• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i've had this for a long time, only seen it for sale once or twice

Hi Bob

If i was a betting man ..i'd have put my wages on you having one ..and then coming on here to let me knowyes.gif

It's a nice sound ,that's growing on me after each play smile.gif

Social source share

I like it but perhaps the lead is just on the wrong side of "wimpy" although the backing vocals do save it.

It's also a long way away from that track Wrighty posted which seemed to be accepted as a good allnighter record on here.

Personally I think this is a 1000 times better. I'd keep it and I'd play it my mates but whether it would go in a club and garner a following Im not sure.

ROD

Social source share

was this off ebay the other day nev?

Yep ..it came from Kev Cox's ebay auctionsyes.gif

I like a varied style ,and this fits into that early 60's soul harmony with a bit doo woppy feel ..was worth a punt cos i'd never seen or heard it before and apart from the label discog ,there's nothing else listed about it anywhere ???

Nothing on popsike either so ,obviously pretty much unknown ...except Boba of course...but you've gotta get up early to beat Bob wicked.gif

Anyways i played it to my good friends at the 117 club in Bishop Auckland, last night, and it went down wellthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yep ..it came from Kev Cox's ebay auctionsyes.gif

I like a varied style ,and this fits into that early 60's soul harmony with a bit doo woppy feel ..was worth a punt cos i'd never seen or heard it before and apart from the label discog ,there's nothing else listed about it anywhere ???

Nothing on popsike either so ,obviously pretty much unknown ...except Boba of course...but you've gotta get up early to beat Bob wicked.gif

Anyways i played it to my good friends at the 117 club in Bishop Auckland, last night, and it went down wellthumbsup.gif

i got it from a discoveries auction like 10 years ago, i think i saw it on ebay once before but I'm not 100% sure, it may not have been on ebay before.

Social source share

• 4 years later...
Was just posting some stuff up on my facebook page tonight on Scotty Todd, and also came across this archaic thread. Just for historical completion's sake, I can add that Scotty Todd (of "Cry with me baby" / "Aint no big thing") was vocalist on Two timin' lover. 
Edited by Windlesoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert