How Well Do You Know Your Collection

Dylan

I responded to a want today convinced I had the record then when I went to look for it I realised it had gone. :mellow::unsure:

luckily no harm done but it could have been embarrasing.

so how well organised are you all ?

do you know all the records you have etc etc and how to find them ?

I had all mine on a spreadsheet on my old laptop but it died and its too big a task to do it all again.

some of the records are sorted alphabetically but also a big chunk still to do.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My mate guest dj'd at another mates birthday party and played the lads records, albeit his lesser known records + b sides from his collection , set up by wife, guess what ?

Mate thanked the other lad for a truly memorial set and asked him where he got his set from and could he buy a few !! even though it was his collection he had used !!!!

You never know you're own collection that in depth !!!

thumbup.gif

Social source share

My mate guest dj'd at another mates birthday party and played the lads records, albeit his lesser known records + b sides from his collection , set up by wife, guess what ?

Mate thanked the other lad for a truly memorial set and asked him where he got his set from and could he buy a few !! even though it was his collection he had used !!!!

thumbup.gif

thats a good story.

Social source share

:thumbup:

Too true. Problem is we are all too busy looking for the next buy!

Regards.. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

My theory is if Ilisted them all I'd be tempted to put a value column on the spreadsheet, then once I saw the total I'd feel compelled to sell them all.

As it stands when the kids say " I'm hungry" I can at least answer " What do you expect me to do about it" !

Social source share

Conversation at nighter went something like this:

Stubbsy - "Paul what's this?"

Paul McKay - "Bloody hell you should know this, it's in your box!" rolleyes.gif

Mind you we had had a few sherberts by that time biggrin.gif

I've got all my U.S. Northern/70's stuff on a spreadsheet, but haven't got round to doing my motown stuff yet. Keep telling myself I must do!

Social source share

I keep mine in a database with artists, title, label and country of origin.

It beats having to look through all of your records to see if you already

have a tune, every time you see one that you're interested in.

They are dead easy to set up too, and really handy if you want to send a list

of your tunes to someone, as you can save the database as a small text file.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

I used to have mine on a spreadsheet when I first started collecting Allocated nuymber Artist Title label Genre and price ! I used to get such a shock when I added up what had been spent ohmy.gif .

It was a great I could organize it aphabetical order and number order . If I wanted to find a sound It was dead easy.

I stopped after 5 years and got a life :thumbup:

I once saw browny open a 300 box and go straight to a record he was looking for ? now that is cool ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert