Having A Laugh. Prices Plus Paypal Fees

HI,

IT'S NOT JUST PAYPAL FEES WE HAVE TO PAY IS IT,

POSTAGE FEES ARE OVER THE TOP AT TIMES AS WELL,

SOME US DEALERS CHARGE FOR INSURANCE AS WELL,

SO IT CAN BE $25 PLUS FOR SOME 45s,

AS FOR GETTING RID OF PAYPAL FEES, WELL DREAM ON,

JOE.

If you read on this topic has become a broader aspect paypal fees And postage costs!!!! Its all about getting ripped OFF either waythumbup.gif

Yup, you're both absolutely right. Apologies - I didn't read all the way through the thread properly! wacko.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi,

if you sent money via paypal as a gift and paid the fee yourself i thought it was only 1%,

so why not do it that way ?? and save yourself 3%,

joe.

yesterday when I read that I had to check it out and sent a payment as a gift and yes, I paid only 1% fees. But that seems not to be any longer available or it works only once. I tried to send out money the same way today and it didn´t work. The fees were also round about 4% and I checked it also at lower values, but always the same fees. Probably they changed something at paypal over the weekend, but I also couldn´t find any info about different fees for different ways of shipping on their web site. :lol:

I go now again to send bigger payments straight to the sellers accounts if they want the paypal fees. The banks over europe and UK & Swisserland has realised that they missing a lot of money just because of quick payments about internet banks like paypal and do not any longer working that much time with your money. One year ago it took you more than a week time to get the money from your account to another account in another european bank (inkl. UK & Swiss), but now it takes only two or three days, but the money you safe is hell. I just myself sent money recently from sweden to a german account and it was there after only two days. AND WHY NOT DEMONSTRATE PAYPAL THAT FEES OF 4% ARE TOO MUCH!?! Are we all too comfortable today? I can wait two or three days longer for my records (..that´s maybe a lie :wicked: )

And by the way, it is so easy to send out international. You all have an BIC number and IBAN or SWIFT number, the only thing you more need to know is the recipients full name and name of his bank...thats it!

Social source share

It's the same with the new rules on Ebay for selling media i.e Cd's DVD's etc. You now HAVE to offer free postage. So if you sell a cd for instance for let's say for arguments sake 99p, you then have to pay for the postage, the Ebay fees, and the Paypal fees if paid through Paypal? so in all you end up losing.

I approached Ebay about this and they say you only have to offer free postage as your first option and the you can offer paid postage for other option, but which would you go for, Free or Paid? They also suggested putting the price of the postage and fees onto the starting price of your item, but then if your starting price is too high, it puts folk off buying it or bidding on it. They argued that people are more inclined to bid if Free postage is offered, but that doesn't help the seller does it?

Social source share

It's the same with the new rules on Ebay for selling media i.e Cd's DVD's etc. You now HAVE to offer free postage. So if you sell a cd for instance for let's say for arguments sake 99p, you then have to pay for the postage, the Ebay fees, and the Paypal fees if paid through Paypal? so in all you end up losing.

I approached Ebay about this and they say you only have to offer free postage as your first option and the you can offer paid postage for other option, but which would you go for, Free or Paid? They also suggested putting the price of the postage and fees onto the starting price of your item, but then if your starting price is too high, it puts folk off buying it or bidding on it. They argued that people are more inclined to bid if Free postage is offered, but that doesn't help the seller does it?

As only an occasional ebay seller (very reluctantly) I am now completely pis*ed off with it all and am now considering not selling on there again, just not worth it... 4 different ways to rinse money outta people:

1) Insertion/listing fees

2) Final sale price % fees

3) Paypal charge

4) Forcing domestic sellers to offer free postage

AR*EHOLES

GREEDY BAS*ARDS

FU*KING ROBBING CU*TS

Need I go on...like this lad ^^ here says - they tell ya to absorb the postage charges into yr starting price but it simply serves to put people off bidding...utter, utter bollox...

Social source share

As only an occasional ebay seller (very reluctantly) I am now completely pis*ed off with it all and am now considering not selling on there again, just not worth it... 4 different ways to rinse money outta people:

1) Insertion/listing fees

2) Final sale price % fees

3) Paypal charge

4) Forcing domestic sellers to offer free postage

AR*EHOLES

GREEDY BAS*ARDS

FU*KING ROBBING CU*TS

Need I go on...like this lad ^^ here says - they tell ya to absorb the postage charges into yr starting price but it simply serves to put people off bidding...utter, utter bollox...

Mark ,i think the postage thing has come about because some sellers abused the postage rules.

Ebay were not taking any fees for the postage part of the sale ,so some sellers became wise and started selling things on a buy it now basis ,where they charged less for the item and bumped up the postage price . £10 item and £49 postage ,instead of the other way roundwicked.gif

That way they kept the actual ebay fees to a minimum but still getting the same price for items sold.

In the meantime spoiling it for honest sellers!

Social source share

Great thread with lots of different view points. It's obvious many people hate EBay and Pay Pal. EBay gives you a worldwide showcase for your sales and with Pay Pal you can move the money to your bank account within minutes of being paid. That is surely why you use their services and pay the costs. If you don't want or need these services then put your records for sale on forums such as this and only accept cash. Postage costs should reflect the service you give. Packages from Craig Moerer are a joy to receive with a $25 record in a box with 6 layers of cardboard and for some reason a couple of sheets of bubble wrap. I'm sure this keeps people coming back for more! I only use new mailers nowadays as it's quicker to pack the records than re-using old mailers from records you've received, but I have to buy them and I charge for them. Chris' original point is very valid though about asking £400 for something like Patti & The Emblems and then asking to add 4% Pay Pal fees. For high value items bank transfers via Internet Banking is the answer. I recently sent someone a few hundred quid from my bank account direct to his, at no cost, and he had a credit on his account in minutes. If you think 4% is high have you tried to get a business loan recently or checked your credit card fees? It's still fun, Cheers, Ady

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert