Quixotics

Weingarden

Anyone know anything about the Quixotics on Blackman, "Reach Out"? It's a nice little record, seemingly from Detroit or Ohio. Rudy Robinson and Herbie Ross are involved....Google leads to mentions of it on a couple UK playlists, but as an acetate and/or without a label. I know it exists, because I have one in my hand. Known? Covered up?

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone know anything about the Quixotics on Blackman, "Reach Out"? It's a nice little record, seemingly from Detroit or Ohio. Rudy Robinson and Herbie Ross are involved....Google leads to mentions of it on a couple UK playlists, but as an acetate and/or without a label. I know it exists, because I have one in my hand. Known? Covered up?

I know someone who turned up a bunch of copies of this, but passed on most of them because most were pressed off center. he only bought the on-center copies. I didn't buy one because he wanted $300 apiece and it was too hi-sounding for me. John Anderson bought some off him, I think it would appeal more to deep soul collectors.

Social source share

...and it ain't going to appeal to any deep-soul collector i know of. it IS off center, though.

i played it a few times when i was holding it, it sounded very Hi and the group was weak and came in just at the chorus, i have to listen to that ebay clip. it was sort of slow too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert