Jimmy Thomas

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Appreciate help in trying to acquire this long time want, I'm after an original on UK Parlophone. Prefer the green demo but issue would be just fine.

Ready to pay going rate immediately.

Cheers............Petewink.gif

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Appreciate help in trying to acquire this long time want, I'm after an original on UK Parlophone. Prefer the green demo but issue would be just fine.

Cheers............Petewink.gif

===========================================================================

What is the going rate for a demo of this Pete its a 45 you dont see much these days !

X Ian C

Social source share

Pete,

Pretty sure I found one of the first stock copies of this years ago. (Traded at that nice man in Melton Mobray's place along with Spinners - Green Columbia stock Issue (also extremely hard)and Demo)I've had one other since then. It's a rare 'un for sure on stock copy. Demo is ten times easier Mate. As for pricing I'm lagging a bit on UK prices but would have thought 150/200 for a demo. Stocker...maybe 300 or higher?

Social source share

Pete,

Pretty sure I found one of the first stock copies of this years ago. (Traded at that nice man in Melton Mobray's place along with Spinners - Green Columbia stock Issue (also extremely hard)and Demo)I've had one other since then. It's a rare 'un for sure on stock copy. Demo is ten times easier Mate. As for pricing I'm lagging a bit on UK prices but would have thought 150/200 for a demo. Stocker...maybe 300 or higher?

====================================================================================

Well Dave i bought my demo 7 yrs ago and paid 350 for it if anyone has another they are willing to let go for the prices your quotin

mate i,m sure there will be plenty takers:laugh:

Social source share

Cheers............Pete:wink:

Hi Pete

when you get fed up with your Larry Clinton and Lillie Bryant, let me know and maybe we can do a dealwhistling

Hope you and Maxine are both well.

Julian ( & Carolyn)

Social source share

====================================================================================

Well Dave i bought my demo 7 yrs ago and paid 350 for it if anyone has another they are willing to let go for the prices your quotin

mate i,m sure there will be plenty takerslaugh.gif

The yerv more money than sense Mate! :lol::shades:

No...like I said I'm a little behind the curve with the prices of UK stuff now. What you reckon that would make the stockers worth then? Last stocker I had came from Vinyl Solution around 85. Paid 15 sqidleys for it. Eeee! Them were t'days eh Ian? :shades::D

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Hi Pete

when you get fed up with your Larry Clinton and Lillie Bryant, let me know and maybe we can do a dealwhistling.gif

Hope you and Maxine are both well.

Julian ( & Carolyn)

Throw in yer Jim Gilstrap, Lou Pride & Jesse Davis & we might be talkingno.gif

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

mate i,m sure there will be plenty takerslaugh.gif

I agree completely with Dave, 125-150 for a demo though less clued up people would probably pay more :lol:

easy 250 - 300 for an issue.

Social source share

I agree completely with Dave, 125-150 for a demo though less clued up people would probably pay more :lol:

easy 250 - 300 for an issue.

=============================================================================

OK Pete next time you get one i,ll have it ( demo ) thumbsup.gif

Thats if PF has,nt got a copy by thenlaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Soul Source to the rescue again, got an extremely clean looking demo on the waythumbsup.gif

It's one of them that's been just about on the radar for ages now but then, as is usually the case, I was on the floor at a nighter (last Stoke) when it blasted out at full throttle. It was suddenly elevated to urgent status:laugh: .

Cheers

Happy Pete

Social source share

Soul Source to the rescue again, got an extremely clean looking demo on the waythumbsup.gif

It's one of them that's been just about on the radar for ages now but then, as is usually the case, I was on the floor at a nighter (last Stoke) when it blasted out at full throttle. It was suddenly elevated to urgent status:laugh: .

Cheers

Happy Pete

===================================================

Fab flip side Pete..Above a Whisper great

Social source share

boxing.gifHi all UK issued Soul Hounds "I bet Pe Pete'S is thinking I know Dave will post on this record", To me this is one of the finest UK rarities, has a great pedigree (TORCH PLAY) + there is a early Bootleg of this, however it is not rare?. My last 2 copies were local (Wolves) and a few years back, 1st was a Green & White Demo that I got from John & Malc (the Talc) shop £25 sold it to Mick £30 the same week, and the 2ND come from Pete S completely out of the blue this is the copy on show a small label tare and after a bit of cleaning up (not skimming up) it is very healthy ex - thumbup.gifAs to value it has 2 selling points 1. it was withdrawn on the same day it was meant to come out? thus making the Stock copy extremely rare 2,. It is a UK record with no US pressing any record with this history makes for a must have, I noticed Mick Has 2 other UK must haves on his EBay sales? as I have never owned a Mint Issue, I would say it would be over the £500 mark easy, I would not sell my copy until I had a better copy but I would not consider any thing under £350 and Even that sound low, as it is rarer than Bauk to Bach MGM Issue and that must be a £300 record now?? ph34r.gif DAVE (MORE THAN SKIN DEEP)KIL.

post-13241-12591096495919_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Believe me Jimmy T is avery hard 45 to locate when it first started getting plays around early 72 i tried to get a copy no luck whatsoever tried every shop i knew impossible that why T . Banks ( TB Boot ) knocked it up

for the Torch crowd when he brought the boots to the Torch to sell they went mad tryin to buy it off him has he stood on the front of the stage sellin them...

Like its been mentioned the 45 was withdrawn making this UK only 45 very very hard to find on issue

regarding the Demo how many do you think where put out around the uk ? Its a hard demo to find in nice condition How many do you see for sale ??? How many have been listed on the Auction sites not many i bet

also over the last 30 odd years ive looked thro thousands of sales boxes at niters / soul nites around the UK

and in that time ive only seen around half dozen copys for sale from memory yip in my opinion a hard 45 on demo and very hard on issue.. !!!

Social source share

Love a happy ending....Had one myself yesterday too. Nice one Pete.

================================================================

Moore n Fowler( Brits abroad )two for the price of one can just see u both standing on top of a big flash americian car

holdin up two TB Copys of Beautiful Neetthumbup.giflaugh.gif

Edited by IANCSLOFT
Social source share

================================================================

Moore n Fowler( Brits abroad )two for the price of one can just see u both standing on top of a big flash americian car

holdin up two TB Copys of Beautiful Neetthumbup.giflaugh.gif

:lol: Now there's a thought for a Christmas Card Ian! :lol:

My 'result' was not a TB though Ian but a rather special slice of the Pied Piper legacy.

Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

Believe me Jimmy T is avery hard 45 to locate when it first started getting plays around early 72 i tried to get a copy no luck whatsoever tried every shop i knew impossible that why T . Banks ( TB Boot ) knocked it up

unsure.giffor the Torch crowd when he brought the boots to the Torch to sell they went mad tryin to buy it off him has he stood on the front of the stage sellin them...

Like its been mentioned the 45 was withdrawn making this UK only 45 very very hard to find on issue

regarding the Demo how many do you think where put out around the uk ? Its a hard demo to find in nice condition How many do you see for sale ??? How many have been listed on the Auction sites not many i bet

also over the last 30 odd years ive looked thro thousands of sales boxes at niters / soul nites around the UK

and in that time ive only seen around half dozen copys for sale from memory yip in my opinion a hard 45 on demo and very hard on issue.. !!!

hey up mate hows it going?

remember that well. I ,like a lot of folks, were not aware at the time--about its withdrawal from the market. Very strange though--at that time from the Torch, I bought a green and white one and there were 2 other demos I noticed on the same night!!!!!!unsure.gif

Think I paid £15 at the time--but left in the morning thinking---Is it really all that rare cos I've just seen 3 demos in one night g.gif

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

for the Torch crowd when he brought the boots to the Torch to sell they went mad tryin to buy it off him has he stood on the front of the stage sellin them...

Here's that (TB Boot)

TB_Super_Soul_TB-101.gif

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Ey up Ian....Im lucky to have both a Palophone Issue & Demo on the shelf....they both sound the same but I find it difficult to part with either...same for B Sheen, A Patton & several others!! Sad eh?

DF

Social source share

Ey up Ian....Im lucky to have both a Palophone Issue & Demo on the shelf....they both sound the same but I find it difficult to part with either...same for B Sheen, A Patton & several others!! Sad eh?

DF

============================================================================================

Its ar reet fur u rich folk like u n Julian Bentley us poor folk have ta sell tu eatangry.gifsad.gifunsure.gifthumbsup.giftongue.gif

Social source share

Source Advert