby On Gold Token + More

Hello all, I have the following up for sale. I don't want to let them go but needs must. I'm taking offers on those not priced, but I'm willing to sway on those that are to help clinch a deal. You're welcome to try me with trades but I do really need cash.

Postage is £2 1st class recorded, £5 special delivery. Airmail is £3. Payment accepted via Paypal, registered cash or cheque.

I fou wish to buy or hear anything please e-mail l_l_m_w@hotmail.co.uk or call 01226 290616 (ask for Mark or Luke).

RUBY DECIEVED GOLD TOKEN

mint- cond (small sticker on flip-side label). Double sider of the highest order & hellishly rare in this condition. I've had lots of interest in this one so be quick - first some first served.

post-1398-1121871069_thumb.jpg

SPARKELS TRY LOVE OLD TOWN

vg cond (plays with light hiss but no crackles etc). One of the best female soul 45s ever made in my himble opinion. Superb record and huge up & down the country.

post-1398-1121871088_thumb.jpg

MONZAS INSTANT LOVE PACIFIC

mint- cond. Blue label copy. Old Stafford spin covered up as the Seven Souls & has remained rare. This copy is signed by a member of the band.

post-1398-1121871010_thumb.jpg

JEAN BATTLE I'VE GOT TO COME IN CLINTONE

ex cond but plays as if mint. Rare w/d, it seems no one has ever seen a demo before. I have had a lot of interest in this but as of yet no offers quite high enough to let it go.

post-1398-1121870996_thumb.jpg

SWINGING TIGERS SNAKE WALKS TAMLA

vg cond (again, plays with hiss but no further noise). Ultra rare early soul number. One of a handful of known copies.

(scan coming in 5 mins)

DENITA JAMES I HAVE FEELINGS TOO FLIP

mint cond. Superb female mid-tempo tune, and sooo rare in this condition. Flip is getting plays at the moment too so you get 2 sides for your money.

post-1398-1121870905_thumb.jpg

HARRY & KEYAVAS IF THIS ID GOODBYE IPG

ex++++/mint- cond. Huge record all over Europe.

post-1398-1121870962_thumb.jpg

VIOLA WILLS THE FIRST TIME BEM SOLE

mint cond. Awesome crossover dancer. I have watched this one grow as me & a mate got the first few copies. Getting spins from the likes of Arthur Fenn, mark Threadgold etc. I sold one last year for £300. Admittedly there a few have been on ebay but it's still very rare and prise will go barmy when it reaches full potential.

post-1398-1121871107_thumb.jpg

DELLA REESE A CLOCK THAT'S GOT NO HANDS RCA

ex+ cond (plays close to mint-). Great R&B tinted dancer and big up & down country. Recommended by Mr Rimmer. £50

post-1398-1121870891_thumb.jpg

HERB & DORIS SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE HIP

ex cond (very glossy, plays with very little surface noise). Rare w/d, the best & rarest version. Ex Soul Sam copy.

post-1398-1121870977_thumb.jpg

PHILLIP JAMES WIDE AWAKE IN A DREAM BRA/SOUL

ex Bra copy £80, vg Soul copy £40. Sooooo soulful and very rare on either label.

post-1398-1121871043_thumb.jpg

PARIS DON'T LEAD ME ON 4J

vg cond. rare 1st issue with all-black label. Very rare on thsi format. £50

post-1398-1121871026_thumb.jpg

FULLER BROS. TIME'S A WASTING SOUL CLOCK

mint- cond. Classic odlie & seldom seen these days. I have no idea of price so first decent soudning offer gets it.

post-1398-1121870937_thumb.jpg

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mattmale

RUBY DECIEVED GOLD TOKEN

mint- cond (small sticker on flip-side label). Double sider of the highest order & hellishly rare in this condition. I've had lots of interest in this one so be quick - first some first served.

vg cond (plays with light hiss but no crackles etc). One of the best female soul 45s ever made in my himble opinion. Superb record and huge up & down the country.

Oooh i love both of these, but Ruby is the best. I offer both my children and i'll even throw in my wife (in fact i'll give you a tenner to take her) whistling.gif

Sorry i can't afford what they fetch, i'm guessing £300 for Ruby and £150 for The Sparkels. Maybe some day.... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

mint cond. Awesome crossover dancer. I have watched this one grow as me & a mate got the first few copies. Getting spins from the likes of Arthur Fenn, mark Threadgold etc. I sold one last year for £300. Admittedly there a few have been on ebay but it's still very rare and prise will go barmy when it reaches full potential.

Fantastic tune, not heard it out (except when I've been playing it) so glad to hear it is getting some plays :rolleyes:

Social source share

Saw the Gold Token 45 for £600 at Cleethorpes (think Joey Dunlop had it ?)

Also seen it for £800 in the past.

link

I know, seen it at £1000 before, but that was a bit daft. Can't remember where it was, maybe Pete French :rolleyes: Probably not worth £6-800 in terms of rarity as there are a few about, but I think we all aggree thaty it is a stunner of a double sider, and impossible to find in decent condition. The last one on ebay made $1050 and was only in vg+ cond.

What's the matrix on yours Brett? This copy sounds identical to the copy Smiffy sold as an alternate cut/1st press etc, but I spoke with Pete and this is a different matrix to his. He got £650 and condition was something like vg-

Got to chance to trade it for Joan Dovalle after selling mine a couple of years back, but don't know if I'm gonna go for it... I'll see what I get offered in the next few days :shades:

Re Jean Battle, had a bid of £125 so far but will hold on for better offer. Might take issue + cash, PM me if you want.

M

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Guest rachel

I agree apart from the intro sounds a bit christmasy :rolleyes:

link

:shades: Yeah... usually try to play it first or fade up towards end of intro, tends to cause a few puzzled looks!

Social source share

Hello billy

I didnt know you were selling these

New Caravan needing an awning for Jnr to kip in :shades:

I should have popped down and had first shufties at these ive about £2 3s 3d in my poke ...will that be enough

Ebenezer Geooooordie

link

as ever Mr Johnson your tight geordie pockets do no hold enough to buy 2 pints :rolleyes:

Social source share

ex cond but plays as if mint. Rare w/d, it seems no one has ever seen a demo before. I have had a lot of interest in this but as of yet no offers quite high enough to let it go.

I have i got one on my shelf,never really thought about it being a hard 45,

i had two W/D i wont tell you what i sold the spare for :rolleyes::shades:

Dave f..............

post-2848-1121980361_thumb.jpg

Social source share

ex+ cond (plays close to mint-). Great R&B tinted dancer and big up & down country. Recommended by Mr Rimmer. £50

link

Rob Messer had this for £60. Went to Luton and Sean Chapman (I think) had one for £80 whistling.gif Offered him £70 and placed it in my possession. On a closer study of the cover when I got it hom it had £50 crossed out, £65 crossed out and lastly £70 crossed out. It is mint though wink.gif well M- Few months later at the Plinston with Dave Crabtee and he gets a copy from Fingers for £50!

So the moral of this story is; don't bother reading pointless posts that don't lead anywhere :)

Social source share

Hello all, I have the following up for sale. I don't want to let them go but needs must. I'm taking offers on those not priced, but I'm willing to sway on those that are to help clinch a deal. You're welcome to try me with trades but I do really need cash.

Postage is £2 1st class recorded, £5 special delivery. Airmail is £3. Payment accepted via Paypal, registered cash or cheque.

I fou wish to buy or hear anything please e-mail l_l_m_w@hotmail.co.uk or call 01226 290616 (ask for Mark or Luke).

RUBY DECIEVED GOLD TOKEN

MONZAS INSTANT LOVE PACIFIC

mint- cond. Blue label copy. Old Stafford spin covered up as the Seven Souls & has remained rare. This copy is signed by a member of the band.

post-1398-1121871010_thumb.jpg

SWINGING TIGERS SNAKE WALKS TAMLA

vg cond (again, plays with hiss but no further noise). Ultra rare early soul number. One of a handful of known copies.

(scan coming in 5 mins)

DENITA JAMES I HAVE FEELINGS TOO FLIP

mint cond. Superb female mid-tempo tune, and sooo rare in this condition. Flip is getting plays at the moment too so you get 2 sides for your money.

post-1398-1121870905_thumb.jpg

HARRY & KEYAVAS IF THIS ID GOODBYE IPG

ex++++/mint- cond. Huge record all over Europe.

post-1398-1121870962_thumb.jpg

post-1398-1121871107_thumb.jpg

HERB & DORIS SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE HIP

ex cond (very glossy, plays with very little surface noise). Rare w/d, the best & rarest version. Ex Soul Sam copy.

post-1398-1121870977_thumb.jpg

PHILLIP JAMES WIDE AWAKE IN A DREAM BRA/SOUL

ex Bra copy £80, vg Soul copy £40. Sooooo soulful and very rare on either label.

post-1398-1121871043_thumb.jpg

PARIS DON'T LEAD ME ON 4J

vg cond. rare 1st issue with all-black label. Very rare on thsi format. £50

post-1398-1121871026_thumb.jpg

FULLER BROS. TIME'S A WASTING SOUL CLOCK

mint- cond. Classic odlie & seldom seen these days. I have no idea of price so first decent soudning offer gets it.

post-1398-1121870937_thumb.jpg

link

That Monzas looks like a BOOTiful condition copy :P

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!