Chuck Ray - I Dont Mind - Tamboo

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

red and black is the typical label. ive never seen a blue one. wouldnt have thought it was a boot or reissue just another different colour paper they used. heard rumours about a yellow label but havent seen that either. £200 of anybodies money imvho

dave

i have it on the cream colored label. i haven't seen blue, it could be a poor scan of the black?

Social source share

i have it on the cream colored label. i haven't seen blue, it could be a poor scan of the black?

i misread your post, you said "red and black" as one label (I haven't seen a black label either, just the red and cream). So I don't think there's a blue or a black label.

Social source share

Me too. You managed to get one yet Val?

No and to be honest I'm not that bothered any more tongue.gif .......been after it for more years than I care to remember but I think if I bought it now I would never play it.

It's a great record but the price it commands now if I bought it I would feel duped......I'll just be content hearing it played out.

Social source share

...and the red one: good.gif

Note the publishers names are slightly different...as is the running time :ohmy:

Red = 2:47

Cream = 2:35

I've clocked the red one and sure enough it is 'only' 2:35 as well. We all know that record companies used to 'shorten' the playing time on the labels, in order not to scare a radio DJ from scheduling it (anything over 2:30 was considered too long), so maybe the cream coloured one is the promo...it also has an 'A' down by the catalogue number.

Alternatively the red one is the initial press and they then realised they should 'shorten' it, so tried again with the cream one?

By the way the red one has 171267 scratched in the dead wax...December 17th 1967?

:ohmy:

post-9555-12593739483193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

No and to be honest I'm not that bothered any more tongue.gif .......been after it for more years than I care to remember but I think if I bought it now I would never play it.

It's a great record but the price it commands now if I bought it I would feel duped......I'll just be content hearing it played out.

"Duped"...........If you want quality soul mate ...you gotta pay the price....tongue.gif

Easily 300 quid+ in today's record world, and $1,000,000's in quality terms...thumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert