Is This Modern Soul Tune Known?

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

a friend of mine wants to sell the attached 12", which i think is really great

he wants to know whether it has ever been played on the (northern) modern soul scene

does anyone know it?

thanks for looking, any info will be gratefully received :thumbsup:

*soundclip is now in 5th post*

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

errrr

why the mp3 ?

been said loads of times no mp3s attachments

yeah........ sorry mike - i didn't mean to do that, i thought that i was attaching it as a refosoul post

what should i have done?

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

a friend of mine wants to sell the attached 12", which i think is really great

he wants to know whether it has ever been played on the (northern) modern soul scene

does anyone know it?

thanks for looking, any info will be gratefully received thumbsup.gif

Hope you are able to post a clip - but what is wrong with detailing us with the artist, title and the label, if that is not to much to ask, should you wish too.

Social source share

Got it!! Its Jean Adebambo - Say That You Love Me.

I have this on her Feelings album from 1983.

Jean is better known for her Lovers Rock recordings but she stretched into slightly more soulful territory for her album which is excellent throughout.....to say the least.

Wouldn't have thought it would be a big money tune which isn't to dispute its quality - I'll certainly buy it just to have it on a 12......providing the price is right!!!!!

Cheers

Steve.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Hope you are able to post a clip - but what is wrong with detailing us with the artist, title and the label, if that is not to much to ask, should you wish too.

hopefully steve is going to tell us :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Jean is better known for her Lovers Rock recordings but she stretched into slightly more soulful territory for her album which is excellent throughout.....to say the least.

Wouldn't have thought it would be a big money tune which isn't to dispute its quality - I'll certainly buy it just to have it on a 12......providing the price is right!!!!!

Cheers

Steve.

wow...that was quick steve

what label is it on, and are there any other good tracks you could post on here?

Social source share

Her big tune was Paradise, a classic Lovers Rock 12.

I don't think I've ever really heard anything bad by her - just one of those artists who cut a few nice things every now and again but never hit the big-time.

Steve.

Jean had a beautiful voice, the tragedy being she took her life earlier this year. She had not recorded for years and was being persuaded to get back into the business.

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Just found a copy,i believe there`s 2 pressings of this on 12" both on same label ade-j.I can`t remember what came out first the Blue/white label or the yellow.If anyone knows please let us know.I remember reading somewhere on here about it but can`t find it.

Social source share

I have also on his LP "feelings", the 12" its a quite rare and expensive, seen it on a disco sales list at 100/150 .

Cheers!!

Cheers

Steve.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert