• Replies 134
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Music - Jeanette White and Gonna Get along with You - Vibrations.

Never here em now would need paramedics at side of dance floor if they were played:ohmy:

Social source share

Thanks Ken,

Weird and interesting!!

I think Mac could have done with Katie to calm him down!

Cheers Bo.

Spencer - searching for love - Midtown promo -

Social source share

Guest sarahleen

Are we talking The Chandlers-Your Love Makes Me Lonely?? thumbsup.gif

tumbleweed3.gif yes webby , and what are you supposed to do in tha "wooooo woooo" "and ill take you baaaaaack" bit . nightmare

Social source share

and what about - royal esquires - aint gonna run unsure.gif

I was going to add that, but on listening again it's not actually as fast as I like to think it is - if that makes sense :ohmy:.

Edit to remove a rogue smiley

Edited by JSF
Social source share

Guest sarahleen

I was going to add that, but on listening again it's not actually as fast as I like to think it is - if that makes sense laugh.gif.

it does make sense , its funny you should say that .

i played it at home before i came out and thought is it that fast ? but then i tried dancing to it ohmy.gif

got a mad jazz thing to it . its fast , lol . imho

Social source share

i agree with whoever said it was the beat and how you dance rather than the speed of the tune...

i can dance to most four to the floor rhythms its those that are on the back beat or after the beat if ya know what i mean !...not sure of the musical term even though i played the drums for years

examples would be heatwave,who who song and higher and higher,too many fish in the sea..the kittens tune mentioned and as long as i got my baby jackie day...i think ..havnt played it in a while

where as if the drummer hits that snare four times on the beat im in heaven ...and can normally keep up !

Social source share

Now this is what l call a thread!!! Nothing Can Compare To You-Velvet Satins :yes:

Debbie - That Velvet Satins track is one of my favorite records to dance to :yes:

I have never found a record that is too fast to dance to, the faster the better i say! good.gif

And when i do fancey something slow & relaxing to dance to, i have a gentle leap around to Gene Chandler-There Was A Time :ohmy:

Edited by parkash
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Melba Moore - Magic touch

Dream Team - Im not satisfied

LOVE EM BOTH BUT WATCH PEEPS BLOWING OUT THEIR ARSES BEFORE THE TUNE FINISHES thumbup.gif

Social source share

Seventh Wonder - Captain Of My Ship (W/G)

Flaming Embers - Have Some Everybody (Fee)

seventh wonder, now we r gettin into disco laugh.gif

brainstorm - lovin is really my gameph34r.gif and back to the 60's

teardrops - here comes lonliness

vondells - hey girl youve changed

Social source share

ame='Miss Wasperella' date='01 October 2009 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1254428047' post='1162801']

get it here.......

https://www.thesoulgi...=seventh+wonder

Grant - Thanks very much for that - much appreciatedthumbup.gif Do you know I actually wish they would give it a play nowadays - it would be interesting to find out if people remembered it or even would dance to it - I personnaly love it especially for the memories - thanks againthumbup.gif

Social source share

Grant - Thanks very much for that - much appreciatedthumbup.gif Do you know I actually wish they would give it a play nowadays - it would be interesting to find out if people remembered it or even would dance to it - I personnaly love it especially for the memories - thanks againthumbup.gif

sure it would get a dance floor reaction, remember the floor at the ritz manchester bouncing to thisthumbsup.gif

Social source share

ame='Miss Wasperella' date='01 October 2009 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1254428047' post='1162801']

He was thin,tall,big eyes,black capped T-Shirt with P-Funk on it and danced near the mens bogs!!!Me & Grantdyche know who you mean..Best dancer l have ever seen!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Not sure where the mens toilet was - never went laugh.gif - but think the guy was tall - thin and he wore glasses too and the capped sleeve t-shirt if i remember correctlybiggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

Debbie - That Velvet Satins track is one of my favorite records to dance to thumbup.gif

I have never found a record that is too fast to dance to, the faster the better i say! good.gif

And when i do fancey something slow & relaxing to dance to, i have a gentle leap around to Gene Chandler-There Was A Time thumbsup.gif

harumph, try nellie the elephant by the new york dolls, or "and then i kicked her by slaughter and the dogs. or the flip side, frankie valli,s your ready now.

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

i agree with whoever said it was the beat and how you dance rather than the speed of the tune...

Like this you mean?

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=QDYvw4UDYV8

I think it's brill and still try and dance to it thumbsup.gif

i generally have a go at uptempo syncoated beats but generally go with the rythm of the tune,that way me feet are still facin the right way round at the end.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

seventh wonder, now we r gettin into disco laugh.gif

shhh.gif Silvetti - Spring Rain on Salsoul ohmy.gifohmy.giflaugh.gif .

But Seventh Wonder was a shuffler - yes.gif , but who cares.

Would agree with the Damon Fox - Packing Up, as half way through the production, a changed musical arrangement - that is so out of keeping, with the rest of this song - did confuse many.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guest sarahleen

i think did at a local last year , but yeah me too, id still give it a go

"woooo wooo. . . . get on board"

Edited by sarahleen
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!