Candi Staton

Guest 1STFRIEARL

• Replies 22
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

IS THERE A MALE VOCAL TO THIS, SURE I HEARD ONE UP AT BISHOP AUCKLAND A DOZEN OR SO YEARS AGO, DEAN ANDERSON, MAYBE :thumbsup:

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY SOUL @ THE WASHINGTON, 3RD JAN 2010, FITZWILLIAM ST, SHEFFIELD, WITH JOHN MOFFATT, GARY SMITH, JOE LAKIN AND BRI PINCH.

Yes there is, supposedly by "Bo Fowler" who was the songwriter i think

Social source share

CANDI STATON UPPER HAND, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAS BEEN BOOTED WAS IT JUST THE ONCE WITH THE LARGE RUN OUT GROOVE ?

boxing.gif Hi M8T onnce I think I have one as I sold the RARE Origanal to Mick and that must be a £1K record as the only one I ever saw was mine and I would be able to recognise it in seconds, one not sell but does give me a sort of right to play the boot???hatsoff2.gif

ph34r.gif DAVE(STOP & THINK)KIL

Social source share

Is the Bo Fowler version a finished version? or is it him doing a demo of the song like a lot of the Phillip Mitchell things? and, is it any good? Candi Staton was one of my big faves back in the day, and I would certainly like to hear a male version.

Could you let us know if you get it uploaded Cheryl?

best,

RB

Edited by Rich B
Social source share

JUST ONE THAT STICKS IN THE MEMORY, ALWAYS REMEMBER HEARING A MALE VERSION BRIEFLY AND WHEN I TALKED TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT GOT BLANK ExpressionS. IT MUSTVE BEEN QUITE GOOD FOR ME TO REMEMBER IT :lol: THO NOT QUITE CANDI STATON IF I RECALL, C'MON NOW CHERYL PRESSURES ON :yes:

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY SOUL@THE WASHINGTON, 3RD JAN 2010, FITZWILLIAM ST, SHEFFIELD.

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

JUST ONE THAT STICKS IN THE MEMORY, ALWAYS REMEMBER HEARING A MALE VERSION BRIEFLY AND WHEN I TALKED TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT GOT BLANK ExpressionS. IT MUSTVE BEEN QUITE GOOD FOR ME TO REMEMBER IT :lol: THO NOT QUITE CANDI STATON IF I RECALL, C'MON NOW CHERYL PRESSURES ON :yes:

BRI PINCH

SUNDAY SOUL@THE WASHINGTON, 3RD JAN 2010, FITZWILLIAM ST, SHEFFIELD.

I remember it,Parr hall or Morcombe pier maybe......excelent !!

Social source share

Tell u what bri I'm at johns tomorrow I l bring the cd with me and you can post it up as I've tried to rip it and senf in email but it wouldn't attach don't kno why so you might have better luck than me, I've had it on disc bout 3 - 4 years I personally don't like it as its a lot slower than the candi staton, if memory serves the person who gave me the disc said that his mate had it on vinyl

Social source share

boxing.gif Hi M8T onnce I think I have one as I sold the RARE Origanal to Mick and that must be a £1K record as the only one I ever saw was mine and I would be able to recognise it in seconds, one not sell but does give me a sort of right to play the boot???hatsoff2.gif

ph34r.gif DAVE(STOP & THINK)KIL

you're not looking hard enough. there's been a few through ebay, one on JM's auction (700 odd quid) and others sold via lists.

Social source share

you're not looking hard enough. there's been a few through ebay, one on JM's auction (700 odd quid) and others sold via lists.

ah but johns just dropped on this one.it real and cost him not a lot:thumbup:.although u are right chalks only £500 to £700 on ebay.it has turned up a few times

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert