Contours - Baby Hit And Run

Dennisoul

Guest brivinyl

This group stopped recording in 1967, and 'baby hit and run' as well as their Temp's version of 'it's growing' were only issued in the UK on 45 on the Tamla Motown label in 1974. Both are on the mfp lp.

I didn't know It's growing was available on 45, I've always thought it was only available on the MFP LP Baby Hit and Run. Can you provide release details please.

Social source share

I didn't know It's growing was available on 45, I've always thought it was only available on the MFP LP Baby Hit and Run. Can you provide release details please.

Sorry mate, cant help you with the TM issue number (album collector only), but on the back of the lp sleave is written...."this album includes two track's never previously unissued on an album - 'baby hit and run'.. and their version of the Temptations 1965 hit 'it's growing' .. these cut's were issued in Britain as a Tamla Motown single early in 1974" (condensed). Maybe someone else on here could help.

Edited by Soulgrit
Social source share

Guest brivinyl

I've got the single on a list today for 8 quid

Pete, are you talking about 'IT'S GROWING', I've never seen this on a single. Please give me details and if it's in excellent condition I'll take it off your hands.

Social source share

Guest brivinyl

Sorry mate, cant help you with the TM issue number (album collector only), but on the back of the lp sleave is written...."this album includes two track's never previously unissued on an album - 'baby hit and run'.. and their version of the Temptations 1965 hit 'it's growing' .. these cut's were issued in Britain as a Tamla Motown single early in 1974" (condensed). Maybe someone else on here could help.

The only Tamla Motown single I know is TMG 886 - BABY HIT AND RUN/CAN YOU JERK LIKE ME.

Social source share

Thanks Paup ! thumbsup.gif

Too bad it looks so cheap ! I like the UK LP's when they have a different and nice cover, like "Take two" or "The Jimmy Ruffin way", I think I'll do without this one.

They all looked cheap! They were a budget series and I did buy it in a Cash n' Carry after all, not where you would expect to find records!

P:smile:

Social source share

This group stopped recording in 1967, and 'baby hit and run' as well as their Temp's version of 'it's growing' were only issued in the UK on 45 on the Tamla Motown label in 1974. Both are on the mfp lp.

just a random note, a reformed contours with dennis edwards did record a good modern record "I'm a winner" in 1979 released on two labels...

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Thanks Paup ! thumbsup.gif

Too bad it looks so cheap ! I like the UK LP's when they have a different and nice cover, like "Take two" or "The Jimmy Ruffin way", I think I'll do without this one.

Are you aware that there is a UK R.Dean Taylor L.P on 'Sounds Superb' (MFP related) that has a slightly different version of 'Ghost In My House' on it? Just saying because I have a mint one for sale for a cheap as chips fiver :wink:  

Social source share

Are you aware that there is a UK R.Dean Taylor L.P on 'Sounds Superb' (MFP related) that has a slightly different version of 'Ghost In My House' on it? Just saying because I have a mint one for sale for a cheap as chips fiver :wink:  

That's where most people played it from when it was first discovered.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

No Soul-Slider, I didn't know this. I love my Motown but I can do without R.Dean Taylor. :wink:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

There's the album on Ebay right now at a knock-down price of £1.95. Well worth getting got some great tracks including their version of "It's growing".

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-CONTOURS-BABY-HIT-AND-RUN-EX-/121264370648?pt=UK_Records&hash=item1c3beb73d8

Not my sale just wanted to give anybody a heads up. Besides this is "the" original version/release if you will. If anybody on

SS does bid and buy this give me a shout  :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!