Va Va's

Barry

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just flicking threw some old B&S' from '74 and found the full page Va Va's adverts they ran.

At the bottom of the advert is the legend:

"Trendy Weddings Catered For" laugh.gif

Did anyone ever attend a Va Va's 'Trendy Wedding' function?

I think you may have the year wrong, because I'm sure Va Vas closed down in 73(northern wise!)

I did have this one printed on a T shirt a couple of years ago, as it was my first allnighter, this was from Aug 31- Sep 13 1973 issue 117. Around the time of my first visit

me2008.jpg

In the same issue, New US single release Calla 116 Jerry Williams "If You Ask Me". reissue. Also Tower Of Power "This Time It's Real"

Paul

Social source share

Just flicking threw some old B&S' from '74 and found the full page Va Va's adverts they ran.

At the bottom of the advert is the legend:

"Trendy Weddings Catered For" :laugh:

Did anyone ever attend a Va Va's 'Trendy Wedding' function?

no didn't do the weddings but did the alnighter travelling from Nott's with my mate Trev, we hitch hiked there and back, wheeeww them were the days. that would be 1973, think it closed after that. Not sure but reckon I'm the only one still playing B. J. Royal caue I haven't heard it out anywhere.

Edited by bridget
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I think you may have the year wrong, because I'm sure Va Vas closed down in 73(northern wise!)

I did have this one printed on a T shirt a couple of years ago, as it was my first allnighter, this was from Aug 31- Sep 13 1973 issue 117. Around the time of my first visit

me2008.jpg

In the same issue, New US single release Calla 116 Jerry Williams "If You Ask Me". reissue. Also Tower Of Power "This Time It's Real"

Paul

I got the year wrong, apologies.

That's the advert mate.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert