Ted Massey

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've never actually heard it! He's usually a fantastic vocalist, practically an alltime great with tremendous power and a great falsetto shriek which is very distinctive.

A quick google search reveals that Ady Pountain played it at Thorne in recent months.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

I've never actually heard it! He's usually a fantastic vocalist, practically an alltime great with tremendous power and a great falsetto shriek which is very distinctive.

A quick google search reveals that Ady Pountain played it at Thorne in recent months.

its here might have to re evalute my opinion as Adey has good taste

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250543083538&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Social source share

I don't think I've ever seen "Just Ask the Lonely" before, but I have seen "That's It" and that price seems slightly, though not obnoxiously high.

i was the second bidder just because i haven't seen it, so i'm responsible for the slightly but not obnoxiously high price i guess

Social source share

boxing.gifHi TED MY LAST COPY OF THATS ENOUGH I GAVE AWAY TO RODGER NICHOLS, COZ HE IS A GOOD BLOKE AND HAD NEVER OWNED ONE ON GERRI, I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS A £25 RECORD STILL I STOPPED SELLING RECORDS YEARS AGO NOW IT IS RARE AND THE LABEL LOOKS EXCELLANT THE OTHER ONE I HAVE NOT HAD SO AINT GOT A CLUE AS FOR UK WAND £10 WAND DEMO £30, PYE INTERNATIONAL ISSUE ALWAYS WORTH A TON AND IN RAREITY TERMS ANY THING UNDER £100 IS A BARGIN, PYE INTERNATIONAL DEMO GOT TO BE A BIDS RECORD SURELY? A REAL TRUE ORIGANAL DEMANDA FROM THE 6ts I WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN ANYTHING UNDER £250 FOR MY COPY IT IS 2009/10. AND NO NOT SELLING IT BEFORE ANYONE ENQUIRES HOWEVER ALWAYS INTO TRADES AS I HAVE A SPARE? ph34r.gif DAVE KIL.

post-13241-12605645706908_thumb.jpg

Social source share

boxing.gifHi TED MY LAST COPY OF THATS ENOUGH I GAVE AWAY TO RODGER NICHOLS, COZ HE IS A GOOD BLOKE AND HAD NEVER OWNED ONE ON GERRI, I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS A £25 RECORD STILL I STOPPED SELLING RECORDS YEARS AGO NOW IT IS RARE AND THE LABEL LOOKS EXCELLANT THE OTHER ONE I HAVE NOT HAD SO AINT GOT A CLUE AS FOR UK WAND £10 WAND DEMO £30, PYE INTERNATIONAL ISSUE ALWAYS WORTH A TON AND IN RAREITY TERMS ANY THING UNDER £100 IS A BARGIN, PYE INTERNATIONAL DEMO GOT TO BE A BIDS RECORD SURELY? A REAL TRUE ORIGANAL DEMANDA FROM THE 6ts I WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN ANYTHING UNDER £250 FOR MY COPY IT IS 2009/10. AND NO NOT SELLING IT BEFORE ANYONE ENQUIRES HOWEVER ALWAYS INTO TRADES AS I HAVE A SPARE? ph34r.gif DAVE KIL.

this is "that's enough", not "that's it". "that's enough" is a very common record in chicago, it was a big hit, find it in most collections.

Social source share

We disagree again Dave, I sold my demo for 100 I think maybe a bit less, only paid 60 for it...6 months ago

Social source share

We disagree again Dave, I sold my demo for 100 I think maybe a bit less, only paid 60 for it...6 months ago

boxing.gif TED I am not disagreeing with you or any body my price is based on availability more and more these days as we all are getting older top collectors feel that the true collectobles of the scene are falling price wise I have spoke to Mick today about this very subject that rare records on his lists in the 8ts are still listed at almost the same price? there are 2 issues here Ted in the old Days we worked out the price and rareaty from making contacts buying many records on spec and unplayed and the origanal dealers were very differant from the collectors, In 1975 if you would have told me that Mick Adey and so many more were going to be top DJs and main players NO never in fact I remember in 78 at bedfor Mick Giving me the records to put on the decks?? the experiance of Northern Soul and Mick Agrees was the Journy the change of attitude from were we come from but the DJs I said this the other day and think about it how did you learn what was what in the early days,

My piont is the same today as it was back in 73 if i liked it i would try and buy it if i could locate it And living in Letchworth no one was talking rare soul then apart from Mick who is a profesional in the trade dependable bloke, agreed were haveing been down that route and wasteing £1000s I put a true value on the Record I agree that I would not get it but lets say for insurance purposs, at the lat Wolves record fair Micks Box Containd some excellant UK issues that years ago iwould of killed for to round up its all to easy if you play the game that i used to do at wigan and so on when a record box come into the room and its in the hands of a dancer who is speeding buy the box of him thats how i built my collection andsacrifice tyour big sound for 2 lesser recordsbut when put together and with demand the big one you swapped would not buy one of the 2 back the issue how much money is being payed for the top tunes that are only andforever be wanted by a small amount of middle aged men my demo cost about £7 and I have never paid more than £100 for a record and that is very rare most of my collection came from the old schoolway of buy ing and swapping and haveing contacts? the killer of the scene as we used to say is that certain people have milked it dry and not prepaird to move over and let fresh people have ago and the reason is they cant as every thing is invested into the way its all runrolleyes.gif

Next time you are selling UK stuff give me an oppertunity Ted as if you sell rare records cheap because rolleyes.gif whtever I need 20 To conplete however I aint got £1000s to throw at records i have made thedecsion 13 years ago my records give me great pleasur and I made sure that the habbit of always chaseing the latest tune is an expensive trip?

DAVE KILWORTH Record Collector for 46 years XXgood.gif

Social source share

Dave i think i need what ever you are on, I WAS NOT ASKING ABOUT THATS ENOUGH i was asking about THATS IT totally different record AND IT WAS PETE POST YOU REPLIED TO NOT MINEshades.giftongue.gif

boxing.gif Ted I have worked this out however it may mean something to someone, 2 times today i have F***ed up iam not to well mate. Manship HAS A Geri Thats enough at £60 so my £25 was about right..yes SOZ there is a DJ copy of donald Hieght tak of the grapvine with 5 min to go now thats rareph34r.gif DAVE

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

i was the second bidder just because i haven't seen it, so i'm responsible for the slightly but not obnoxiously high price i guess

just to add more crap to this thread, someone I know said they've seen Roscoe's atlantic 45 on Gerri, anyone have a listing for that? I just checked and Dave Rimmer also has it listed with ?? for the number:

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/rrobinson.htm

he should also add the one from the auction above.

I've seen another weird later Gerri 45 he did, it was like a Black label with blockier print, but maybe it was a different artist on his Gerri label? I swear it was him though but I'm not remembering. There's definitely a later Gerri record with blockier print though.

Social source share

just seen these go through Ebay

Just ask the lonely on Gerri £927

Thats it on Gerri £94

wondered if these were the correct prices

There have been at least 2 copies of Just Ask The Lonely on ebay this year which were around $500, and I bought a (mint) copy of this for $200 a few months ago (ebay Buy It Now). So the price above seems a bit high.

Edited by mshoals
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert