Carolina Beach Music

Guest Steve Jarrell

Guest Steve Jarrell

Hi Friends,

Are any of you folks familiar with the term "Carolina Beach Music"? Lot's of soul by artists like Clifford Curry, Maurice Williams, General Johnson and Chairman of the Board, Clovers, Ravens, Steve Jarrell & the Sons of the Beach and etc.post-18662-12600664061884.jpg

Steve Jarrell

Salt & Pepper

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Friends,

Are any of you folks familiar with the term "Carolina Beach Music"? Lot's of soul by artists like Clifford Curry, Maurice Williams, General Johnson and Chairman of the Board, Clovers, Ravens, Steve Jarrell & the Sons of the Beach and etc.post-18662-12600664061884.jpg

Steve Jarrell

Salt & Pepper

Hi Steve.

Welcome to Soul Source, some of us have the excellent book, Hey Baaby Days Of Beach by Greg Haynes. Too big for the book case, lives in front of my decks!!

Social source share

Guest Steve Jarrell

Hi Steve.

Welcome to Soul Source, some of us have the excellent book, Hey Baaby Days Of Beach by Greg Haynes. Too big for the book case, lives in front of my decks!!

Hello Chalky,

You are right about the "Hey Baby Days" book being so large. A friend of mine described it as a coffee table book bigger than the coffee table. I saw Greg Haynes last week. We did a show with Bruce Channel and Greg came and presented Bruce with the book.

Steve

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

I used to live in Raleigh North Carolina where there was plaenty of shagging going on. A lot of music on the "Oldies" station was introduced as Beach Music. First heard Saturday Night by Thelma Houston introduced as a great song to shag to......

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I used to live in Raleigh North Carolina where there was plaenty of shagging going on. A lot of music on the "Oldies" station was introduced as Beach Music. First heard Saturday Night by Thelma Houston introduced as a great song to shag to......

Now that's a song to shag to thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

I used to have this, sold it a while ago now.

KTF

Baz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oEPyecFauk

Hi Friends,

Steve Jarrell

Salt & Pepper

Social source share

Guest Steve Jarrell

I wanted to share this with you friends. Clifford Curry and I recorded it together in 1992. It was a good shag record for us and I was honored the he asked me to record it with him. The song is "Two Soul Brothers" backed with a song called "Just Drifting Along", a tribute to our late friend Bill Pinkney.

Regards,

Steve

10 Two Soul Brothers.mp3

10 Two Soul Brothers.mp3

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert