Info Needed On A Very Early Uk Boot

dthedrug

hatsoff2.gif HI HAPPY THIS TIME OF THE YEAR STUFF I HAVE ASKED THIS WITH NO RESPONCE? HOWEVER AFTER WHO DISCOVERED WHAT THAT THERE IS LOTS OF KNOWLAGE OUT THERE? QUESTION IS ABOUT BLANK LABEL 45 UK MADE LOOKS LIKE A PHILIPS STAMPER USED ? TAMS "HEY GIRL DONT BOTHER ME" B/W CHUBBY CHECKER "AT THE DICOTEQUE" MATRIX #HT-1212 A & B RESPECTADLY, IT MUST PREDATE SOUL SOUNDS COPIES AS THESOUL SOUNDS COPY WAS A POOR SELLER AAS WAS DOBIEGREY THE LABELS RAREIST IN MY OPINION, HOWEVER SOMEONE MUST REMEMBER A BOOT THAT WAS SO HGH INDEMAND IT GOT TO #1 WHEN REISSUE?/?HISTORY NEEDE AND HAS ANY ONE GOT A LIST OF YK BOOTS FROM 65 TO 72 AS A FEW THINGS FOR R&B & BLUES FANATICS WERE BOOTED AS WELL AS GUY STEVENS IN FACT HE IS PROBERLY BEHIND THIS AS IT IS A PHILIPS STAMPED ANS SO ARE ALL ISLANDS AND B&C GROUPS OF LABELS? WHO KNOWS WHAT IS OUT THERE??LETS FIND OUTph34r.gif DAVE THE BRAVE KIL
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dave I have a white label bootleg of Earl van Dyke - 6 By 6 - blank label, poor sound quality, it came from one of the Chateau Impney dj's collections.

That's the one with Dynatones on the flip - thought it was a Soul Sounds thing - Just noticed the number series is the same as Dave's Tams / Chubby ... EVD being HT 1206 A / B

Was that the Soul Sounds numbering, or something else like Magic etc ?

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

Social source share

That's the one with Dynatones on the flip - thought it was a Soul Sounds thing - Just noticed the number series is the same as Dave's Tams / Chubby ... EVD being HT 1206 A / B

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

Well, the 'Magic' label (bootleg from about 1969) had the Jackie Edwards 'Feel So Bad' but had an original Island UK stamp on the run out (WI 3006). As collectable as the 'Soul Sounds' series too!

Social source share

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

No it's not Mick, as I said, it's got 6 By 6 on both sides.

Social source share

boxing.gif Hi Soulsters after being told of again by TED for using Bold type, sometimes I wish some people would consider the fact that my education came through my own efforts, as i was bought up in kids homes and approved schools at a time when corporal punishment was the main issue to avoid not spelling and so on if you can get the gist great! and for Te record this is not in any way aimed at Ted, as he is a very good geezer and like all of us he does suffer from Vilaitas a middle class thing! so I have been Informed?

hatsoff2.gif1st things first cheers to you all about the boot all we need to do is find the source, it has no connection to labels like BJD GREENLIGHT SOULSOUND as they are LYNNDISC pressed 100% and the copy I have is a PHILIPS Press hence my suspicion of a Stevens/Abby/Godin collaboration it is well known to those who attended the Scene Flamingo & tiles that bootlegs and 2 page pamphlets on R&B were distributed in these clubs from 64 onwards until the first issues of SOUL HOME OF THE BLUES appeared and these newsletters had record lists on them unfortunately I don't have any as they are very rare indeed? this could give info on the boots, also I cant help making a connection with Sam Nesbits "Black Mother Goose" and this label?? and Mick remember the 777 or was it 444 Chris Jackson acetate that we traded at the Black Horse how come that does not get mentioned any where?? I still believe that there are a few semi legit white label out there, in particular Royce copy of the Ambassadors White Test Pres on JOX 005? this area of soul 45 collecting has always fascinated me? as it was done at a time by individuals who were well ahead of the Game..well lets Keep on Keeping on as more Info is required??

2nd point the REVILOT acetate sounds to me like LIL Carl Carlton and is pure Detroit Magic, I am aware that US 45 collectors gave up on the Detroit sound years ago and the big value records are from the West Coast, However I don't have sheep head stamped on me? this is excellent *****ph34r.gif DAVE(not Bold on this one)KIL

Social source share

Mick remember the 777 or was it 444 Chris Jackson acetate that we traded at the Black Horse how come that does not get mentioned any where??

Hello Dave,

Almost forgotton about that one - it was a 444 Acetate - think it went to Tim Ashibende, and a few months later found another one, again moved it on.

I think the problem was that they were demo takes only, with hardly any instumentation - The copy I had off you was like new, the second one was quite rough, with a big label tear, but a slightly better recording - a little more instumentation, but still lacking that ummph.

Wish I had the "other" Chris Jackson song - crackles and pops would not be turned away (Hello John P)

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert