Winfield Parker - I Wanna Be With You

Steveh73

Blimey - is this correct? The price seems to have leapt tenfold - https://www.collector...id=370292365302 I've always thought this was a great 7, supply was bound to dry up at some point and it does satisfy the current vogue for funkier sounds. I've even thought it underpriced at £20 - £30 but even so - nearly £200!!

Still - supply and demand and all that - someone was obviously happy to pay that price.

Excellent - I have to say my copy has never sounded better!!

Cheers

Steve.

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ste Brazil

Blimey - is this correct? The price seems to have leapt tenfold - https://www.collector...id=370292365302 I've always thought this was a great 7, supply was bound to dry up at some point and it does satisfy the current vogue for funkier sounds. I've even thought it underpriced at £20 - £30 but even so - nearly £200!!

Still - supply and demand and all that - someone was obviously happy to pay that price.

Excellent - I have to say my copy has never sounded better!!

Cheers

Steve.

??????????????????????????? ph34r.gif

Ste.

Social source share

sold 3 on here six months ago for 25 quid each,well still got a few -nowt surprises me anymore -happy to sell my 2 remaining ones for25each just pm me if anyone wants one- !!!!

BAZ A

PS MOVING HOUSE SO NO SALES ARE GOING IN THE SALES SECTION TILL MID JAN!!!

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Baz,

Just sold 2 off my list at £20....went like hot cakes, had at least 5 other people wanting it and the list is only a couple of hours old! Shame they didn`t want it when i couldn`t get £15 for it and had 10 copies a couple of months ago.

Sebastian, shame on you taking a poor punter for ten times what a record is worth!:thumbup:

Its the Timothy Wilson "Loving you" thing all over again...Ignorance is bliss!

Chris

Social source share

Baz,

Just sold 2 off my list at £20....went like hot cakes, had at least 5 other people wanting it and the list is only a couple of hours old! Shame they didn`t want it when i couldn`t get £15 for it and had 10 copies a couple of months ago.

Sebastian, shame on you taking a poor punter for ten times what a record is worth!:thumbup:

Chris

Chris

One of the 2 was mine and at £20 it's the right price - appreciated. The Timothy Wilson is another record I paid £20 for and again that's a fair price.

Both records are nice, not fantastic but nice, but I'm afraid 'ignorance' is always a factor on the bay and credit to any straight up seller, like Seb,

who pulls a few quid more in.

Regards.. :ohmy:

Social source share

credit to any straight up seller, like Seb,

who pulls a few quid more in.

Thats just what i said when i sold that Connie Stevens track on there for 150 quid!

I must admit i played the Winfield Parker the other day and it sounded the business. I`m going to give it a spin in Nurenburg this weekend...perfect for the modern room there...

Will get yours out before i leave Greg.

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

Thats just what i said when i sold that Connie Stevens track on there for 150 quid!

I must admit i played the Winfield Parker the other day and it sounded the business. I`m going to give it a spin in Nurenburg this weekend...perfect for the modern room there...

Will get yours out before i leave Greg.

Cheers, Chris

Chris,

Much appreciated..

Enjoy the German crowd!

Many Thanks.. :thumbup:

Social source share

yep just sold my remaining 2 for 25 each -top tune great to see a buzz on it [kept one for myself as usual!!

BAZ A

Baz,

Sebastian, shame on you taking a poor punter for ten times what a record is worth!whistling.gif

Chris

Social source share

Must be hard to get, just managed to find another 4 copies and pass them on to the guys who missed them off the list....

It would be interesting to see what a copy would make on ebay now...my guess would be £30.

There is a guy in Philly who had boxes of these, i mean hundreds of copies. Might give him a bell!

Chris.

Social source share

It would be interesting to see what a copy would make on ebay now...my guess would be £30.

Probably less than that.

Winfield Parker's "I Wanna Be With You" is one of the best uptempo 70s soul records ever in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Craig Moerer sold a M- copy on eBay two days prior to mine(!) for $22.50. He's got stock of it at $60 each.

I just got really lucky with that recent copy of mine. There were 2 bidders battling for it between $20 and $300. Then a third bidder came in towards the end and sniped it for $305. Who knows what his maximum bid was?

There were some other 45s in that auction round that also went for unusually high prices that I'm surprised that you haven't picked on yet (Side Effect, Jackie Hines, Sylvia Striplin etc.). :rolleyes:

Social source share

Just went to pull mine out for a spin at Nurenburg this weekend and guess what, i aint got one!

I let someone have it when it was over-ordered from my list for £15 (I`m good like that!). But that was 3 months ago and things can change so fast on this scene....so I have a hundred quid waiting for anyone who will sell me a copy?

Only joking, have 4 copies on the way and only sold 3....phew!

Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert