Stolen Records

Guest stromberg

Guest stromberg

Hi fellow collectors,

with a deep frustration I have to say that my records were stolen yesterday. I was deejaying at the Alldayer Event at the Hamburg Soul weekender, and after that a few friends and me made our way to the evening location. We stopped at a very average kebap place to have something to eat. We sat outside and I was talking to someone of our group, my little record box was opposite to me on the other bench. When we left it was no longer there, so obviously someone grabbed the case while passing by.

Now I know it might not be the most promising thing to make it public on an english forum when my records were stolen in Hamburg, Germany. But after all the records have to surface somewhere sooner or later.

So, if anyone gets offered any records, I am glad for any help.

It is a light grey box with a dark red top, it holds around 75 records, here is a short list of the records I can recall from the top of my head, I will update it soon:

Eula Cooper- Let our love grow higher

Delegates of Soul- I'll come running back

Alex Brown- I'm not responsible

the Summitts- I can't get over losing you

Anthony White- Never let you get away from me

Eugene Smiley- Yes it's you

the Chosen Few- Birth of a playboy Maple

Elvin Spencer- Lift this hurt Twinight

Art & Honey- Let's make love now

Continental Showstoppers- Not too young

100% Pure Poison- You keep coming back

Danny Williams- All those lies

Innersection- Let me love you/I'm in debt to you

The Reachers- I just want to do my own thing

Ray Hines- Why don't you give me a try

Faith, Hope & Charity- Baby don't take your love from me

Emanuel Laskey- Just the way I want her to be

The Constellations- I don't know about you

Ralph"Soul" Jackson- Set me free

Philip James- Keep on loving

Bonnie Blanchard- You're the ony one

The Mighty Lovers- Ain't gonna run no more

Clay Brown- Walk with a groove

Jerry Washington- Don't waste my time

Brenton Wood- Better believe it

Kelly & the Soul Explosions- Talking 'bout my babys love

The Fantastics- Where there's a will

Celest Hardy- You're gone

Cash McCall- More power to ya

The Manhattans- I can't stand for you to leave me

The Minits- Still a part of me

The Houston Outlaws- Ain't no telling

Chuck jackson- Waiting in Vain

Bobby Reed- The time is right for love

Will Collins & Willpower- is there anything I can do for you

the Charisma Band- Ain't nothing like your love

all records are original 45s!

I am glad for any help, obviously.

many thanks

Stefan Kubernus

Edited by stromberg
Social source share

• Replies 43
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi fellow collectors,

with a deep frustration I have to say that my records were stolen yesterday. I was deejaying at the Alldayer Event at the Hamburg Soul weekender, and after that a few friends and me made our way to the evening location. We stopped at a very average kebap place to have something to eat. We sat outside and I was talking to someone of our group, my little record box was opposite to me on the other bench. When we left it was no longer there, so obviously someone grabbed the case while passing by.

Now I know it might not be the most promising thing to make it public on an english forum when my records were stolen in Hamburg, Germany. But after all the records have to surface somewhere sooner or later.

It is a light grey box with a dark red top, it holds around 75 records, here is a short list of the records I can recall from the top of my head, I will update it soon:

many thanks

Stefan Kubernus

Jesus Stefan, I am really sorry about your records . I can only imagine how you feel . I hope all are returned to you soon.

Social source share

Hi fellow collectors,

many thanks

Stefan Kubernus

Good luck Stefan. Sounds like some opportunistic scrote who probably won't know what they are. I'd have thought he'll either dump them once he's seen what's inside the box or offload them at a record shop/flea market. Get the Hamburg soulies to keep checking all the known places for you and as daft as it sounds, have a good hunt around the area where they were taken from in case he dumps them thinking they're worthless. Good luck.

Rich

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Shocking Stefan,

I hope they are returned soon.

An advert in the local paper - reward - perhaps?

Maybe the person who lifted them was just an opportunist thief and doesn't know what he/she took?

Sean

thank you for your words, it does help a little.

Yes, I also think that the thief doesn't know what he got. I will go to the record shops tomorrow and today I will hang a few reward sheets out near where they were stolen.

I have the hope that the records will show up sooner or later, after all these are special items and it's unlikely that the combination of those records is being sold with no notice, if you know what I mean.

Social source share

Gutted for you Stefan

worst nightmare for anyone collecting records is to have some thieving bas***d rob em .

Looking at the list ,some awesome tunage and the only comfort is they will be easy to spot if they do come up for sale .

Most of these are hard to find and don't come up for sale that often so alarm bells should ring if they do.

will keep a sharp eye out for this lot on ebay and if i see or hear anyone offering any of these i'll be sure to get in touch.

what is the world coming to when you gotta handcuff your record box to your wrist ehangry.gif

Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

" Nightmare"..Wish you all the Best in recovering them Stefen,.

had this once and its upto you to get around firstly the local pubs around the area ask the bar staff if its ok to put up a reward poster plus get posters out at shops all around the area the reward say 200 pounds will hopefully flush them out it does work put a contact number on your poster.good luck.if you dont do nuthing thats what you will get.

Social source share

Thats awful, you must be gutted...but you could try these steps

1. Ask at your local police station, if they were dumped someone just might hand them in.

2. Notify all local record shops/dealers and let them know what to be on the lookout for.

3. Place all the records that you can remember in the "wants" section of ebay, that way if any are put up for sale you will be notified.

Best of luck.

Social source share

HI Stefan

I`m really gutted for you, thats my worst nightmare. I cant really offer anything more than the great advice offered up by others on here. Just wanted you to know i sympathise with you and wish you all the best in getting them back.

Just dont give up until you find them.

Good luck.

Chris and Helen.

Social source share

Hi fellow collectors,

many thanks

Stefan Kubernus

Bound to surface on ebay if someone's after making a quick buck, if I see any of the above, I'll let you know.

Is there any stickers on the labels, or some way of identifying them?

Social source share

Guest stromberg

thanks again for all your support and words. As I said, it does help and really is appreciated.

the street was very close to the Reeperbahn, but they didn't have any cameras there. That's what I found out when I reported the case to the police at the famous Davidswache on the Reeperbahn.

I was looking in vain for any hint where the records could be, but I spoke to a group of local guys who were hanging around there. I will put up reward sheets tomorrow and go to all the record shops I can find, leave a list and my contact details there. I will put the records in my ebay agent and friends from Hamburg will keep their eyes and ears open. I can only hope something works out to get the records back.

Social source share

Terrible news, again hope you get you records back. I think the reward idea sounds like a good one, thieves are greedy and probably have no idea what they have. If they do check up on the value of the 45s on the internet, then you may also have a chance of tracking them down as they come up for sale? All the best Stefan.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Sorry to hear that mate. Feel gutted for you.

I'll copy your list any minute now and send to the lads in and around D¼sseldorf for them to keep their eyes peeled.

Hope they'll turn up soon.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

That is so awful Stefan. I can't add anything else to the good advice that people have already given here, but I really hope you get them back. And soon.

Social source share

Guest stromberg

I've searched the place again today, put up a few reward notices and left lists of the records in quite a few Hamburg Record shops and rummage shops and friends from Hamburg will continue to look around.

But maybe the records are already on their way to the waste press.

When I went on the tube today, there was a live three piece group inside the tube waagon, playing music and asking for money. They were playing "always look on the bright side of life" and I thought to myself, how on earth do these hippies know??

I have a feeling that if the records will not show up again, it will be a drastic cut in mylife. It's taken me 15 years or more to collect them all. I have maybe 1400 45s left, but these were more or less the heart of my collection and I know I couldn't afford to buy them again in less than a decade.

btw I've updated the list and will continue to do so to make it as complete as possible

Edited by stromberg
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Expect a Miracle Stefan!

We're rooting for you.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

thanks Sean, but I think it's time to put more weight on the "the best things in life ain't things" attitude.

I'm sure I will have come over it by the time the next Soul Essence is onsmile.gif

Social source share

im really pissed for you mate-so hard to accumulate the tasty stuff you got stolen-ill look out on the bay etc im sure we all will-were you insured if so did you get good support from the police?

Very sad news but keep your chin up mate-things could quite easily turnaround for you-pm me if I can help in anyway!!!

BAZ A.

Social source share

When Little Richard sang "the lord helps them that help themselves" i dont think he had these theiving sort's in mind,hope you get 'em back..........and whoever as my Royal Robin's,etc etc etc etc etc etc,and "my dearly beloved", etc etc etc oh my E Starr autographed Ric-Tic the sods must have had half a decent record box over the years,i know it isn't helping this is it?,so when them theiving sods meet the Lord they wont get a wristband. :thumbup:

Not forgetting a full collection burgled from some so called soul person from my home in york in the early eighties,he's dead now :ohmy:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Stefan,

Is there any update on this sad story yet mate?

Chris

Hi Chris,

no, nothing new yet, unfortunately.

There is supposed to be an article in Hamburgs biggest newspaper about it next week, maybe this will help.

God knows what happened to the records, in the worst case they are trashed/destroyed. If the records surface anywhere near the soul collecting circle, I am confident that I will get them back, but right now all I can do is sit and wait..and watch ebay.

I even thought of contacting a private detective, no joking.

I bet it was a professional thief and I am sure they try to make money out of everything. But it's not even said that the thief is from Hamburg, I heard many thieves sell their stuff in other cities, not necesarily Hamburg.

Can't make it to Nuremberg because of work- again- but hopefully see you soon.

@ Baz: no, the records weren't insured against theft OUTSIDE my homesad.gif

Cheers

Stefan

Edited by stromberg
Social source share

I can only add my condolences, it must be horrible. I had a box stolen when I was about 17, most of them were worthless and it broke my heart. God knows what it must feel like for you...

Will keep my eyes open too, can't add anything to the advice, except to emphasise the tip of getting them on your 'wants' on ebay. If you do find the guilty party, a quick tip on here would have easyjet to Hamburg booked out in a flash - with a lot of cricket bats checked into the hold luggage!

"ich drueke Dir die Daumen!"

Andrew

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hi Chris,

no, nothing new yet, unfortunately.

There is supposed to be an article in Hamburgs biggest newspaper about it next week, maybe this will help.

God knows what happened to the records, in the worst case they are trashed/destroyed. If the records surface anywhere near the soul collecting circle, I am confident that I will get them back, but right now all I can do is sit and wait..and watch ebay.

I even thought of contacting a private detective, no joking.

I bet it was a professional thief and I am sure they try to make money out of everything. But it's not even said that the thief is from Hamburg, I heard many thieves sell their stuff in other cities, not necesarily Hamburg.

Can't make it to Nuremberg because of work- again- but hopefully see you soon.

@ Baz: no, the records weren't insured against theft OUTSIDE my homesad.gif

Cheers

Stefan

So sorry to read this. I bet it was just an opportunist, maybe even some drunk kids who have ditched them in an alley or something...

Really hope & pray that you get them back.:rolleyes:

Social source share

Hiya Stefan

Just read this Mate..... Absolutely Gutted for you .... Really Am Mate. Fingers Crossed something may turn up... ROOTING for you mate...!

See You at Essence Mate!

BEST

Bully!

Will have a Beer at the Bar for you..... and your mate.......no.gif

He Knows...I'm Kidding!

Edited by Bully Boy
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Stefan,

Could you send me a list of some of the titles (i know that might be painful) and I`ll mention it on my next list and ask everyone to keep an eye out. You`d be amazed how many of them are not on Soul source.

Chris

many thanks, Chris. Will do so tomorrow!

Cheers

Stefan

Social source share

• 5 weeks later...
Guest stromberg

Hi fellow collectors,

Delegates of Soul- I'll come running back

Alex Brown- I'm not responsible

the Summitts- I can't get over losing you

Anthony White- Never let you get away from me

the Chosen Few- Birth of a playboy Maple

Elvin Spencer- Lift this hurt Twinight

Art & Honey- Let's make love now

Continental Showstoppers- Not too young

100% Pure Poison- You keep coming back

Chuck jackson- Waiting in Vain

Will Collins & Willpower- is there anything I can do for you

the Charisma Band- Ain't nothing like your love

many thanks

Stefan Kubernus

just a short reminder that I have not gotten the records back yet, so if anyone sees or hears something that could be helpful, it is very much appreciated,

many thanks

Stefan

Social source share

just a short reminder that I have not gotten the records back yet, so if anyone sees or hears something that could be helpful, it is very much appreciated,

many thanks

Stefan

boxing.gifHi Stefan, I wont patronize you but as I have said before until this happens to yourself know one knows the "if only,s" as such you have to accept your loss and although hard at the moment with your emotions and feelings leaping from anger to sadness, it would be wise to start the grief process now? However if you do hear any whispers on there whereabouts?? give me a shout I will get them back for you, try and unwind and relax without the use of chemicals? don't forget any news no matter how small if it,s a lead it.s a start? any one who knows or sees some of Stefan's Tunes please Contact me ph34r.gifDAVE (More Than Skin Deep)KIL.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert