Marvin Holmes And Justice

Garswood

picked up a copy of "you better keep her" , styrene, but its got an annoying slight hiss in background, is this common for this issue or is it a boot and is there anyway of removing it, i,ve been told that a weak Ispropyl Alcohol solution might help in reducing the noise...thanks in advance...philthumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

picked up a copy of "you better keep her" , styrene, but its got an annoying slight hiss in background, is this common for this issue or is it a boot and is there anyway of removing it, i,ve been told that a weak Ispropyl Alcohol solution might help in reducing the noise...thanks in advance...philthumbsup.gif

It was issued on both vinyl and styrene, and also booted on styrene. If I remember correctly the styrene boot has a lighter shaded label, which is usually creased through poor manufacture.

I know this is not much help for your existing copy, but you're guaranteed an original copy with significantly beter playing quality if you aim for vinyl. Most styrene 45s end up with needle burn over time.

Social source share

I didn't know there were styrene originals

I remember the vinyl copies being played mid 70's and then the styrene copies appeared selling for about £1 each - every styrene copy I heard had poor sound quality so I assumed all the styrene ones were re-issues

Social source share

All the sevens are a bit "muddy" in the mix.

Should try to get the album. Quite hard on Brown Door original but it did get a re-issue on Kon-Kord. The album mix is longer & the sound quality is far superior to the single

Edited by epic
Social source share

All the sevens are a bit "muddy" in the mix.

Should try to get the album. Quite hard on Brown Door original but it did get a re-issue on Kon-Kord. The album mix is longer & the sound quality is far superior to the single

+ 1 album mix is definitley superior and in stereo my mate Colin Dilnott unearthed it years ago

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert