Marvelettes/kim Weston Tmg1000

Today I bought a copy of this at a car boot sale at Wetherby racecourse for a quid.

Anyway what I'm after is does anyone know how much the copy ended up for last week on Manships auction. The last I knew it was £127. I am only interested in the price as I want to wind my mate up who was with me when I bought it. :ohmy:

I was a bit peeved before today as I had seen a copy go through Ebay unsold at a starting price of £30. So when I saw Manship had a copy on his auction, I thought I'd missed yet another bargain again! :wicked:

I only discovered this tune when searching for a copy of I'm Still Loving You on Ebay. The price of which frightens me on there. :ohmy::ohmy:

Edited by Supercorsa
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Today I bought a copy of this at a car boot sale at Wetherby racecourse for a quid.

Anyway what I'm after is does anyone know how much the copy ended up for last week on Manships auction.  The last I knew it was £127.  I am only interested in the price as I want to wind my mate up who was with me when I bought it.  :ohmy:

I was a bit peeved before today as I had seen a copy go through Ebay unsold at a starting price of £30.  So when I saw Manship had a copy on his auction, I thought I'd missed yet another bargain again! :ohmy:

I only discovered this tune when searching for a copy of I'm Still Loving You on Ebay.  The price of which frightens me on there.  :wicked::ohmy:

link

Ian

I thought that the TMG 1000 was only released in the 25 piece box set, released to celebrate the 1000 record. It came with a pin badge I think. I've got the box filed away somewhere.

Cant think why people would want to break it up and sell the tracks separately.till there's nowt as strange as folk.

Social source share

Ian

I thought that the TMG 1000 was only released in the 25 piece box set, released to celebrate the 1000 record. It came with a pin badge I think. I've got the box filed away somewhere.

Cant think why people would want to break it up and sell the tracks separately.till there's nowt as strange as folk.

link

The record shop I worked in as a nipper (Golden Disc, Oldham) ended up with a dozen or so unsold boxes. They did a really good trade in Motown back catalogue so they ended up breaking them up and flogging them individually. Can't heve been the only place to do that.

Godz

Social source share

Anyway what I'm after is does anyone know how much the copy ended up for last week on Manships auction.  The last I knew it was £127.  I am only interested in the price as I want to wind my mate up who was with me when I bought it.  :ohmy:

link

I'm just bumping this up :thumbsup: , as I still don't know how much it ended on. Does anybody know?

Social source share

The record shop I worked in as a nipper (Golden Disc, Oldham) ended up with a dozen or so unsold boxes. They did a really good trade in Motown back catalogue so they ended up breaking them up and flogging them individually. Can't heve been the only place to do that.

Godz

link

Yes and so did "Whites" in Tonbridge. They didn't even wait to see if they sold - just decided to split the boxes up. So we all went and got the Kim Weston for 60p or whatever, and they had multiple copies of the other 19 singles which they couldn't shift.... :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Social source share

I've picked up a couple of the Kim Weston 45's for a pound each at record fairs in Dundee.

One was an issue and the other a demo.

Gave the issue to a mate and kept the demo.

If the issue went for £133, how much for the demo whistling.gif

soulmac.

Social source share

Rob Smith split dozens of box sets of this

he sold the hits in his shop and the more northern things at nighters !

as did Sid Booths in Mansfield

link

must have happened all over the place, got mine in one of the shops in Hanway Street London. I thought the box sets were a limited edition thing, seems everyone on here has a Kim Weston whistling.gif

Right whose gonna own up to buying the box set to get one whistling.gif

Social source share

I've picked up a couple of the Kim Weston 45's for a pound each at record fairs in Dundee.

One was an issue and the other a demo.

Gave the issue to a mate and kept the demo.

If the issue went for £133, how much for the demo  whistling.gif

soulmac.

link

I saw a demo go through Ebay yesterday for about £57, and the seller mentioned the one on Manships site.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

must have happened all over the place, got mine in one of the shops in Hanway Street London. I thought the box sets were a limited edition thing, seems everyone on here has a Kim Weston whistling.gif

Right whose gonna own up to buying the box set to get one thumbsup.gif

link

ME !!!

And I think its cruel to break the little fellas up. They should be kept together if possible.

AND you didnt get the nice purple metal badge did you??? (Please say you didnt :thumbsup: )

Social source share

ME !!!

And I think its cruel to break the little fellas up. They should be kept together if possible.

AND you didnt get the nice purple metal badge did you??? (Please say you didnt :thumbsup: )

link

Those purple badges are great Mikey aren't they :D

Nah ain't got one mate :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert