• Replies 50
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Perception

The 'Huns' Review'.....what's that all about? unsure.gif

I have been told that the Huns Review was the band, and the Soul Brothers feature on the vocal.

Edited by Perception
Social source share

Guest Perception

JOHN & the WEIRDEST, you can't get a more weird name than that!

"Can't Get Over These Memories/ No Time" are fantastic recordings, but a strange choice of group name. I beleive this is Johnny Hendley and group.

Edited by Perception
Social source share

i dont know about you lot.....but, i personally wouldnt go to a little cottage with a bloke called fluffy falana, especially if he was bringing his mate marrion sodd with him......makes my eyes water just thinking about it

I did a topic like this years ago when I asked if people with names of soul singers would get picked on at school here in the UK; erm, Pervis Herder for a start...

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

THE CHILD OF FRIENDSHIP TRAINROBBERS??? PERK LEE?PUNCHY AND EARLY WARNING SYSTEM, THE REGGIE SADDLER REVUE?? ALVINCASH AND THE REGISTERS.....ETC ETC.

Social source share

I have been told that the Huns Review was the band, and the Soul Brothers feature on the vocal.

The term 'review' was used by performing acts that would have multiple personas - for example, they would do a set as a stripped down R&B act, then a set with some 'special guest' vocalist (if the primary singer was male, the special guest would be a woman), and a set of ballad/torch songs. They don't mean review like a movie review.

Social source share

Guest so-char

i dont know about you lot.....but, i personally wouldnt go to a little cottage with a bloke called fluffy falana, especially if he was bringing his mate marrion sodd with him......makes my eyes water just thinking about it

what about shep- fool to a fool[tnt

Edited by so-char
Social source share

Godoy Colbert; Willie Colon; Gamma Goochee (Himself)unsure.gif eh?

Off at a tangent I know but I'm still awestruck whenever I recall 1970s boxer's 'ring monickers' from my youth. Personal faves include

Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini; John 'The Beast' Mugabe and my all-time personal fave: Dave 'The Chatteris Fen Tiger' Boy Green laugh.gif (Who, from memory, was kin bobbins)

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest TONY ROUNCE

Is actually Demetriss Trapp. She made loads of records in the 60's, must have been well known

...er, better make that 'Tapp', mate. She was indeed quite well known as a songwriter, she was married to Bob Tubert (himself a fairly high profile Country songwriter and producer). Good looking woman, too....

Social source share

...er, better make that 'Tapp', mate. She was indeed quite well known as a songwriter, she was married to Bob Tubert (himself a fairly high profile Country songwriter and producer). Good looking woman, too....

Are you sure, I thought she was a member of the famous Von Trapp family who recorded some cool stuff in Austria many years ago...

Social source share

Were they having a laugh when Veep put out a track by Willie and the Handjives???wanker.gifunsure.gif

Nah, tis a great tunethumbsup.gif

They were surely referencing Johnny Otis with all his Handjive tunes- one of which was entitled

"Willie and the Handjive"

but I'll chuck in Tim Tam and The Turn Ons.

ATB

Tony "Youngblood"P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert