Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

Just the three,please,coz l can't think of anymore!! thumbup.gif

Keeps On Burning-Burning Bush

You Don't Mean It-Towanda Barnes

Tears-Leroye

Love the top 2,the last one is shite!! IMO! thumbsup.gif

They go out of tune? unsure.gif Can't say i've ever noticed, which is probably why i can't mention another three. Personally i like messy productions. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

They go out of tune? unsure.gif Can't say i've ever noticed, which is probably why i can't mention another three. Personally i like messy productions. thumbsup.gif

herbert hunter -born to love you (absolute crap by the way )

james brown - love you for sentimal reasons (music out of tune for first 10 secs then mr brown delivers sublime version of this much covered song

awesome!!

danny williams -on music energy sounds totally out all the way through......yak!!

Social source share

The piano break on the moovers one little dance

Yes your quite right Mr Soulsalmon and heres a few more,

1 Carlena Weaver -Jealously -Audel Records. The trumpet break has a miss-note, as does Little Ritchie -Just Another Heartache also in the break. If you listen to the The 4 Tops -Just Ask The Lonely - on Levis second verse his voice drops on one word (oh it makes it sound so much better) and iv'e just noticed that all three of my examples the song title begins with the letter J Regards to Soulsalmon and all.

Social source share

herbert hunter -born to love you (absolute crap by the way )

james brown - love you for sentimal reasons (music out of tune for first 10 secs then mr brown delivers sublime version of this much covered song

awesome!!

danny williams -on music energy sounds totally out all the way through......yak!!

HERBERT HUNTER? Bloody majestic record, strange how tastes differ!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

That looooooow note on 'Pyramid' ....

The Flairs are a bit tuneless (but kind of works)....

Paul Sindab (can't reach the high notes on I was a fool)

Othello Robinson (painful)

Jackie Beavers (Come back my love - again kind of works!)

.......And a thousand girlie tunes.

Mark.

JACKIE BEAVERS 'Come back my love' - Kind of works???

Bloody masterpiece in my book!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

GENE DOZIER - You're the best girl (I've ever had)

Lovely midtempo 70s but he not only goes out of tune but seems to forget the words at one little moment in the 2nd verse!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

JACKIE BEAVERS 'Come back my love' - Kind of works???

Bloody masterpiece in my book!thumbsup.gif

I love this as well but the first time you hear it you wonder where it's going with that chorus because there is no way she's going to be able to hit that note, but she does - after a fashion - it's got a nieve charm about it, wonderful record

Social source share

Does any one remember "Marching" by Camp where they're all talking at the beginning....What a bag of sh*te that was!! :thumbup:

No what you're hearing is the backing track of a vocal by Val Simpson, they seem to have tried to remove all of the vocal track but you can still hear an echo of her lead vocal and some of the backing vocals, if you ever get to hear the vocal, you'll see what I mean

Social source share

So Valerie Simpson of writing and singing fame,with Nick Ashford is involved with this mess?? thumbsup.gif

It's on one of my podcasts mate

https://planetrecords.podbean.com/2009/07/05/more-rare-soul-from-the-vaults/

make more sense if you hear what it should have sounded like, it seems that the only reason "The Camp" came out is because they had an A side for a single, which I think was from a film or tv show, and they needed something - anything - to put on the B side.

Social source share

another embarrassing ones, jerry fisher, on 3 speed, " i,ve got to find somebody to love",....feel like sitting him down, and giving him a glass of water...:lol:

his voice actually gives out on one note..blush.gif

Edited by Big Chris
Social source share

The vocals on -the superlatives-i still love you- are a bit wild. "still neEED. . . . ". :-) Like someone said earlier i dont think it matters though

Social source share

The 3 tunes that my wife mutters "God that's dreadful" whenever they are on......................

Sparkels....'Try Love'good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Herbert Hunter.....'I was Born to Love You'good.gifgood.gif

Little Carl Carlton....Competition ain't Nothinggood.gifgood.gif

She is also shall we say 'negative' about 'Tears' good.gifgood.gifgood.gif so there is something going on here!

Personally I love and own all four I have mentionedyes.gifyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif ......isn't one of the attractions of many Northern sounds that they carry a little imperfection and were not all produced up to Norman Whitfield standards.

Love the flaws!

dogstoat

I know what you mean, but another attraction to me is the way you get some involving people like GEORGE CLINTON, GEORGE KERR, DON DAVIS and many, many others which equal or even surpass that standard. You listen to something like 'All I need is you' by JUNE CONQUEST and the laid back perfection of CURTIS MAYFIELD encapsulates perfect femme Soul at it's very best.yes.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Clyde McPhatter - Please Give Me One More Chance

about 1.42 minutes in sounds like the turntable all of a sudden drops to 33rpm for a few secs

Social source share

Guest Mr messyhead

Always thought the profiles - take a giant step a bit sloppy but on the other hand always thought Little Anthony - better use your head on VEEP was quite tight with it's orchestration etc. etc.

Also thought it was ok listening to the toons at a niter etc because of the size of the halls and the decks etc etc. but when you listen to them on modern hi-fi's and through headphones you pick up on the backing vocals and backing instruments etc. but it doesn't prevent or distract from that "goosebump effect" the music gives when you listen to a good tune.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert