Mowtown Un-released

i have just found an old 6"emidisc with no label that i had done in the early 80,s on one side is the gladys knight track "its too late" and on the other is an instrumental with no title but with a chorus that says "on a lonley avenue" or somthing like that, also from that time was a track by tammi terrell called "the boy from crosstown" is that the same track as her recording "the boy that i love" any info appreciated

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i have just found an old 6"emidisc with no label that i had done in the early 80,s on one side is the gladys knight track "its too late" and on the other is an instrumental with no title but with a chorus that says "on a lonley avenue" or somthing like that, also from that time was a track by tammi terrell called "the boy from crosstown" is that the same track as her recording "the boy that i love" any info appreciated

link

Reak it's "On The Avenue" aka "In The Neighborhood" Ist time I seen it was on a Jobete Acetate a mate had up here, was uncredited, but think on "Cellarful Of Motown" they had it down to Jimmy Ruffin... might be wrong tho!

steve

Social source share

link

Sorry don't mean to come across rude :huh: genuine question.... If its an instrumental how comes its got a chorus!!

Social source share

The Gladys Knight track is beautiful- I bought an tape at the 100club of unreleased Motown and it was on there. Recording was shite though and the track stopped 3/4 way thru.... :ohmy: Any chance of putting a soundfile of it up here?? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Its on the album "In the snakepit"

Funk Brothers

track 16 On the Avenue (in the neighbourhood )

Vocal by Jimmy Ruffin on THE ESSENTIAL Album

In The Neighbourhood

Doug

:thumbsup:

link

the gladys knight track is great however on my emidisc it plays slightly faster than the actual track which can be found on this is northern soul vol 1 the motown sound "debutante cd" usually 7 quid or so in major music shops

Social source share

:thumbsup: :angry: sorry i wouldnt have a clue how to put up a sound file, so i,ll wait for one of my kids to come ome and i,ll ask them to do it

the gladys knight track is great however on my emidisc it plays slightly faster than the actual track which can be found on this is northern soul vol 1 the motown sound "debutante cd" usually 7 quid or so in major music shops

link

Social source share

...but does it really matter?; nice to see so much support for a track that I think, is a fine illustration of the very essence of this scene.....b.... brilliant track..

.....have you all listened to the 'Vandellas, Four Tops and 'Motown sings Motown' Unissued tracks on Hip-o-Select????? :thumbsup:

Social source share

...but does it really matter?; nice to see so much support for a track that I think, is a fine illustration of the very essence of this scene.....b.... brilliant track..

.....have you all listened to the 'Vandellas, Four Tops and 'Motown sings Motown' Unissued tracks on Hip-o-Select????? :thumbsup:

link

:D

yep and bought them and playing them to death, especially the tops

brill

:unsure:

Edited by MAKEMVINYL
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!