Soulies Needing A Hand

ImberBoy

Soulies needing a hand

Christmas is a fantastic time for families and friends but we all know that there is another side as well when we have people on their own, often worried or depressed. Now no one ever likes to ask for help but some times we have to bite the bullet and phone some one just to off load.

I have often phoned a mate with problems and found that sharing or just having some one there who doesn't judge me helps.

If yer in the shit and the walls are closing in give us a shout, I have no money, no advice and no wisdom, I have got and ear Ring, don't be on your own.

My Mobile number is 07877333236 and my land line is 0114 2838923

Social source share

• Replies 54
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Soulies needing a hand

Christmas is a fantastic time for families and friends but we all know that there is another side as well when we have people on their own, often worried or depressed. Now no one ever likes to ask for help but some times we have to bite the bullet and phone some one just to off load.

I have often phoned a mate with problems and found that sharing or just having some one there who doesn't judge me helps.

If yer in the shit and the walls are closing in give us a shout, I have no money, no advice and no wisdom, I have got and ear Ring, don't be on your own.

You're a good man Simon thumbsup.gif

I have all my family with me, food, drink, etc... but i know there are plenty who won't out there.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Don't know ya personally Simon but your post says a lot about ya.

The mark of a man thumbsup.gif

As the line in the song goes "Christmas is a happy time, Christmas is the saddest time"

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Thats a nice gesture Simon your made of the right stuff . Me at the mo i feel like im in the mire, Skint,Car knackered,bit of illness,and having to work on Christmass Day.But in reality i am well off,got my family all round me and a roof over my head,and things looking up for new year.Lots more Soulies worse off than me give Simon a call,if hes as mad in real life as he is on Soul Source then sure he will lift you up a bit.To all the pissed off soulies remember the iconic words of Nolan Porter

YOU GOT TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON NO MATTER HOW ROUGH IT GETS

Merry Christmas and a Soulful new year to all

Social source share

Guest souljack

Soulies needing a hand

well done that man,i dont know you simon but i hope YOU have a great christmas,ktf jack
Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

Mmm. Shame about the no money, no advice and no wisdom bit but the sentiments are bang on for the season of goodwill! thumbup.gif

The next round's mine!

Merry Christmas!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Of course you realise that if you DO ring Simon you won't get a word in edgeways, so if you're truly suicidal and it's urgent, maybe call the Samaritans first laugh.gif

What you will get though is entertaining conversation of the highest order, so there's a good chance he can distract you from your troubles. He's also good with plumbing emergencies, fixing scooters, kilt stories, and he's seen some things around the world that are a lot worse than any of us will ever have to experience, so he might help you get it into perspective.

Bless you Simon, Merry Christmas mate thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

TOP MAN, HAVE GOOD ONE AND ALLthumbup.gif BILLY

Social source share

Thats a nice gesture Simon your made of the right stuff . Me at the mo i feel like im in the mire, Skint,Car knackered,bit of illness,and having to work on Christmass Day.But in reality i am well off,got my family all round me and a roof over my head,and things looking up for new year.Lots more Soulies worse off than me give Simon a call,if hes as mad in real life as he is on Soul Source then sure he will lift you up a bit.To all the pissed off soulies remember the iconic words of Nolan Porter

hey up mate

hope things get turned round for you and will we be seeing you at metrodome , come over an Ill tell you a daft joke

cheers b

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

A very kind gesture simon, the mark of a true gentleman. A VERY HAPPY XMAS TO YOUthumbup.gif

Social source share

Of course you realise that if you DO ring Simon you won't get a word in edgeways, so if you're truly suicidal and it's urgent, maybe call the Samaritans first laugh.gif

What you will get though is entertaining conversation of the highest order, so there's a good chance he can distract you from your troubles. He's also good with plumbing emergencies, fixing scooters, kilt stories, and he's seen some things around the world that are a lot worse than any of us will ever have to experience, so he might help you get it into perspective.

Bless you Simon, Merry Christmas mate thumbsup.gif

Just the man...

as a brickie i am always inundated with call's from peep's who seem to think i might know a good plumber (why that is i'm not sure?) so i'll save Simon's number to mobile and pass it onwicked.gif

Great gesture all the same Simon ,your a true gentleman

all the very best to you for xmas/noo yr!

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

A very kind gesture simon, the mark of a true gentleman. A VERY HAPPY XMAS TO YOU:thumbup:

agreed a mark of a true gentleman and human being.wonderful

have a happy xmas and all the best for 2010:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Don't know you personally but that is a great gesture and nice to have people like that here

So will everyone ring at same time trying to get through, no one will know when line is free

Social source share

Another Top Thread from a real Diamond Geezer' !! good.gif

And.. You are dead right, Simon, it does indeed help just by the simple outlet of talking to someone who isn't there to 'judge' you.

A lot of people know of my circumstances over the past 12 months - and the awful prospect my family and I face come the 4th January 2010. It isn't a case of me enjoying 'washing my laundry in public' - nope - it's the simple fact that other soulies and the soul music fraternity/scene, in general, has proved to be (I truly believe) the one main 'therapy' that has kept me going. It's given me the strength to overcome, in particular, my 'darkest' moment - the earlier part of this year - when I had actually already sat down and planned my own demise. (Sounds CRAZY, doesn't it ?? but them's the joys of Depression..).

I learned, only around August of '08 - for the first time in my life, too (which, for me, is the saddest part of it..) - what it was like to have 'friends' that cared enough about me as to enquire after my well-being and offer their support in whatever way they could.

It was after a Wilton 'niter, where people could visibly see I was 'down' & not my 'usual' self, and one I left early - without saying any farewells, just 'slipped off - that I first got to experience something I hadn't realised I'd been missing out on, all my life, up until that point.

Over the following two days I received in the region of 60 - 70 text messages from those soulies I mention above.. It CHANGED MY LIFE !! Literally..

I realised at that point that it was okay to 'bend an ear' as the benefits were far more reward than any ££'s could ever purchase.

The generosity of soulies given my present predicament has seen no boundaries, either - with offers of financial assistance (gifts - not just loans..) from people that I don't know and have never even met..

THAT is why I've easily been able to be completely open about my life over the past year with other Soulies..

It really DOES help !! And a big loving THANK YOU !! to Simon for reminding us of this fact - I truly hope 2010 is especially good to you, buddy. good.gif

Fingers..

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

What a kind and considerate gesture Simon .

This is why you are highly thought of on the scene .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

Awh Simon your so sweet wub.gif have a lovely christmas and all the best for 2010 :no:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

What lovely gift, this is what Christmas is about.

Social source share

Hey if you need a car, or anyone needs a car, I've got one sitting on my drive doing nothing, pay the insurance and anyone can borrow it save it just sitting there! MOT'd for a year, taxed, Suzuki Grand Vitara 4 x 4. I thought it was going to fail it's MOT so I went and bought a new car and guess what, it sailed through laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Mark Cartwright

That is an outstanding offer!!

Having suffered with depression on and of for years I know exactly how importnat, even life saving, it can be to have someone to talk to.

I don't know Simon other than through SS but have seen him out and about - I'll come and say hello and shake your hand next time.

Have a great Xmas

Social source share

Hi Simon,

I'm looking forward to meeting you for a beer on 27th at The Metrodome. I really enjoy reading your Threads and your Post's on other peoples Threads. When it's Serious, your very Serious. When it's Funny, your very Funny........ I have enjoyed reading what you have wrote over this past 12 months. This Thread say's it all....WELL DONE.thumbsup.gif

Before you posted this Help Thread, I for one, knew the kind of guy you are even though we have never met, your personality comes out with what you write....TOP MANthumbsup.gif.

:hatsoff2:I take my hat off to you.:hatsoff2:

Keep up the Great Threads. Hope you and all your family have a Fantastic Christmas.

KTF................. Bridgey....:thumbup:

Edited by Bridgey
Social source share

Simon ,your post has brought a tear to my eye,ive been in a Dark place for 18 month or so,could have done with you last Christmas,on Christmas day i ended up in hospital,attempted suicide,il be alone again with my dark thoughts ,have a great christmas and New year,ill happy when its all over

Bazza

Edited by Bazza
Social source share

Anyone who is depressed, please take up Simon's fantastic offer, there's never been a truer word spoken than a problem shared is a problem halved. A lot of the problem is just making the first step to actually talk to someone. This is the first christmas that I can remember for a good 15 years that I haven't had problems with either children, cars or money, and I'm thankful for that. Lots of us know what it's like when depression takes hold and it feels like it's impossible to get out of that hole. Try and talk to somebody, please.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Soulies needing a hand

Simon, a true Gent................hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Another Top Thread from a real Diamond Geezer' !! good.gif

And.. You are dead right, Simon, it does indeed help just by the simple outlet of talking to someone who isn't there to 'judge' you.

A lot of people know of my circumstances over the past 12 months - and the awful prospect my family and I face come the 4th January 2010. It isn't a case of me enjoying 'washing my laundry in public' - nope - it's the simple fact that other soulies and the soul music fraternity/scene, in general, has proved to be (I truly believe) the one main 'therapy' that has kept me going. It's given me the strength to overcome, in particular, my 'darkest' moment - the earlier part of this year - when I had actually already sat down and planned my own demise. (Sounds CRAZY, doesn't it ?? but them's the joys of Depression..).

This situation is f*cking ridiculous and it's been doing my head in for a few weeks now.

There's one of our mates here in trouble and nobody's doing anything about it.

Anyone on here who knows John could easily donate 10, 20, 30 quid or more, I'd be happy to collect it via paypal and then hand it over, Simsy suggested something like this a few weeks back but we never did anything about it and I think it's time we did, Come on, surely at christmas it's the least we could do? John helped me when nobody else did. Anyone want to take part in this?

Social source share

Guest proudlove

This situation is f*cking ridiculous and it's been doing my head in for a few weeks now.

There's one of our mates here in trouble and nobody's doing anything about it.

Anyone on here who knows John could easily donate 10, 20, 30 quid or more, I'd be happy to collect it via paypal and then hand it over, Simsy suggested something like this a few weeks back but we never did anything about it and I think it's time we did, Come on, surely at christmas it's the least we could do? John helped me when nobody else did. Anyone want to take part in this?

PM'D you Pete.

Social source share

Hi Simon

just like to say, i think youre a lovely man for being so selfless and kind....i spoke to you for the first time at Samantha's last weekend,(im the lass with the ribbons).

you know its the kind gesture from you to be there for folk that may be strangers to you, that gives meaning to the spirit of christmas....are you sure your not an angel?...cause youre definitely a star,and one who folk would find an honour to be your friend...hats off to you.

KTF

Susan (Mrs Casper)

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

Simon, not only have you selflessly offered yourself up here, but you have reminded us all of the impotance of Faith, Hope, and Charity at this time of year especially.

Well done Bro.

- Kev.

Social source share

Guest soulchasers

really moved reading your offer of generosity on here Simon, absolute top bloke!!!! really hope you can make a difference to someone this xmas!!!! all the very best to you mate you are a legend!!!

Social source share

Soulies needing a hand

Simon, you've obviously re-kindled the charitable notions of a good few people on here. Well done again mate.

It's about time this thread was bumped to somewhere it can be easily found.

Merry Christmas, and highest Regards,

- Kev.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert