Al Scott - What Happened To Yesterday

Guest Baz

Right i have thought about this alot, after hearing Eddie Whitehead last night at soultown. so im offering up for trades only on my Al Scott, Trades HAS to include Eddie Whitehead, Shifty sold a Mr Soul for £3000 earlyer in the year and this is much rarer some where around 4/5 copys :ohmy: (any one comfirm this) , proberly one of the cleanes't copys you gan get too

PM me or email off list

Edited by Baz
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's something about the Eddie Whitehead 45 that has always left me cold. In a club it can sound awesome, but at home it sadly underperforms. I don't think the guy's voice is strong enough to carry such a track, and the melody is distinctly odd in any case.

I know you've said you've thought about it a lot, Baz, but please think again: Al Scott is one of the all time best rarities.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

There's something about the Eddie Whitehead 45 that has always left me cold. In a club it can sound awesome, but at home it sadly underperforms. I don't think the guy's voice is strong enough to carry such a track, and the melody is distinctly odd in any case.

I know you've said you've thought about it a lot, Baz, but please think again: Al Scott is one of the all time best rarities.

link

One of my all time faves is Eddie Whitehead. Guy put me this on tape nearly 20 years ago when he still had it covered up, think I wore the tape out. Al Scott might be rarer but Eddie is far better record IMO :ohmy:

Social source share

link

To me sounds fantastic at home, in the car even through the PC, just differnt tastes i suppose gareth, dont get me wrong i hold Al very close to my heart but if it means parting with it for E W so be it :ohmy:

Social source share

link

Baz, i would echo this, think carefully. Both great tracks but............The Al Scott, much better sound, record IMHO of course.

Social source share

A blatant bump :thumbsup:

I remember Mick H playing this in bedford last year as a tribute to E W as he was shot over his car bonet that week!

Social source share

I remember Mick H playing this in bedford last year as a tribute to E W as he was shot over his car bonet that week!

link

:ohmy: don't remember that! (I mean Eddie's shooting, wasn't at Bedford..)

Like the Chocolate Swapper says, go with your heart. Al Scott is all-time (played out :thumbsup: ) classic, Eddie Whitehead is one of the greatest 45s ever made :yes: would find it had to chose one over the other rarity wise though, only a handful of each as far as I know, but then again there is the Mr Soul release which there must be 10+ of.... hopw you make the right choice 007 :)

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Al Scott/Mr Soul is much better than Eddie Whitehead IMO, but Al Scott/Mr Soul is not all that either, if you ask me, even if it is pretty nice. Must be more than 4 - 5 copies. There has been a few (original) copies on ebay in the last few years alone + Shifty (twice??) and at least one more from someone else I think.

Social source share

Al Scott/Mr Soul is much better than Eddie Whitehead IMO, but Al Scott/Mr Soul is not all that either, if you ask me, even if it is pretty nice. Must be more than 4 - 5 copies. There has been a few (original) copies on ebay in the last few years alone + Shifty (twice??) and at least one more from someone else I think.

link

i was saying there was maybe 4/5 copys of the west cost issue Al Scott! yes i have seen a few Mr Souls turn up, wasnt saying 4/5 what happend to yesterday, just the Al :rolleyes:

Social source share

Superb record 007, you're a man of taste my friend :thumbsup:

Don't suppose you fancy letting Parisians go? PM me if you fancy it

link

Not long had it Mr Boot.... its not the full record either the lable has been stuck on really off center so you have to cut it short about ten seconds befor the end :rolleyes:

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Plllllllllleeeeeeeeeeease keep the Al Scott. Listening to the Eddie Whitehead for the first time just now ain't the same as Al Scott.

link

Don't ask anybody else's opinion as you know we all have different views. Just go with what you feel!! Both tracks are fantastic and if you stayed in for 6 months you could afford to keep Al Scott and buy Eddie Whitehead :rolleyes:

Social source share

i was saying there was maybe 4/5 copys of the west cost issue Al Scott! yes i have seen a few Mr Souls turn up, wasnt saying 4/5 what happend to yesterday, just the Al  whistling.gif

link

OK, sorry, I need to pay more attention to details it seems. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert