New - Myron And E - "it's A Shame"

Samson

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It shows promise but, sadly, I think the lyrics are average, the bass is far too low in places and the vocals are a bit weak and sloppy ...and are WAY TOO HIGH in the mix.

A remix, some vintage effects and a lot of compression would help to get that sound they're after.

Interesting though...

Social source share

the bass is far too low in places and the vocals are a bit weak and sloppy ...and are WAY TOO HIGH in the mix.

A remix, some vintage effects and a lot of compression would help to get that sound they're after.

It would really surprise me if the 5+ minute soundclip above is anything else than an early rough mix. There are hardly any effects or compression evident at all. I was thinking the exact same thing as you Paul when the previous Myron & E tune "leaked" - that it lacked punch and was badly mixed and mastered. Then the 7" of it dropped and it sounded exactly like it should. :thumbsup: Timmion are usually spot on with what they're doing and I'm sure they'll get it right this time around as well.

Social source share

It would really surprise me if the 5+ minute soundclip above is anything else than an early rough mix. There are hardly any effects or compression evident at all. I was thinking the exact same thing as you Paul when the previous Myron & E tune "leaked" - that it lacked punch and was badly mixed and mastered. Then the 7" of it dropped and it sounded exactly like it should. thumbsup.gif Timmion are usually spot on with what they're doing and I'm sure they'll get it right this time around as well.

Hello Sebastian,

I had the same thought and I hope you're right.

Hearing an unmixed or unmastered version may not be very helpul really.

Best regards,

Social source share

Guest Demotron

What I'm assuming, is that this is the unmastered flat mix. It has been mastered when the master disc was carved, before sending it to the pressing plant. Naturally the final vinyl product will sound different.

Social source share

What I'm assuming, is that this is the unmastered flat mix. It has been mastered when the master disc was carved, before sending it to the pressing plant. Naturally the final vinyl product will sound different.

Didn't think about that. Let's hope!:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Myron & E with The soul Investigators 7" "it's a Shame part 1 & 2 instr. " will be ready to ship out on 9th FEB

postcard021_netti(1).jpg

limited pressing.

we are taking pre-orders from now on. and ship out on 9th

price is 7 / copy

Airmail shipping 3,50 europe, 5,40 rest of the world

paypal

PM or email: jukkats (at) gmail.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!