Reachers On Magic Disk

Guest stromberg

Guest stromberg

after my record box was stolen a few weeks ago, I have started to buy some stuff back. Among the records I really want back is the Reachers "I just want to do my own thing" on Magic Disk.

My copy was signed by the lead singer Johnny Wyatt, but I am not expecting that, a nice copy will do.

thanks in advance!

Stefan

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stromberg

Did anyone see a copy about 8 months ago that appeared on Manships for a day on auction then disappeared? Anyone know the story there?

i think it said something like: "not in the condition to auction" as an info text a day later or so, maybe it suffered from styrene hissing and he only found out when he played it?!

Social source share

Guest stromberg

'these used to be 25 quid from JM not too long ago !!! '

actually how long ago was that out of interest?

would like to know that, too. I can't imagine that this was an easily available record for 25 pound in the last decade or so, but I am the first to be corrected.

Sorted now, btw

Social source share

henry atkinson had one in his box for ages about 5 years ago for £40. i kept lookin at it and thought i`ll get that one day. then jm put it on auction and lo and behold . henry then sold his copy. around the same time geordie johnson got one from errol smoov for the same price. i dont think its every been a common record tho

dave

Social source share

would like to know that, too. I can't imagine that this was an easily available record for 25 pound in the last decade or so, but I am the first to be corrected.

Sorted now, btw

Certainly would have been £25 or under a decade ago.......i'd have seen and sold copies at around 1998 to 2004 when I was at Crazy Beat......this really started to rise in value after that time. I think the last copy I had I sold for around £30 - and that would have been about 2005.....my own copy came out of a collection I bought and would have cost me about £2 I think !!!

Hope you get some of those records back Stefan......a sorry situation for you......

Cheers Gareth

Social source share

'these used to be 25 quid from JM not too long ago !!! '

actually how long ago was that out of interest?

it was 7 years ago 2002 when manship had these for £25 Errol green got his then,

i bought errols in back end 2003 for £45, in 2004 it went on manships auction for £280

its quite an elusive tune I remember manship putting on the auction that apart from the handful he sold in 2002 he hadn't come across another till 2004 auction.

Hope you get a good un :good:

geeoooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Certainly would have been £25 or under a decade ago.......i'd have seen and sold copies at around 1998 to 2004 when I was at Crazy Beat......this really started to rise in value after that time. I think the last copy I had I sold for around £30 - and that would have been about 2005.....my own copy came out of a collection I bought and would have cost me about £2 I think !!!

Hope you get some of those records back Stefan......a sorry situation for you......

Cheers Gareth

what led me to believe that it's rare record is that you very rarely see it on american ebay, in fact I can't recall seeing a copy except the one I bought maybe two years ago.

Maybe there was a small amount of copies in the UK and that's it?

Always interesting to find out about background info on the availability of records a while agothumbsup.gif

Social source share

thats true that stefan. theres only two on popsike @ £3/400. a uk dealer, maybe soulbowl must have found a batch in the 70/80/s. to be honest id never heard of it until kev roberts played it on stuart maconie all singing all dancing whenever that was and was faced with a couple of copies cheap in the 12 month period after thinking i will get round to picking one up but at that time i never did. then manny auctioned one and then...................................

dave

Social source share

Source Advert