Patience Is A Virtue

Pauldonnelly

Patience is a Virtue

On June the 20th I won via eBay from a seller call Mischino a copy of Timothy Wilson I must Love You on Sky Disc for £250ish… description suggested it was an original etc etc.

Record arrived mid July 2009. to my disappointment it was a bootleg.

Communication followed where it was suggested I may not know the difference, quickly resolved that one, I requested full refund.

Then it was suggested by default that I may be attempting to defraud the seller by swapping the records and attempting to send back another record.I proved beyond doubt that the record she had sent me was the one she had used as a label scan.

I insisted that I wanted a full refund, She requested I sent the record back and she would address the problem.

After three weeks she finally agreed that what I’d sent back was a bootleg and agreed to refund OR she would give me first access to a bunch of records that she would be obtaining in a couple of weeks, I decided to wait. We are now into October, no list…gentle prompt and a list of £20 records arrived via email.

“Sorry Maria nothing I like, I collect rare Northern and Motown white promos”

On Nov 6th I requested a full refund for the 5th time, she suggested she was skint and would I give her another month as she had some rare stuff arriving, I agreed again…of course nothing.

I’d forgotten about her, that was until yesterday when checking some eBay personal stuff her emails to me came up, I emailed her and asked if she could send me the bootleg back as after all it is technically my property as a full refund had not been resolved, the reply was incredulous “Hi Paul I was going to contact you after the Holiday”…6 months and still not resolved.

She has very positive feedback with regards to selling however resolving problems she’s about as useful as an ashtray on a Harley Davison, beware.

I've given myself a right twating over this and from now on in will stick rigid to every ebay rule.

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This seller has been the topic of other discussions on here. I'll have a search.

Edit: Here you are. Doesn't really help you though. Maybe it will warn others.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/111781-san-francisco-tkos/page__p__1154879__hl__Mischino__fromsearch__1entry1154879

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/99717-do-i-leave-negative-feedback-or-not/page__p__1050539__hl__Mischino__fromsearch__1entry1050539

Edited by soulsider
Social source share

This seller has been the topic of other discussions on here. I'll have a search.

Edit: Here you are. Doesn't really help you though. Maybe it will warn others.

https://www.soul-sour...1entry1154879

https://www.soul-sour...1entry1050539

Yep ,every now and again this guy becomes the topic of conversation on here.........alway's for the wrong reason's too!

Knocks out all the prix copies ,the dodgy boot San fran tko's /George and Teddy's ..........and on and on

Strangely ,nearly all his records look mint:chinstroke:

That aside ....his worst crime is taking people's money ,then not sending records.....closes his account and then resurfaces under a new guise.

Would'nt touch him with a barge pole myself and the only way he'll stop is when the rest wise up and boycott his sales.

Social source share

Patience is a Virtue

On June the 20th I won via eBay from a seller call Mischino a copy of Timothy Wilson I must Love You on Sky Disc for £250ish... description suggested it was an original etc etc.

Record arrived mid July 2009. to my disappointment it was a bootleg.

Communication followed where it was suggested I may not know the difference, quickly resolved that one, I requested full refund.

Then it was suggested by default that I may be attempting to defraud the seller by swapping the records and attempting to send back another record.I proved beyond doubt that the record she had sent me was the one she had used as a label scan.

I insisted that I wanted a full refund, She requested I sent the record back and she would address the problem.

After three weeks she finally agreed that what I'd sent back was a bootleg and agreed to refund OR she would give me first access to a bunch of records that she would be obtaining in a couple of weeks, I decided to wait. We are now into October, no list...gentle prompt and a list of £20 records arrived via email.

"Sorry Maria nothing I like, I collect rare Northern and Motown white promos"

On Nov 6th I requested a full refund for the 5th time, she suggested she was skint and would I give her another month as she had some rare stuff arriving, I agreed again...of course nothing.

I'd forgotten about her, that was until yesterday when checking some eBay personal stuff her emails to me came up, I emailed her and asked if she could send me the bootleg back as after all it is technically my property as a full refund had not been resolved, the reply was incredulous "Hi Paul I was going to contact you after the Holiday"...6 months and still not resolved.

She has very positive feedback with regards to selling however resolving problems she's about as useful as an ashtray on a Harley Davison, beware.

I've given myself a right twating over this and from now on in will stick rigid to every ebay rule.

You refer to She, I thought this was one of the many names used by Richie Rosen or one of his mates

Social source share

Yep ,every now and again this guy becomes the topic of conversation on here.........alway's for the wrong reason's too!

Knocks out all the prix copies ,the dodgy boot San fran tko's /George and Teddy's ..........and on and on

Strangely ,nearly all his records look mintg.gif

That aside ....his worst crime is taking people's money ,then not sending records.....closes his account and then resurfaces under a new guise.

Would'nt touch him with a barge pole myself and the only way he'll stop is when the rest wise up and boycott his sales.

I've seen the Prix copies 'he' sells and they've been genuine (Royal Esquires etc), he's also the 'Las Vegas'? source for the Towanda Barnes boot "Love Slip's" amongst others.

Definitely one to treat with extra caution..

Regards

Greg.

Social source share

as Dave said Rich Rosen PSEUDONAME as far as I was awarwe

did you use pypal..?? if so you should have claimed straight away

If you contact ebay customer services and report the problem with the full details

they may well as a good will gesture refund you

(Ive have had this from them on two occasions)

..just piont out they are allowing rouge sellers to get away with it.

its worth a try.

gasher

Social source share

This eBay name used to be a guy named Joseph Giattano (or something like that). Definitely a Rich Rosen front, although Rosen did have an eBay account as 'waxtracksinc' or something like that.

I have bought some rare Cleveland soul records like the 7 Nombres on Day Wood and the 7th House on DeBrossard from 'him'. I have never had a problem. Mischino also had at least one near mint copy of every Way Out and Del Nita 45s as well.

As far as the Prix records - one of the Eddie Ray 45s he sells is definitely a recent pressing. I won't say 'boot' as it may have been legally sourced. The other ones like Royal Esquires are legit, I know I posted on here about those.

This must be the same outfit that made the boots of Frederic Hymes, right?

Social source share

As far as the Prix records - one of the Eddie Ray 45s he sells is definitely a recent pressing. I won't say 'boot' as it may have been legally sourced. The other ones like Royal Esquires are legit, I know I posted on here about those.

Hey George,

Agreed on the Royal Esquires - what makes you think the Eddie Ray is a recent pressing? I've seen the Prix records sold by this guy and didn't see anything untoward.

He does sell other 'reissues' and definite boots, but I've missed the problem on the 2 Prix releases he's sold, so would appreciate any pointers.

Regards..

Greg. :yes:

Social source share

Hey George,

Agreed on the Royal Esquires - what makes you think the Eddie Ray is a recent pressing? I've seen the Prix records sold by this guy and didn't see anything untoward.

He does sell other 'reissues' and definite boots, but I've missed the problem on the 2 Prix releases he's sold, so would appreciate any pointers.

Regards..

Greg. hatsoff2.gif

If you look at his listing for Eddie Ray Greg he quotes 'Alt take'.....so I guess that's a recent press.

Social source share

If you look at his listing for Eddie Ray Greg he quotes 'Alt take'.....so I guess that's a recent press.

I just checked it out and the 'alt take' is definitely a boot. He was selling originals earlier in the year.

Seems he's run out of his stash of originals, realises its a popular tune and got some 'alt take' cuts pressed up :yes:

For clarity, the labels on the 'mischino' ebay boot are clearly different from the original.

The one on the left is the original.

ATB

Greg :)

post-17206-12619236885819_thumb.jpg post-17206-12619237098257_thumb.jpg

Social source share

THIS SELLER HAS BEEN UNDER 3 DIFFRENT NAMES ON EBAY TO MY OWN KNOWLEDGE HE DOES NOT SEND OUT RECORDS AS I HAVE FOUND OUT. I CONTACTED EBAY AS HE LEFT ME NEGATIVE FEED BACK IN THE DAYS WHEN YOU COULD EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD PAYED AND RECIVED NOTHING FOR YOUR MONEY. THIS IS NOW HIS WIFE COMPUTER AS FAR AS I KNOW, MISCHINO BEING IS THIRD TIME ON EBAY WHO I HAVE CONTACTED ABOUT THIS MATTER BUT AS HE IS USING A DIFFRENT COMPUTER ADDRESS THEY CANNOT ACT. SO BEWARE BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK,

Social source share

I think we're also talking about the guy who put out The Lyrics - So Glad I'm In Love, as Toby Bullard on Flodavieur.

The replies I got were from Mamie (I think) Giattano - or some similar name.

I got a copy with very poor sound quality. That was promptly replaced with a similarly rough copy.

After further complaint and a "I'll show you what sort of guy I am" reply (from Mamie :ohmy: ) it was replaced with the Royal Esquires.

No real delays in my case, just a pain in the @rse with the two duff copies of what I suspected was, and has since proved to be, a boot.

Very wary now of any Las Vegas sellers that could be the same people.

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

I think we're also talking about the guy who put out The Lyrics - So Glad I'm In Love, as Toby Bullard on Flodavieur.

The replies I got were from Mamie (I think) Giattano - or some similar name.

I got a copy with very poor sound quality. That was promptly replaced with a similarly rough copy.

After further complaint and a "I'll show you what sort of guy I am" reply (from Mamie ohmy.gif ) it was replaced with the Royal Esquires.

No real delays in my case, just a pain in the @rse with the two duff copies of what I suspected was, and has since proved to be, a boot.

Very wary now of any Las Vegas sellers that could be the same people.

I had a bad deal with this guy (Mamie Giattino) a couple of years back. What I really couldn't understand was the fact the he actually sent me a letter asking me to drop my paypal claim and then he'll post the records!! Why didn't he just post the bloody records instead of wasting time (and a stamp) on a letter that I just ignored anyway.

He then un-registered from ebay and I never got a penny back. Luckily I paid with my credit card so I got a refund off my credit card company.

Loser.

Social source share

This eBay name used to be a guy named Joseph Giattano (or something like that). Definitely a Rich Rosen front, although Rosen did have an eBay account as 'waxtracksinc' or something like that.

I have bought some rare Cleveland soul records like the 7 Nombres on Day Wood and the 7th House on DeBrossard from 'him'. I have never had a problem. Mischino also had at least one near mint copy of every Way Out and Del Nita 45s as well.

Yes George re- F Hymes

I wished I had kept an old email account that I had used to contact them about the Frederick hymes

I was buying a differnet record from them when it hadnt arrived and he asked was I intereested in A FH (I already had an original - bought from Soul Sam who had originally paid £800 to Jm for the copy well before the boots came) When I asked him to explain about what it was like! "I asked if you could see through it and stated that if you could it was an original" I was obviously setting him up!

He then got a bit nasty with me when I exposed the lie and told me to "Wise UP" This is business and then went on to rant that he had been supplying certain dealers over here!

Thats why I have taken more than a passing interest in this 45. However I dont have the original email which makes it hard for me to prove all I am saying!

Social source share

You refer to She, I thought this was one of the many names used by Richie Rosen or one of his mates

he used to deal under a different name about 2-3 years ago and got in to some bother so changed his name etc It wouldn't surprise me if he's not also dealing under another nome de plume so when this one gets a little hot he already has a name and credit etc to continue He is a bit dodgy and unreliable a small bid $30 that i won disappeared so as the "lads" so just be careful with Misschino

DJ

Social source share

its joe & mamie gittano, they've been on ebay under various different names, "brooklyln born" was one cant remember the others, he's a major bootlegger, towanda barnes, toby bullard, & the ringleaders spring to mind, although the prix stuff was genuine, they're dodgy as fuck, my advice from personal experience......avoid at all costs

Social source share

i know its been done to death on here but there were never any `original`frederick hymes to boot from. all were pressed in 1999 and there on after

dave

Social source share

its joe & mamie gittano, they've been on ebay under various different names, "brooklyln born" was one cant remember the others, he's a major bootlegger, towanda barnes, toby bullard, & the ringleaders spring to mind, although the prix stuff was genuine, they're dodgy as fuck, my advice from personal experience......avoid at all costs

Just a cautionary note; as soulman says the Prix stuff 'was' genuine. If you see my earlier post in this thread even that is suspect now - see the boot of Eddie Ray they are currently offering.

Regards,

Greg. :D

Social source share

That yellow 'Boot' of Eddie Rey, I had a listen to it a while back and it is a completely different recording of the song.

It even has a different song on the A side.

The auction page I saw it on even stated it was an alternate version or something.

Maybe it is something unissued that they've come across - that's assuming it's not just another release on Prix that's not known of?

Not having checked a Prix listing, I don't know for sure if the number they use is part of the series or not.

Does anyone know for certain it's not just a different release that's turned up?

Just curious...

Social source share

That yellow 'Boot' of Eddie Rey, I had a listen to it a while back and it is a completely different recording of the song.

It even has a different song on the A side.

The auction page I saw it on even stated it was an alternate version or something.

Maybe it is something unissued that they've come across - that's assuming it's not just another release on Prix that's not known of?

Not having checked a Prix listing, I don't know for sure if the number they use is part of the series or not.

Does anyone know for certain it's not just a different release that's turned up?

Just curious...

i asked my friend who did the prix reissue to look at this thread

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert