Guest the dukester

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

JUST ANOTHER GIRL - CARLA

HOW OFTEN DOES IT COME UP FOR SALE? PRICE?

Cheers

Dukes

quite often mate, been on a few lists on here recently, got mine off ebay i think about 4 yrs ago, sold it on ebay 2 yrs ago - was picking up £100-150 them days

great dancer btwthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

not a fraction as good as the flip imho -bueatiful mid tempo Detroit of the highest standard!!!

BAZ A

Always used to think the rhythm track sounded a little like Bobby Williams "Baby i need your love"?

Martyn

Social source share

not a fraction as good as the flip imho -bueatiful mid tempo Detroit of the highest standard!!!

BAZ A

Yep a much better track! (likewise Not Only A Girl Knows on the other side of the Victors - used to spin it at the thinnest excuse - which reminds me I MUST buy that one back)

My copy used to play perfectly on a cheapo deck, but jumps like hell on my new deck (the headbanger side) - guess its grooves are just to violent for a modern needle.

Dave

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

Yep a much better track! (likewise Not Only A Girl Knows on the other side of the Victors - used to spin it at the thinnest excuse - which reminds me I MUST buy that one back)

My copy used to play perfectly on a cheapo deck, but jumps like hell on my new deck (the headbanger side) - guess its grooves are just to violent for a modern needle.

Dave

I used to have the demo, visually mintish but randomly jumped, and as far as I am aware lots do, seems the issue is a safer option, or it could just be me :thumbup:

Social source share

I've had both West Coast styrene and East Coast vinyl white demos...no problems with either.

:thumbsup:

Lucky you :thumbup: Bought mine about 10 years ago and at the time I remember talking to a few that did have problems with the demo, not all but enough to make me think maybe the issue might be a better option,

Social source share

BAZ A

True yes.gif

When I lived in London I bought, then sold soon after, a minter for £40 - random moment I think. Then it got plays.

Eventually got another copy but it is only VG so this side crackles sad.gif

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

True yes.gif

When I lived in London I bought, then sold soon after, a minter for £40 - random moment I think. Then it got plays.

Eventually got another copy but it is only VG so this side crackles sad.gif

Their other un on Carla ain't too shabby either "Everybody's Got Some Soul"yes.gif

Social source share

Their other un on Carla ain't too shabby either "Everybody's Got Some Soul"yes.gif

Yeah! Backed with 'You Can't keep A Good Man Down'...2 cracking sides. Mine's a demo.

My red Carla issue of 'Just Another Girl / There Must Be A Reason' came from 'Soul Bowl' around 1986 for £25.....plays perfectly. I always thought the 'Just Another Girl' side sounded like the 'Three Caps' (Capitols).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert