• Replies 64
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-11139-12620038511291_thumb.jpgpost-11139-1262003875231_thumb.jpg

here's another label difference regarding colour. The demo's i've seen of this are white, can anyone give any info on the yellow?

post-11139-12620040647878_thumb.jpg

post-11139-12620040647878_thumb.jpg

Not sure, I'll try to find something out.

Here's the White one for comparison.

Many Thanks for Posting The Metros Scans.

PopSike.com

300278358293.jpg

I'm wondering if it was Issued during the change from White to Yellow and Therefore both were made for Number 6115.

PopSike.com

330284292530.jpg

I think that this one may be Yellow Only for Instance.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is going off at a bit of a tangent. But there is also the issue of 'stock labels'. several different labels from one city with no know connection all having the same label design. Cincinatti had the multi coloured swirl design seen on Split records and several others.

Been told by guys in the U.S. before that if you were on a tight budget you just gave the masters to the pressing plant and they would organise everything at a cheaper price. They would ask the label printers to provide a basic label and often this would involve a standard design that they had, the relevant info was then printed onto this.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest rosies dad

Great thread Roger. I've wondered about these sorts of things to, noticing different type on different copies of the same record..but what really makes me wonder

is when you get a record with the title completely wrong. off hand i'm thinking of my copy of Jackie Wilson "nothing but blue skies"..but my copy says "nothing but heartaches" !

how the hell does that happen? and how many ran thru the presses before they figured it out?? haha . i still haven't ever found one with the correct title... i think this sharp end is gonna provide alot of hours of reading for me...to bad i cant use the computer on the toilet.

regards,

Jacob

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

i'm thinking of my copy of Jackie Wilson "nothing but blue skies"..but my copy says "nothing but heartaches" !

I believe that was not a printer's error - somebody at Brunswick confused "...Blue Skies" with the slightly earlier (unrelated) Artistics song "Nothing But Heartaches" and set the wrong label copy up at source.

In this instance, the printer would only have been acting off info that had been sent over by the record label i.e. it's not really a 'label variation'...

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

I believe that was not a printer's error - somebody at Brunswick confused "...Blue Skies" with the slightly earlier (unrelated) Artistics song "Nothing But Heartaches" and set the wrong label copy up at source.

In this instance, the printer would only have been acting off info that had been sent over by the record label i.e. it's not really a 'label variation'...

good one tony. Thanks for clarifying.
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Here's a style of Cadet label that you don't see too often:

I nicked this scan off the 'net, but I do actually have a copy that looks like this thanks to Mr. Eames and his Soumine...

Social source share

Brunswick must have sent this information to some other countries also... I've got one with that title - released in Chilewink.gif

post-5094-12719735078596_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

Brunswick must have sent this information to some other countries also... I've got one with that title - released in Chilewink.gif

thats a beauty!

Social source share

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert