Ebay Bootleggers 84 Items Now

Kevinkent

• Replies 62
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know who this blatant bootlegger is ??? "Northern soul CDs by Northern soul people"......160 CDs on offer.

It's clearly someone with a decent knowledge of the music and scene, judging by the tracks used on the CDs....the guy even lists the book value next to the tracks.....some people have got no sense of morality angry.gif

https://alacartecds.vpweb.co.uk/

[url="https://www.alacartecdss.vpweb.co.uk/"]

Social source share

Does anyone know who this blatant bootlegger is ??? "Northern soul CDs by Northern soul people"......160 CDs on offer.

It's clearly someone with a decent knowledge of the music and scene, judging by the tracks used on the CDs....the guy even lists the book value next to the tracks.....some people have got no sense of morality angry.gif

https://alacartecds.vpweb.co.uk/

They even dare to publish a "United Artist Tribute" CD...if one would only forward this fact they surely would receive a H E A V Y law suit....

Social source share

I've come to the conclusion that despite our efforts here and comments that nothing will be done to stamp this out, although it's not right it's been going on hand in hand with the Northern scene since the year dot and is something that will never stop, all we can do is not subscribe to bootlegs in any shape or form, all the time there is demand for bootlegs then the supply will continue, perhaps the case to collect within your means and be content and happy doing it the original way be it little cheapies or the big ticket items, if the likes of Universal can't be bothered to investigate and seek litigation then what chance have we got?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I've been in Beatin' Rhythm this afternoon to drop some fliers off and pick up a copy of the latest Brown & Koppell price guide

(well I do enjoy a good belly laugh now and then, and this has ribsplitters on every page, however I digress...)

and was astonished to see the amount of shite, ahem, "Reissues" available in there at a tenner a pop.

If half of them are legitimate I'll eat my not-inconsiderably-sized hat.

Social source share

I've come to the conclusion that despite our efforts here and comments that nothing will be done to stamp this out, although it's not right it's been going on hand in hand with the Northern scene since the year dot and is something that will never stop, all we can do is not subscribe to bootlegs in any shape or form, all the time there is demand for bootlegs then the supply will continue, perhaps the case to collect within your means and be content and happy doing it the original way be it little cheapies or the big ticket items, if the likes of Universal can't be bothered to investigate and seek litigation then what chance have we got?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sadly I think you're right, I've been reporting bootleggers to e-bay every time I go on, but they're all still in business.

Social source share

As a sort of aside (and I have NO DOUBT it's 100% legal) but I'm afraid I have to say that the mastering on JoeBoy's Precisions CD is garbage (Pete's just bought it to add to the mound of CDs he's just got - think he's racing me on vinyl) - it's clearly taken from vinyl and VERY badly done to boot - I'd get better cuts off my own system using my own vinyl copies of the records (there's only the unissued stuff and one of the Bs I don't have).

Dave

Social source share

A friend bought one of the A La Carte CDs. Only to find it was not only a boot, but many of the tracks were of such poor quality they sounded as though they were simply recorded by someone standing in front of a speaker!

Yes they seem to use any available source so while some are perfect quality, others are recorded from very low quality mp3's obviously downloaded from the net. I have to say though, some of the compilations are very imaginitive and interesting.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Just reported it.....let's see if ebay 'actually' do anything about this.......I'll just sit & watch this paint dry shall I?...lol

KTF

Baz

I've just reported the George Pepp, reckon if two or three people report each of the now 93 listings this will do the trick and Ebay may actually act on this, disgrace and I so hope the fuckers get what's coming to them.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

It's ok reporting & complaining & whinging but if people didn't buy the bloody things there'd be no market for them there go nobody to sell to, so it's our scene's fault for perpetuating it by buying the bloody stuff, SHAME ON US, thank God I stopped collecting & sold up in 81, now what was that website address again.whistling.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"Dancers don't actually give a sh*t what's on the turntable, only the Dj's & Collectors do",

Spot. shades.gif

Social source share

I also said that the rest were bootlegs

Keep it going Guys

Ive just reported the Adventurers & Larry Atkins

wow..troy dodds,betty moerer,tony daniels !! these are all cold boots !! what kind of garbage is that ??l never seen the seller until l read this thread....thanx for the heads up guys !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert