• Replies 134
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

Seventh Wonder - Captain Of My Ship (W/G)

Brilliant. Loved this at Wigan. Definately a shuffler to keep with the beat.

Someone mentioned Lover earlier, another one where you have to hit the beat just right to keep with it and Keni Lewis (NTMK) is a brilliant dancer as well, but i can see how it could get difficult.

Seventh Wonder makes me think of similar records that you know are long or have slower breaks and you pace yourself throughout, saving yourself for the fast bits, i suppose the Chandlers is one of those.

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Havent read through all these posts so apologies if ive duplicated a post.

Im currently putting my US 60s in to a database and am about to enter..

THIRD AVENUE BLUES BAND It's Got To Be Love Revue

Another I was only discussing a couple of weeks back when I had lunch with my pal , and the arranger of this record. (Jimmy Wisner) :

DONNIE BURKES Satisfaction Guaranteed Decca

Remember them?

On with the one finger typing...

David

Edited by veep1296
Social source share

Guest sarahleen

I was going to add that, but on listening again it's not actually as fast as I like to think it is - if that makes sense laugh.gif.

Edit to remove a rogue smiley

another one that you dont think is fast but is , if that makes sense laugh.gif

detroit soul - all of my life

Social source share

another one that you dont think is fast but is , if that makes sense laugh.gif

detroit soul - all of my life

good.gif That's just the sort that confuses me. It sneaks up pretending to be a respectable mid/up-tempto song on the face of it, but then there's a sort of manic drumming hiding in the background!

Social source share

Guest sarahleen

One that springs to mind is James Wesley Smith "Talkin about woman" Or is it just the beat that makes dancing to it slightly difficult to keep up with?

yes.gif the beat is how a dancer keeps time , usually.

thats why flippin jazz with its "freestyle" is so hard to dance to i guess, crazy daddio's smile.gif

Edited by sarahleen
Social source share

Guest sarahleen

Well thank you for clarifying that! Its just JWS feels very awkward to dance to smile.gif

was worried my post came across as a bit arrogant or stating the obvious .unsure.gif lol . but i love wondering what makes a song a dancer , how it ticks .

yes the JWS , all over the flippin shop , mad cha cha beat kinda thingy but not , strange

i think sometimes songs are deceptive , as webby , i think, mentions above .

think my last played on here is deceptive (- war - me and baby brother) . well funked up but quite down tempo and sounds even more slowed down on this refosoul clip !glare.gif , as if it needed it lol

Edited by sarahleen
Social source share

Guest sarahleen

Holding on - Gary Sole

Is it just me but the tempo starts ok and then sneakily gets faster

think so too marge , how odd it is !

another odd one - ronnie mcneir - now shes gone - . love it but arrrrgh

another just noticed somewhere on here - rubin - youv been away

Edited by sarahleen
Social source share

The last 30 seconds of Johnny Thunder 'Groovy Two Shoes' is deceptive and dangerous....one surefire cardiac risk!

For 'awkward/difficult/impossible' I'll go for Chuck Jackson 'I Only Get This Feeling' hypo.gif

Social source share

Havent read through all these posts so apologies if ive duplicated a post.

Im currently putting my US 60s in to a database and am about to enter..

THIRD AVENUE BLUES BAND It's Got To Be Love Revue

Another I was only discussing a couple of weeks back when I had lunch with my pal , and the arranger of this record. (Jimmy Wisner) :

DONNIE BURKES Satisfaction Guaranteed Decca

Remember them?

On with the one finger typing...

David

Donnie Burkes - Blinding, prozac-happy and compulsive...Brill record!!

Social source share

"THIRD AVENUE BLUES BAND - It's Got To Be Love Revue" I bought this on Dave Flynn's advice, which was to buy it and play at least -2, gives it a whole new reading...

One I always loved, from a Sebastian CD I think?? Stu Gardner - How Do You Feel / A&M F**** Fast record but very good, throw in Vicki Anderson - No More Heartaches, no more Pain / King, what a Fabulous Driving track this is!!!boxing.gif so if you buy it it also shares the same flip "Never find a Love like Mine" as the Brownettes on king... Not fast but very very F**** good!!

Don't you Just love all these records!!! wicked.gif

Mal.C>

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

"... and now what can i do- i can't go on without you- i want somebody- somebody help me if you can..." ph34r.gif cant remember the artist but the "break" was certainly frenetic!!!

The Majestees- "Take Back All These Things" in my humble opinion, is one of the best. and as fast as you likethumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Dark Horse

250138190540.jpgwicked.gif Keep em coming !

Here's 3 1) Jewels-We got togetherness.2) 'Q'- That's the Way. 3) Eugene Church- Dollar Bill (Mental or what!!)
Social source share

Guest aintgotit

thank you baby by the soul brothers six, the nomads somethings bad and too much a part of me by patti austin dont make dancin the complete piece of piss it used to be, where,s me "dancing kens spinning shoes" and hi speed talc.

Social source share

Bobby Brown - why - verve

BOBBY BROWN-WHY-VERVE -

TUNES LIKE THIS ARE HARD TO DANCE TO BECAUSE IT'S RATHER MESSY. A HARD DRIVING BEAT MAKES A TUNE A LOT EASIER TO DANCE TO.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert