Walter Wilson

Speedlimit

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yet another big ticket sound on ebay Walter Wilson love keeps me crying originally played by mr darge then butch who also as the inst this is the 4th know copy what you recken this will go forthumbup.gif awesome uptempo soul of the highest order

yep,heres the link and the seller has some other nice records for sale,!!!unsure.gifph34r.gif

https://cgi.ebay.com/Walter-Wilson-MEGA-RARE-Northern-Soul-45-on-Wand_W0QQitemZ120497837564QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item1c0e3b15fc

Edited by de-to
Social source share

i don't like to brag:lol: but first played by me off a master tape.:lol:

Think that's right Ady hence it's appearance on CD with the wrong artist title :unsure: , then Mick Smith had a cracked copy which he played.....then I got one, and Sam won one in a John Manship auction. It's the rarest Wand that I know of and has a fabulous B side as well, some would say better than "Crying". We think it got pulled post pressing because of a dust up between producer and label.

Speedlimit not sure Keb has played it, and you are right Butch has the instrumental.

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Why are records so rare on these big labels, they must have pressed up hundreds of copies! Still to be found?!

Because sometimes they pressed em up, then didn't put them out and ended up throwing the copies out....it happened quite a bit in the strange world of 60s record biz.

Ady I was keeping quiet about it being Tommy Keith :thumbup: But yes it is he.

Social source share

Because sometimes they pressed em up, then didn't put them out and ended up throwing the copies out....it happened quite a bit in the strange world of 60s record biz.

Ady I was keeping quiet about it being Tommy Keith :thumbup: But yes it is he.

Should we know who Tommy Keith is?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

What did it fetch in the end ??

Cheers Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

6,149 USD (approx £3,718 )

Anyone know why so rare on a quite major label when there should have been at least a few thousand pressed.?

Withdrawn, warehouse fire/flood ?????????????????

Every record has a story somewhere.

Social source share

So seminal that I never heard of him in my life :unsure:

He wrote and produced "Nine Times" Pete, among many other of the Moments greatest, er, moments.

Don't think he was ever actually in any incarnation of the group itself, but their history is long and quite tangled. Time has shown that the business practices of Joe and Sylvia Robinson at All Platinum were sometimes quite creative (to say the least), so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he may have actually sung on some of the Moments tracks.

I've never heard any of Tommy Keith's Vibration material, but if it is him on the Wand 45 he had a more than competent voice. I really love "Not Now But Later", the midtempo side on Wand and was gobsmacked when told how rare it actually is.

On a side note I'd be really grateful if someone could post the long-deleted Moments CD-only track "Sleep Won't Come" in refosoul. I'm sure it's just relative unfamiliarity which has held this track back from being a total monster on the allnighter scene. As far as feel-good 70s dancers with instant hooks go it's of the same calibre as classics such as "Nine Times": a magnificent record basically.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

He wrote and produced "Nine Times" Pete, among many other of the Moments greatest, er, moments.

Don't think he was ever actually in any incarnation of the group itself, but their history is long and quite tangled. Time has shown that the business practices of Joe and Sylvia Robinson at All Platinum were sometimes quite creative (to say the least), so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he may have actually sung on some of the Moments tracks.

I've never heard any of Tommy Keith's Vibration material, but if it is him on the Wand 45 he had a more than competent voice. I really love "Not Now But Later", the midtempo side on Wand and was gobsmacked when told how rare it actually is.

On a side note I'd be really grateful if someone could post the long-deleted Moments CD-only track "Sleep Won't Come" in refosoul. I'm sure it's just relative unfamiliarity which has held this track back from being a total monster on the allnighter scene. As far as feel-good 70s dancers with instant hooks go it's of the same calibre as classics such as "Nine Times": a magnificent record basically.

His 'Loving you comes easy' on Vibration is a fabulous early 70's crossover dancer - well recommended thumbsup.gif

'I agree 100% on 'Sleep won't come' thumbsup.gif Totally brilliant unreleased 70's dancer as good as 'nine times/i got the need/just having your love etc' a potentially monsterous record!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert