It's Right, Prices Are Decreasing

As mentioned in an earlier post, prices of Northern tunes are decreasing.

Linda Jones - Just can't live my life on UK Warners, has just sold on Ebay for £45.99,

which if i remember rightly a month or so ago was fetching around £70-75

And I have just purchased a copy of Ila Vann - You made me this way on PIP for £38,

which again, the last copy went on the bay for I think around £85.

It was a choice for me which one to go for as both auctions ended within a hour of each other,

but I plumped for Ila Vann as I think it is my favorite out of the 2.

So what do the members of the forum think about the dropping prices, or is it just coincidence?

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

• Replies 46
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest posstot

Linda Jones - Just can't live my life on UK Warners, has just sold on Ebay for £45.99,

And I have just purchased a copy of Ila Vann - You made me this way in PIP for £38,

It was a choice for me which one to go for as both auctions ended within a hour of each other,

So what do the members of the forum think about the dropping prices, or is it just coincidence?

shhh.gif ! laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest kevokeh

And I have just purchased a copy of Ila Vann - You made me this way in PIP for £38,

hi steve

yes your right, records are starting to drop in price, to be honest i am pleased as some records are way over the top, i was talking to one the scenes main dj,s he said that records will start droping in value not just of our CREDIT CRUNCH..but also on the basis VENUES WERE SUFFERING WITH NUMBERS...and a lot people were starting to tire of the big REVIVAL.

it makes me wonder, what our records will be WORTH..in 10yrs time as we are all getting older and we have very little new blood ..PUNTERS AND DJS..comming onto the scene, which is a massive shame.

taken this into account, our records are our JEWELS AND PRIDE AND JOY, no matter what price you pay they are yours to love and cherish till the day we depart from this world..ENJOY WHILE WE CAN.

KEEP IT SOULFUL

KEV

Social source share

hi steve

yes your right, records are starting to drop in price, to be honest i am pleased as some records are way over the top, i was talking to one the scenes main dj,s he said that records will start droping in value not just of our CREDIT CRUNCH..but also on the basis VENUES WERE SUFFERING WITH NUMBERS...and a lot people were starting to tire of the big REVIVAL.

it makes me wonder, what our records will be WORTH..in 10yrs time as we are all getting older and we have very little new blood ..PUNTERS AND DJS..comming onto the scene, which is a massive shame.

taken this into account, our records are our JEWELS AND PRIDE AND JOY, no matter what price you pay they are yours to love and cherish till the day we depart from this world..ENJOY WHILE WE CAN.

KEEP IT SOULFUL

KEV

100% agree with you Kev, mind you we were saying the over 30 years ago, that there was no new blood coming into the scene, but as we all know, it is still going strong today. In my opinion, the scene will live on and progress for a great many years yet. I have been pleasantly surprised as to how many young en's turn up to events and they are the us of tomorrow. I also remember doing a gig in Leeds last year and one of the DJ's was 18 years old and he was brilliant. So there's hope yet. Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

====================================================================================================

You're correct gentlemen

I have bought middle range stuff very cheaply recently (I hope!!!!!).....mellow.gif

Embers Promo VG++.....£65

Almeta Lattimore Promo M-.....£104

The trophy stuff still seems to hit top book(ish) but as for everything else, well........I don't give a shit 'cos I'm not selling any of mine anyway so I can buy all the stuff I like cheap and then 'croak it' before I realise it's worth Jack Shit!!!!!!

As my sensitive wife says, "When all of you old wankers are dead they'll be playing frisbee with this rubbish!!!!"

Sleep Well!!!wicked.gif

dogstoat

Not with mine they f**king won't, I'm having mine burried with me LOL Some twat will dig me up in a thousand years and say "'WOW! Northern Soul, this guy had class"

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Plenty don't even use ebay and plenty have stopped using ebay. It's not always the best indicator for prices.

Linda Jones hardly a scarce record is it.

Some prices are dropping or maybe just finding their right price after being over priced or rather some paying daft prices, but many records are holding their price and in plenty of cases fetching more than they are worth.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest kevokeh

Not with mine they f**king won't, I'm having mine burried with me LOL Some twat will dig me up in a thousand years and say "'WOW! Northern Soul, this guy had class"

too true steve...

i have promised my SON..every record and all my WIGAN MEMORIES,,,PHOTOS MAGS ETC..go to him,

when he lived at home we spent hours in the record room, and he used to come up with his own tunes, new modern releases and had

his small box of 60s / 70s soul.

kev

Social source share

Plenty don't even use ebay and plenty have stopped using ebay. It's not always the best indicator for prices.

Linda Jones hardly a scarce record is it.

Some prices are dropping or maybe just finding their right price after being over priced or rather some paying daft prices, but many records are holding their price and in plenty of cases fetching more than they are worth.

Yes, I never thought that Linda Jones was worth £75, as you say, hardly rare, and a UK release. I can sort of understand the Ila Vann one being worth a bit, as they seldom come onto the market, and at least it's a US release, and may I add, a top tune.
Social source share

Yes, I never thought that Linda Jones was worth £75, as you say, hardly rare, and a UK release. I can sort of understand the Ila Vann one being worth a bit, as they seldom come onto the market, and at least it's a US release, and may I add, a top tune.

think its pot luck. ive picked up two epic issues of shane martin i need you this year off usa e bay, paid £42 in march and sold it for £90, the in july got another one for £48 and got £75 for that one, you can get good stuff cheap if you do a lot of searching

Social source share

And I have just purchased a copy of Ila Vann - You made me this way on PIP for £38,

Taking the Linda Jones 45 in isolation - I had a thread on this a few months ago asking for its value. I had 4 or 5 PMs offering anything between £35 and £45 to sell an Ex copy. So, in isolation, values are up - not down yes.gif And I still have it

Social source share

Prices dropping ...The way I see it is ...still some records fetching stupid money but these are usually the tunes fast track wanna be djs are falling over them selves to own...... crazy! but also i think some people are speculating records on the pre tense that ....not worth saving money at the moment due to economic climate etc. so might as well invest in vinyl cos traditionally it dosent tend to loose much value if you buy right and just like collecting.

Good news is that loads of stuff is getting overlooked so some great bargains to be had. Which I think is healthy and if the scene does move forward this is where it could come from , years ago before all the internet etc. I brought cheap records from various lists blind , just because I liked the sound of the title or artist... ok some were shite but at least it got the old grey matter moving also like a lot of others i had the 200 single packs from soul bowl etc. again some crap but it got me and i guess hundreds of others listening and opening our ears to the music.

Linda Jones? defo in my top ten but would never imagine it being any more than £30.00 on British but there you go. wink.gif

Edited by Jem Brittin
Social source share

I agree that some "trophy" or hot in demanders seem to settle down at more realistic prices.

But looking at my recent Ebay auctions I have the feeling that record prices are decreasing generally as well.

E.g. Candace Love - Wonderful Night on Aquarius, valued at about 15-20 quid, I only got 3 quid for it. Or Little Carl Carlton-Competition aint nothing on Back Beat. Listed on Soul Source for 35 quid and I didn't even get my start price of 9.99 for it.

Social source share

I agree that some "trophy" or hot in demanders seem to settle down at more realistic prices.

But looking at my recent Ebay auctions I have the feeling that record prices are decreasing generally as well.

E.g. Candace Love - Wonderful Night on Aquarius, valued at about 15-20 quid, I only got 3 quid for it. Or Little Carl Carlton-Competition aint nothing on Back Beat. Listed on Soul Source for 35 quid and I didn't even get my start price of 9.99 for it.

The prices you get for your records as german seller on ebay (uk&us) are generally 30-50% lower. Always frustrated when i compare prices seen on popsike with my auctions. A business partner in the states which sells my stuff would be fine...g.gif

Social source share

I'd say anyone paying more than 25 quid for Linda Jones on UK Warner Bros needs their head testing.

Social source share

Really? Why do you think so?

popsike tells me AND knowing what i paid for a record when i bought it years ago and what i get for selling it now.

you can get the best bargains from german sellers - if there are good 45s for sale. theory: because of higher postage for worldwide shipping you have fewer bidders?

Social source share

popsike tells me AND knowing what i paid for a record when i bought it years ago and what i get for selling it now.

you can get the best bargains from german sellers - if there are good 45s for sale. theory: because of higher postage for worldwide shipping you have fewer bidders?

I usually list my stuff on ebay UK as that's where vast majority of buyers come from. My postage is only about 1.70 quid higher than domestic UK postage so I doubt your theory in a way.

Thing is, for certain records that I eventually sell at only about 1/3 of the current price (not the book price!) I have 4-5 or more bidders yet they only place peanuts bids if you know what I mean.

My theory is that the market is somehow saturated with classic Northern Soul 45s to a degree. Trophy items, left field pieces (e.g. Popcorn, R&B, funkier stuff) and obscurities being exceptions to the rule.

Social source share

Sometimes its just a case of "right place ,right time" to get a bargain.Nothing's changed.

Well saidthumbup.gif As with all selling and buying, with a 'following wind', and someone with too much money, 7.gif a huge sum will be payed, for a '45.

Then I began to wonder, reading this thread , isn't the thing that really matters, the Musical Artistry, on those '45s 6.gif , and that's worth far more than mere cash

..it's what's in the groove that counts
cool.gif

Social source share

I usually list my stuff on ebay UK as that's where vast majority of buyers come from. My postage is only about 1.70 quid higher than domestic UK postage so I doubt your theory in a way.

Thing is, for certain records that I eventually sell at only about 1/3 of the current price (not the book price!) I have 4-5 or more bidders yet they only place peanuts bids if you know what I mean.

My theory is that the market is somehow saturated with classic Northern Soul 45s to a degree. Trophy items, left field pieces (e.g. Popcorn, R&B, funkier stuff) and obscurities being exceptions to the rule.

I agree with raresoul.net. Don't know why, but there's a tendency for auctions in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany etc. to finish lower. Had the exact same problem as you but noticed I could get 'normal' prices when putting records on the bay as set sale instead of auction. Opening an eBayshop only costs a few quid a month (dunno how much exactly) but this is largely compensated by the prices you'll get for your records. Oh and I think it's free for the first few months too.

The question remains of course...Why do auctions from the European mainland do worse than those in UK/US?

Social source share

ive got records up to 200 in the book for less than 50.00 -but so what -firstly the market reajusts in tough financial times [helps collectors]secondly the price quide is a quide so market value for all these deals cannot be gaged,its very much what certain items go for at the time etc depending on the free market and ability to pay!!

Alot of returnees who imo were buying the likes of the Ruby Andrews etc have gone away or went into retirement homes so the legacy is again a drop on items we all thought "no way is this record worth that"all has a knock on effect! But yep still a fluent market bought a couple of hard wants both 400 in the book in the last guide and thats what I paid -certain records on this scene have always hit their mark !!

Generally however its definetly the time to sqeeze more out of a deal-more so now than perhaps the last 15 years!!!

BAZ A

HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Social source share

The question remains of course...Why do auctions from the European mainland do worse than those in UK/US?

is it the way ebay lets you search.

I realy only use .com for searching for records. I don't think I even see records that are listed on .de .fr .co.uk etc etc ?

also its much to general to say prices are coming down.

just as many examples of records fetching top money.

the records that are widely available will see the worst price drops IMO.

for example things like lonnie lester "you can't go" realy should only be 20 quid. Sam Fletcher on Tolie should probably be not much mroe either as its incredibly common.

jimmy tig selling for $600 in vg condition all be it the clip was very clean tells me that great and rare records are still fetching very good prices.

but good bargains are there if you are patient thumbup.gif

Social source share

I think the days of (most) top end prices just have to come to an end eventually - if you got started on the northern thing in the early 70's like me, retirement is getting nearer, there's the credit crunch, everything else seems to cost more. Don't get me started on how much kids cost - forever! Frankly it could never go on until the end of time could it?

Buying records should never be viewed as an investment, buy what you like, play them to death. if you want an investment get an ISA!

I took the decision to sell up when I did in a fairly cynical way to max out the price the collection would fetch - I don't think I got the time totally right, but even at wholesale I made a whacking profit. But will those who bought my tunes (after the dealer has added his percentage) if they keep them for any length of time, see a return on thier money? I hope so, but not in the order that I did I'm sure.

But again, it shouldn't be about the profit unless you are a dealer. The only records I ever bought that I didn't like were because I bought job lots, and had to take the 'rough with the smooth'. Ironically, because they weren't filed with what I considered my collection the damn things are still here in a box somewhere!

Do any of you remeber what happened to all the 78 rpm's the grandfolks had? Because that is highly likely what will happen to most northern 45's in 20 years time!

Cheerfully,

RB

Social source share

is it the way ebay lets you search.

I realy only use .com for searching for records. I don't think I even see records that are listed on .de .fr .co.uk etc etc ?

also its much to general to say prices are coming down.

just as many examples of records fetching top money.

the records that are widely available will see the worst price drops IMO.

for example things like lonnie lester "you can't go" realy should only be 20 quid. Sam Fletcher on Tolie should probably be not much mroe either as its incredibly common.

jimmy tig selling for $600 in vg condition all be it the clip was very clean tells me that great and rare records are still fetching very good prices.

but good bargains are there if you are patient thumbup.gif

Are Lonnie Lester and Sam Fletcher £20 records?...i'll have 2 of each.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Candace Love for years was a $0.99 buy, then it had a few plays and went to £15 now back at the price it used to be, no big deal.

Social source share

When was the uk copy of Linda Jones fetching £70 ??

Im sure JM had a copy on his site at least a yr back for £50 or less ??

Never thought it was regarded as rare on uk or was it ever expensive ,having said that, £50 is expensive for a uk copy to meyes.gif

Let's face it ,we're still in recession regardless of whatever the government and banks say ,so as far as i'm concerned ,certain record that are not rare are dropping in price .

Maybe the pennies dropped ....a lot of records out there are not and have never been rare , example ANN SEXTON -YBGTL (YELLOW SS) ,one very week for sale yes.gif

One of the biggest myths to me is GARLAND GREEN on REVUE ...i can't believe how many copies of this are on ebay every week

SAM FLETCHER on TOLLIE

DEARLY BELOVED on scepter

Why people are still cueing up and bidding like crazy for these records beggars belief !

Is it just a co-incidence, or has there been an abundance of records for sale over the last yr or so ,especially uk sellers on ebay and even on here ??

Even Tim Brown's feeling the pinch and selling records from his own collection.

So if you've got the money take advantage ,if your skint ,then they're still expensive in my book.

Social source share

Are Lonnie Lester and Sam Fletcher £20 records?...i'll have 2 of each.thumbsup.gif

well they aren't yet and I didn't say they are.

but they will be soon wicked.gif

all i',m saying is thats all they should be. Both are very common and virtually everybody has had or has therse records.

Social source share

One of the biggest myths to me is GARLAND GREEN on REVUE ...i can't believe how many copies of this are on ebay every week

SAM FLETCHER on TOLLIE

Why people are still cueing up and bidding like crazy for these records beggars belief !

yes it does nev the mind boggles thumbsup.gif totally agree.

Social source share

When was the uk copy of Linda Jones fetching £70 ??

Im sure JM had a copy on his site at least a yr back for £50 or less ??

Never thought it was regarded as rare on uk or was it ever expensive ,having said that, £50 is expensive for a uk copy to meyes.gif

Let's face it ,we're still in recession regardless of whatever the government and banks say ,so as far as i'm concerned ,certain record that are not rare are dropping in price .

Maybe the pennies dropped ....a lot of records out there are not and have never been rare , example ANN SEXTON -YBGTL (YELLOW SS) ,one very week for sale yes.gif

SAM FLETCHER on TOLLIE

Is it just a co-incidence, or has there been an abundance of records for sale over the last yr or so ,especially uk sellers on ebay and even on here ??

Even Tim Brown's feeling the pinch and selling records from his own collection.

So if you've got the money take advantage ,if your skint ,then they're still expensive in my book.

Well said Nev, couldn't have put it any clearer myself, selling any product is all about supply and demand, IMO, records have come down in price and will continue to do so in the short term, the buyer has to make a decision wether to jump in or not

Martin

Social source share

Well said Nev, couldn't have put it any clearer myself, selling any product is all about supply and demand, IMO, records have come down in price and will continue to do so in the short term, the buyer has to make a decision wether to jump in or not

Martin

Another thought and something very interesting is ,the single most popular sales on ebay is records .

So there must be a lot of collectors out there today??

Probably more collectors on the scene today than ever before .

Most venues i go to these days are full of soul collectors ,out numbering the non collectors imho

So its deffo not on the decline .

Personally i just think people have become more careful and more choosy with what spare cash they have and if my sales are out to go by....up for bartering down a priceyes.gifsad.gif

Social source share

Mark Bicknell's been saying this for ages now. the "vinyl mountain" and he aint wrong. The internet opened it all up and records once deemed hard like your Sam fletchers etc have just proven to be,Not that rare after all.

I think if you have been part of collecting rare soul records for any length of time once the bug bites it never seems to leave you, although I've been selling a few records in recent times in equal measure I've been buying as well, there is a plus side to the ever growing record mountain out there that you can be far more selective in what you collect and perhaps in some instances locate those elsusive wants wich in the past have proved almost impossible to find, the big ticket items are in most cases still very much at the summit of the moutain and command the big four figure sums however at the base of the mountain there is without question a vast ammount of records to chase and have fun with.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Totally agree, some are swayed with the prices that are listed in Manship's guide & others, let's be honest not many really acheive the 'book' price which gives some a false indication of the value anyway, but as said it depends who's looking, who wants it & how much they are prepared to pay, it never ceases to amaze me with records on my wants & search engine that sales ending earlier have fewer, lesser bids & achieve lower prices than ones ending later, ignore condition as I've seen mediocre condition records go for less that the better ones. Maybe it's just the way people search coupled with the attitude 'I saw it first & I want it at any cost'...or the 'that bastards outbid me, I'll teach him'.....decreasing prices are all good in my book, after all they're only old bits of plastic....aren't they?

KTF

Baz

Seem's to me there's very little consistency with ebay anyway,what fetched £30 last week can fetch £60 the next,bottom line with any sale is it's only worth what someone will pay for it.

Edited by bazabod_downunder
Social source share

Guest posstot

Or they'll say....ooooh look he must have been mad on frisbies....Here, CATCH!!thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest posstot

I think a lot of us are missing what is actually happenning. With the advent of the internet, we, as enthusiasts, dont have to go to the middle man anymore. We are now fortunate enough to buy straight from the States..(Canada, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium....I've even bought a Yugoslavian Temps picture cover for about £1.50).

...whereas years ago the intrepid Northern soul explorer, would travel off to the States to visit his contact...or to find his own little 2nd hand shop...Warehouse or radio station. Where ever they ended up buying, what could have been, VAST amounts of vinyl at very cheap prices. He/she would return the Hero......With people willing to pay for them...

....Little did most of us know, just how many of these "SHINY BLACK VINYL"( thats subliminal advertising for Linda) were actually out there...Not just in the states, but bloomin' everywhere. Now even the actual Horders in the States don't have to go an agent(if you like) to sell them for him/her, to us crazy English Guys, they can be sold from the owner direct from his own home.......CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN and what do you get?? BARGAINS!!!!

This reasonning can also apply to why there are ssssssooooo many D.j's

around. wicked.gif

Another thing which actually stops the Price decline further, however. I feel, at least. Is it isn't Just a British Scene anymore....Black music, Of which we, for years, have called our very own.."Northern Soul" Is a World- Wide Fanominom (doo dooooo da doo do). Under many different name Catorgories - guises. But those soulful slabs of 7 inch,from the states, are hunted by many more people than ever before. And the demand for the Big raities is still there because of that fact...moreso now than ever. I feel this is why the big Money Items still reach the collosus amounts they do, because instead of one or two countries hunting down vinyl...Its probably 7 or 8 countries now.

The reasonning therefore for the prices comming down is, actually because the middlemen now have huge competition....the internet.

Wether or not our tunes will be worth a lot of money in the future, who knows?, there is young blood out there, again, allll over the world and we know more than anyone, once it gets you, it gets you. So i think it's wrong to be too pesamistic.....the overseas "scenes" from what i see ont t'internet look a lot younger than us as an average...there's some years of buying ahead of them now!!yes.gif

So don't be worried or down hearted....."YOU GOT TO LOOK UP" (the Drapers)

Mike...and his amazing talking bollocks!

Social source share

I think a lot of us are missing what is actually happenning. With the advent of the internet, we, as enthusiasts, dont have to go to the middle man anymore. We are now fortunate enough to buy straight from the States..(Canada, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium....I've even bought a Yugoslavian Temps picture cover for about £1.50).

...whereas years ago the intrepid Northern soul explorer, would travel off to the States to visit his contact...or to find his own little 2nd hand shop...Warehouse or radio station. Where ever they ended up buying, what could have been, VAST amounts of vinyl at very cheap prices. He/she would return the Hero......With people willing to pay for them...

....Little did most of us know, just how many of these "SHINY BLACK VINYL"( thats subliminal advertising for Linda) were actually out there...Not just in the states, but bloomin' everywhere. Now even the actual Horders in the States don't have to go an agent(if you like) to sell them for him/her, to us crazy English Guys, they can be sold from the owner direct from his own home.......CUT OUT THE MIDDLE MAN and what do you get?? BARGAINS!!!!

This reasonning can also apply to why there are ssssssooooo many D.j's

around. wicked.gif

Another thing which actually stops the Price decline further, however. I feel, at least. Is it isn't Just a British Scene anymore....Black music, Of which we, for years, have called our very own.."Northern Soul" Is a World- Wide Fanominom (doo dooooo da doo do). Under many different name Catorgories - guises. But those soulful slabs of 7 inch,from the states, are hunted by many more people than ever before. And the demand for the Big raities is still there because of that fact...moreso now than ever. I feel this is why the big Money Items still reach the collosus amounts they do, because instead of one or two countries hunting down vinyl...Its probably 7 or 8 countries now.

The reasonning therefore for the prices comming down is, actually because the middlemen now have huge competition....the internet.

Wether or not our tunes will be worth a lot of money in the future, who knows?, there is young blood out there, again, allll over the world and we know more than anyone, once it gets you, it gets you. So i think it's wrong to be too pesamistic.....the overseas "scenes" from what i see ont t'internet look a lot younger than us as an average...there's some years of buying ahead of them now!!yes.gif

So don't be worried or down hearted....."YOU GOT TO LOOK UP" (the Drapers)

Mike...and his amazing talking bollocks!

Yes I see your point/s, but don't you think that the fact that you had to trawl all over the place to find that little vinyl heaven that only you know about, the fact that back in the day, you travelled to clubs miles and miles away, just so that you could hear 'that tune' that only one DJ had, made the scene what it is and has become? I mean, if you could have bought the tunes from you local Woolies, and heard the tunes in your local disco, the scene would definitely not have lasted as long as it has.

Also I think that the exclusivity will soon disappear from the scene if anybody and his dog can buy any tune on the internet, I mean with so many boots and re-releases about, it wouldn't cost that much to get a decent collection together. Or if Djs play MP3s in their sets that anyone can download. I mean nowadays if you got asked to do a northern set somewhere, it doesn't matter weather you have the vinyl or not, all you have to do is get on the pc and download all the faves. That's the killer thing about MP3s, they take away the exclusivity from the DJs that have collected the vinyl for years, and in the least the DJs that are just starting to collect vinyl.

I'm afraid to say that if I hired a jock to play for me and they turned up with just a cd wallet, I would tell them to use the same door as they came in through, but facing the other way. wanker.gif

My opinion anyway

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Tony C.br />

Social source share

Some goin up, Some goin down

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360200735685

Nice copy just went for £200 on SS.....used to be £50 not too long ago.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Yes I see your point/s, but don't you think that the fact that you had to trawl all over the place to find that little vinyl heaven that only you know about, the fact that back in the day, you travelled to clubs miles and miles away, just so that you could hear 'that tune' that only one DJ had, made the scene what it is and has become? I mean, if you could have bought the tunes from you local Woolies, and heard the tunes in your local disco, the scene would definitely not have lasted as long as it has.

Also I think that the exclusivity will soon disappear from the scene if anybody and his dog can buy any tune on the internet, I mean with so many boots and re-releases about, it wouldn't cost that much to get a decent collection together. Or if Djs play MP3s in their sets that anyone can download. I mean nowadays if you got asked to do a northern set somewhere, it doesn't matter weather you have the vinyl or not, all you have to do is get on the pc and download all the faves. That's the killer thing about MP3s, they take away the exclusivity from the DJs that have collected the vinyl for years, and in the least the DJs that are just starting to collect vinyl.

I'm afraid to say that if I hired a jock to play for me and they turned up with just a cd wallet, I would tell them to use the same door as they came in through, but facing the other way. wanker.gif

My opinion anyway

I'm a little lost now. You say, you see my point. But i don't think you do old chap. Re; your reply. Did you read my post all the way through? I don't see where mp3's and c.d's come into the conversation.

My point being, prices are lowering on a lot of vinyl, because you can now buy straight from the big American dealers, rather than buy off the english guy who bought off the Big American dealers. This being true since the t'internet came along. Not only do the english (middlemen) miss out, but the big American dealers themselves. As where a lot of collectors/horders in the states don't need an agent to sell on there collections, they too can use the internet....and sell there vinyl without a middleman, direct to us enthusiasts. THUS more availability/less add ons'. Where your ovo argument come from, I just don't knowhuh.gif .

Hey, at least you answeredthumbup.gif .

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert