Major Lance

Ian Parker

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

many yrs ago i had a 7" Stax Single by Major Lance.... buggered if i remember the title rolleyes.gifunsure.gif

first line goes like this :

"late again for work today, but i dont care no more, the boss is gonna dock my pay, like he did the week before"

anyone ?

Hmmm lyrics like like that sound like the story of my life!yes.gif

seriously! think it flip ov "I Wanna make Up" on volt, sure i got it on volt, guess stax was the uk issue?

steve

Social source share

You're right, definitely "Thats the story of my life", don't know if it was a UK only single but I;ve got it on British Stax. Was also on that Stax Northern Soul album compiled by ian D.

Yep me too, got it on UK Stax, both sides great. Ace little cheapie ! He had about three on Volt and not seen this on a US release. Anyone?

Mark.

Social source share

I wanna make up before i break up happy memories of that tune, when Major Lance appeared at Wigan Cas one Friday nite

pre the Alniter days , he asked if have we got any northern soul fans here anyone go to the Torch i shouted out top of my voice yeh blimey he said come on stage brother bollocks i thought no way i,m off my head on filion Billy Mac, Terry Hastings and several

more Wigginers picked me up and threw me on stage i had the horrors ,he got this girl on stage and wanted us to dance she was up for it i was,nt he said this is my new 45 out in the shops and started to sing I wanna make up Jesus my feet where movin

like the clappers i was dancin 100 mph + he said to me slow down brother he he i did to 90mph god that was mad Major never forgot that nite and mentioned it everytime we met up over the yearsunsure.gif

xx Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

I can't find all 3 volt singles with the flipsides though

Bob,

Although cheapies the issue of Ain't No Sweat took a while for me to get.

John thumbsup.gif

The three singles courtesy of Mr Rimmer's Site

Volt 4069 - Girl Come On Home / Since I Lost My Baby's Love - 1971

Volt 4079 - I Wanna Make Up / That's The Story Of My Life - 1972

Volt 4085 - Ain't No Sweat / Since I Lost My Baby's Love - 1972

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Bob,

Although cheapies the issue of Ain't No Sweat took a while for me to get.

John thumbsup.gif

The three singles courtesy of Mr Rimmer's Site

Volt 4069 - Girl Come On Home / Since I Lost My Baby's Love - 1971

Volt 4079 - I Wanna Make Up / That's The Story Of My Life - 1972

Volt 4085 - Ain't No Sweat / Since I Lost My Baby's Love - 1972

a ha! thanks for that, since i lost my babys love is ace, i know know what i,m looking for, how much do you reckon?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert