Pete S

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

After a "surprising no sale" of this record the seller has relisted it.... with a reduction in the starting bid of $112....

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170417528858

Generosity knows no bounds when it comes to reducing the start price on such an item rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif ....

Pete.... be a saint innocent.gif .... give him/her some tips on proper reductions will you.... oh, and whilst your at it, proper prices to start with wink.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

It seems like there is people out there who will pay daft money for sounds that are not rare or easily available. I've said before in my eyes there are certain fraternaties within the scene who purchse rare and expensive sounds just to say they own them and not for the love of what's in the groove, this then denies the genuine collectors or D Js the chance to purchase or share these exclusive sounds. But if there are individuals who will pay obtrusive money for non rare records it seems like a lot of gennuine collectors & record dealers who come on to this site are missing out on some big bucks. Probably because most of them in their own Heart & Souls think & moraly know they could'nt do what the non gennuine one's do. It's glad that ther are still some morales & standards that are kept by certain parts of the scene which some times i think sometimes can seem as rare as the records.

Edited by POTTERIESPECK
Social source share

It seems like there is people out there who will pay daft money for sounds that are not rare or easily available. I've said before in my eyes there are certain fraternaties within the scene who purchse rare and expensive sounds just to say they own them and not for the love of what's in the groove, this then denies the genuine collectors or D Js the chance to purchase or share these exclusive sounds. But if there are individuals who will pay obtrusive money for non rare records it seems like a lot of gennuine collectors & record dealers who come on to this site are missing out on some big bucks. Probably because most of them in their own Heart & Souls think & moraly know they could'nt do what the non gennuine one's do. It's glad that ther are still some morales & standards that are kept by certain parts of the scene which some times i think sometimes can seem as rare as the records.

I really enjoyed listening to a DJ the other day exclaim " I've just paid £2000 pounds for a record" when asked what it was, his answer was" Oh! I can't remember it's the one everyone is playing" Maybe he shops on E-Bay, putting in the search NORTHERN SOUL EVERYONE IS PLAYING and buys the first thing over a grand!!!wicked.gif

Social source share

I've sent him a question to ask the rationale behind the pricing... will be interested to know the answer.

It's a slightly different colour to the other ones on sale for £6.99 or thereabouts - maybe it's a special platinum-based ink with gold tinted lettering and if you play the b-side backwards it reveals the location of the final resting place of the Ark. Or maybe that's just silly.

Social source share

I've sent him a question to ask the rationale behind the pricing... will be interested to know the answer.

It's a slightly different colour to the other ones on sale for £6.99 or thereabouts - maybe it's a special platinum-based ink with gold tinted lettering and if you play the b-side backwards it reveals the location of the final resting place of the Ark. Or maybe that's just silly.

Good though!thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

seen a similar sale on usa e bay a few months ago the marvellettes godess of love on usa tamla $2000, what planet are these people on:wanker:

Deep in my memory banks, and i'm going back some time (as I've not bought 7's for a long time now) i seem to recall that i saw this record listed for a big sum - it was clearly incorrect and was a misprint that was duly corrected by the dealer as i queried it. I'm sure this must have been pre- price guides so must have been a list- i think it was possibly a manship list.

I just wonder if some of these things stick and almost become a reality.

Social source share

That's obvious isn't it? He is clearly a con man who is quite happy to take money from the stupid.

You only have to look at the number of Michael Jackson items that are worth pennies (if that), that are currently on "buy it now" for hundreds and sometimes thousands of $ to see that he is not alone.

Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

1000 LIMITED EDITION FOR 2000, Susan Boyle only as 1 track on the CD two copies availabe on e bay, - one at £500 & one at £2500. seems some might be collecting the wrong stuff [ only joking }

post-5802-12603897883062.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert