Simsy

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I couldn't decide if this looked real or fake. The lines on the label don't seem to go to the edge on the right hand side - only demo I'd seen where they didn't?

post-2216-12553579135201_thumb.jpg

Item number:300354352951

Link

Hi mate,

I've got a demo copy as well! this one looks the same...would say: it's an original copy!

cheers, m.

btw: I know that there's a look-a-like of the issue - never heard about a demo fake! :thumbup:

Edited by mattfox
Social source share

Hi mate,

I've got a demo copy as well! this one looks the same...would say: it's an original copy!

cheers, m.

btw: I know that there's a look-a-like of the issue - never heard about a demo fake! :thumbup:

Thanks mate. got an issue myself, one of those went for ninety something quid last week.

That demo looked a bit clean and as said the lines on the label were troubling.

330283461885.jpg

270088110255.jpg

Social source share

I couldn't decide if this looked real or fake. The lines on the label don't seem to go to the edge on the right hand side - only demo I'd seen where they didn't?

post-2216-12553579135201_thumb.jpg

Item number:300354352951

Link

Hi mate,

Pretty sure this is ok.

It's not a demo (hence no 'Not For Sale' on the label) what it is, IMO, is a copy the original white label release which was disributed alongide the 4 colour label release.

Regards.. :thumbup:

Social source share

Hi mate,

Pretty sure this is ok.

It's not a demo (hence no 'Not For Sale' on the label) what it is, IMO, is a copy the original white label release which was disributed alongide the 4 colour label release.

It's listed as a 'DJ copy'.

Wow a white dj copy that isn't a demo eh?

Social source share

It's listed as a 'DJ copy'.

Wow a white dj copy that isn't a demo eh?

Like I said in the first post, IMO, it's not demo but a genuine 1st issue release. I guess the guy selling it listed it as a demo because it's white rather than the 4 colour release.

So, no not a white dj copy that isn't a demo just a release with a white label :thumbup:

Best..

Social source share

Like I said in the first post, IMO, it's not demo but a genuine 1st issue release. I guess the guy selling it listed it as a demo because it's white rather than the 4 colour release.

So, no not a white dj copy that isn't a demo just a release with a white label :thumbup:

Best..

I wonder how it stacks up in the rare-ability/desirability stakes? Comapred with the issue & demo..

Social source share

I wonder how it stacks up in the rare-ability/desirability stakes? Comapred with the issue & demo..

Im not sure mate but they don't turn up as often.

I think this label was distributed less widely than the coloured issue.

For me, I like the coloured issue, just for aesthetic reasons, but I'd guess this is the more rare. I'm sure somebody else will have a bit more info/insight but for £65 it doesn't seem too bad.

Social source share

Surely the only way to own this is a near mint 45 in the stunning (as close to mint as you'll get) sleeve:

This could be yours, for oh say £80 inc postage etc etc :thumbup:

Social source share

Surely the only way to own this is a near mint 45 in the stunning (as close to mint as you'll get) sleeve:

This could be yours, for oh say £80 inc postage etc etc :thumbup:

post-4964-1255364673242_thumb.jpg

I like to walk soft because i am soft :D

Edited by ken
Social source share

I remember a certain Mace using the sleeve design as a flyer for one of the R & Soul set rallies in late 80s/early 90s. Mace, get it up chief!

Rich

Haven't got any of those old RSS flyers mate....did I make a proper record sleeve out of it with a record flyer inside? Must have had far too much time on my hands if so :g:

I've still got the proper sleeve somewhere, and the promo 45, which I bought off Blondie from Stoke with a copy of Doug Banks at the same time.....20+ years ago :D

Remember hearing them both for the first time played back to back by Stu Wilkinson (Newcastle) at an allnighter in Leeds.

Anyone know if Stu Wilkinson is still around ?

Social source share

Yeah, it's a mono photocopy of both sides of the promotional sleeve with the 45 in it and inside the physical sleeve is the following flyer....

I would have scanned the whole sleeve (not just the inner) but it's cellotaped (20 year old!) to the inside lid of my first ever 300 record box with other flyers attached to it with tape and it'll rip if I do. Just out of interest the other flyers were for The Raven in Whichurch (Jonny Beggs and Pep on - happy days!) and the North Wales Soul Club's New Years Day alldayer 1990 with Roger Banks on and the usual N.Wales suspects - Mark Bicknell, Chico, Mark Speakmen, Chris Fenny, Phil Blacknell etc. Happy days! So what year was Clacton??

Rich

post-1228-12555550799553_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert