Jackie Wilson - A Lovely Way To Die 45

Dave Pinch

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete Lyster on here had a Japanese Coral Issue( maroon) ive seen and heard him play it!!

Unless thats the one on Johns site whistling Pete???!!!! :ohmy:

Very hard on 45

Personally i think rarity out weighhs quality on this,,, id sooner have " ive lost you" for a Tenner lol:yes::laugh:

Nige b

and quite a few of his other tracks as all:thumbup:

Social source share

Pete Lyster on here had a Japanese Coral Issue( maroon) ive seen and heard him play it!!

Unless thats the one on Johns site whistling.gif Pete???!!!! ohmy.gif

Very hard on 45

Personally i think rarity out weighhs quality on this,,, id sooner have " ive lost you" for a Tenner lol:yes: laugh.gif

Nige b

Pete got that Japanese one from me and it didn't have a picture sleeve, the one on Johns auction is French and complete with rather nice pic sleeve so it's not Pete's on auction.......of course I could have saved a bit of typing and just said the one John has is mine, which it is!

Seriously hard 45 to find :lol:

Social source share

Unless thats the one on Johns site whistling.gif Pete???!!!! ohmy.gif

Very hard on 45

Personally i think rarity out weighhs quality on this,,, id sooner have " ive lost you" for a Tenner lolyes.giflaugh.gif

Nige b

hi Nige ,

correct, and it's still in the collection at the minute, but def files under ' potential swap '

b.t.w., its got a royal blue label [ with silver lettering ] ; so I'm wondering what you're thinking of as maroon ?

hope all is well

pete

Edited by ricticman
Social source share

hi Nige ,

correct, and it's still in the collection at the minute, but def files under ' potential swap '

b.t.w., its got a royal blue label [ with silver lettering ] ; so I'm wondering what you're thinking of as maroon ?

hope all is well

pete

I put it down to shite gear!whistling.gif

Royal Blue is the NEW Maroon anyway!!

wicked.gif

All is well see you guys soon

Nige

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

sorry dave but it should be renamed,"a lovely way to make your ears die" i love anything by the late great jackie wilson but again imo he lost the plot on this one,must have been for the $$$ only its dire,unsure.gifph34r.gif

Have to disagree with you there..........i love it.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yes Ted, JW's "What A Lovely Way" on Brunswick for starters!

thumbup.gif

Sean

Now we are talking, tell you what Sean, that record sits up there with 'More love', another truly beautiful midtempo classic, the production quality all round is almost unsurpassable. Played it this morning actually and never tire of it's beauty!thumbsup.gif Have never heard it out though, more's the pity.

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

ANYBODY GOT A COPY THEY`D PART WITH. I KNOW JOHN MANSHIP HAS ONE BUT I THOUGHT ID ASK FELLOW SOURCERS FIRST. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Just stuck a scan of my French picture sleeve on the soul source gallery for those that are interested. Mines on mint blue coral label. Sorry not for sale. I picked mine up in Paris for a couple of Euros with a load of other French eps, but this was best fine. One of those jammy ones.

Social source share

Just be sincerethumbsup.gif one of the best

Ooooh...have to agree with you there Ted! I bought a Jackie Wilson poster at Ron's Records in New Orleans about 16 years ago which I managed to get back to Shrewsbury in one piece!

My then girlfriend framed it for me for my birthday and it has hung over my mantlepiece ever since! Still the best soul vocalist of alll time IMHO! :thumbup:

Social source share

Ooooh...have to agree with you there Ted! I bought a Jackie Wilson poster at Ron's Records in New Orleans about 16 years ago which I managed to get back to Shrewsbury in one piece!

My then girlfriend framed it for me for my birthday and it has hung over my mantlepiece ever since! Still the best soul vocalist of alll time IMHO! :thumbup:

theres only half a clip in refosoul will have to remedy that tomorrowthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Numero uno, without a doubt. For range, tone, technique, breadth of his catalogue. A truly astonishing body of work and styles.thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Now we are talking, tell you what Sean, that record sits up there with 'More love', another truly beautiful midtempo classic, the production quality all round is almost unsurpassable. Played it this morning actually and never tire of it's beauty!:unsure: Have never heard it out though, more's the pity.

Thank you.

I've played it out and mentioned it on here a few times over the years... and only had blank looks in return. :D

Tis a lovely tune and, surprisingly, not well known or recognised.

Another Jackie Wilson sleeping Giant!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Amazing cut, Jackie at his best. Reason it never really got picked up on the UK scene is all the copies were snapped up years ago by the Spanish, Italian and French mod collectors, that's how I first heard it courtesy of Edu in Barcelona way back, got a nice mint copy right after that. It was only released in a limited run in France as Kirk Douglas, who was massive in France then, similar to their worship of Jerry Lewis and Mickey Rourke, funny that, agreed to fly over to Paris for the movie's premier there so they put it out to specially mark the event. Have never head the full BO (Bande Originale) lp, very intrigued to hear the Marge Dodson cut if anyone has any insight on that!??

Social source share

Source Advert