Need Help Please

Help wanted!

I have just remembered one of the best (in my opinion) Northern tunes ever, and I was wondering how hard it is to get hold of?

Marke (Chris) Jackson - I'll never forget you'

I know it was released on 'Jamie' records, but did it ever get copied or pressed up on any other label?

I can't imagine being able to afford, let alone find an original copy, so a booty will do fine if there were any, and it's one of those that I have never had a copy of in the 30 odd years of collecting

WHAT A STUNNING TRACK :thumbup:

Thank you.

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Help wanted!

I have just remembered one of the best (in my opinion) Northern tunes ever, and I was wondering how hard it is to get hold of?

Marke (Chris) Jackson - I'll never forget you'

I know it was released on 'Jamie' records, but did it ever get copied or pressed up on any other label?

I can't imagine being able to afford, let alone find an original copy, so a booty will do fine if there were any, and it's one of those that I have never had a copy of in the 30 odd years of collecting

WHAT A STUNNING TRACK thumbup.gif

Thank you.

There's a Jamie 2nd issue on Manship's for £20.... but a 1st issue is not much more, or shouldn't be....

Social source share

Came out on UK Soul City as Chris jackson.

Worth £20 but people sell it for £50.

Grating falsetto g.gif

Yeah, this always got the back of my neck going as well, Pete. Grating indeed, that old ' each to their own taste' thing again!yes.gif

Social source share

Interesting career, Chris Marke Jackson.

He lived in the UK for a while, during the Soul City (label & shop) years and recorded a coupe of things for Dave Godin's ill fated 444 label (you may have seen the recent Manship auction for an unreleased acetate) but after a bust up with one of the Soul City guys he was shown the door.

Having been affected by his 'Northern Soul Scene' success, he returned to the US and went on to have a massive writing hit for the Tymes... with "You Little Trustmaker".

Sean

Social source share

Guest Perception

There's a Jamie 2nd issue on Manship's for £20.... but a 1st issue is not much more, or shouldn't be....

Or should be in my opinion! Both sides are great, proper old school Northern Soul, they don't come much better than this!!!

Social source share

Guest Perception

Came out on UK Soul City as Chris jackson.

Worth £20 but people sell it for £50.

Grating falsetto :g:

Both sides are great ! Classic Northern Soul!

Edited by Perception
Social source share

Interesting career, Chris Marke Jackson.

Having been affected by his 'Northern Soul Scene' success, he returned to the US and went on to have a massive writing hit for the Tymes... with "You Little Trustmaker".

Sean

Eh?

I always thought that was Billy Jackson? Of Franky Beverly, Yvonne Baker etc fame. In fact I'm pretty sure it is. You sure that was Chris Jackon Sean?

Social source share

Eh?

I always thought that was Billy Jackson? Of Franky Beverly, Yvonne Baker etc fame. In fact I'm pretty sure it is. You sure that was Chris Jackon Sean?

dave! "You Little Trustmaker" was indeed penned by Chris Jackson! as was the much better "Someway Somehow I'm Keeping You"! they was both produced by Billy Jackson thu!

steve

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Play this regularly at home when the mood takes, brilliant tune this. Deserves to be revived big time, as the tempo and style is just right for today.

Social source share

Guest veep1296

The UK Soul City release has a different flip to the US Jamie "Forever Ill Stay With You"

One of the unreleased 444 releases is "Since Theres No Doubt" which has the same backing track as Total Eclipse on Right On " You Took Our Heart..." ..if my fading memory serves me correctly.

DF

Social source share

I find it hard to understand how anyone who's into Northern, could NOT like this track. I think it is very close to epitome of the Northern Soul sound. I'd love to hear an instumental of it, has the backing been used in anything else?

The best

Easy, some people dom't like squeaky voiced falsetto singers, simple as that!

You love it, that's fine, I can't find anything in that takes it above very average and if I never heard it again it wouldn't upset me.

It's called personal choice and we're all allowed one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert