Tojo On Tec Records

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

Back in the day :thumbup: I'm sure my old copy of this had the address under the TEC, in the runn out there is TM-2268 it looks like the vynil was still soft when this was done it's not stamp but not just a scratch in job, Anyone have a copy with address they can post up?post-4570-125395740403_thumb.jpg

TOJO - BROKEN HEARTED LOVER -

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Perception

Back in the day rolleyes.gif I'm sure my old copy of this had the address under the TEC, in the runn out there is TM-2268 it looks like the vynil was still soft when this was done it's not stamp but not just a scratch in job, Anyone have a copy with address they can post up?post-4570-125395740403_thumb.jpg

TOJO - BROKEN HEARTED LOVER -

Steve J

My copy does not have an address on it. Maybe it was another release on Tec you are thinking of with an address.

Does anyone know who Tojo is? Proper name, recording history?

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

My copy does not have an address on it. Maybe it was another release on Tec you are thinking of with an address.

Does anyone know who Tojo is? Proper name, recording history?

Thanks for the reply, You may well be right about it being another release :lol:

The only other one on Tec i have at the moment is the Fawns and i'd never noticed before but it is diffrent fron the Tojo issue.

post-4570-12542124315203_thumb.jpg

I've just noticed the Bacon Fat Music-Inc on the Fawns track, Is there a conection between Bacon Fat Music and Bacon Fat records?

post-4570-12542131757182_thumb.jpg

Steve J

post-4570-12542131757182_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Guest Perception

Thanks for the reply, You may well be right about it being another release :thumbup:

The only other one on Tec i have at the moment is the Fawns and i'd never noticed before but it is diffrent fron the Tojo issue.

Just checked and "Broadway Sissy" - Roscoe and Friends has the address on the label, and slightly different label design again.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Love this record one of my faves and would never sell it. My copy has in its run out grooves an intricate inscription saying Richard & Barbara 1980 always wondered who these people were.Also would lve o know who Tojo really is any theories from anyone ?

Social source share

TEC Washington-DC

Washington DC label which eventually moved out of the District and into Pennsylvania during the 70s'. Below are DC recordings prior to the move.

1071 JJ&G - That's What I Get (For Loving You) / Keep on Marching

3001 TNT Tribble And His Band - Do It Like You Wanna / Get That Monkey Off My Back

3005 Gene Austin - I Want To Talk To You / The Whip

3007 The Four Jewels - Baby It's You / She's Wrong For You Baby

3010 Roscoe and Friends - Watermelon Man / Do Watcha' Know

3011 Tojo - Broken Hearted Lover / Blue Lover

3012 Roscoe and Friends - Barnyard Soul / Broadway Sissy

3015 The Fawns - Girl in Trouble / Bless You

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

TEC Washington-DC

Washington DC label which eventually moved out of the District and into Pennsylvania during the 70s'. Below are DC recordings prior to the move.

1071 JJ&G - That's What I Get (For Loving You) / Keep on Marching

3001 TNT Tribble And His Band - Do It Like You Wanna / Get That Monkey Off My Back

3005 Gene Austin - I Want To Talk To You / The Whip

3007 The Four Jewels - Baby It's You / She's Wrong For You Baby

3010 Roscoe and Friends - Watermelon Man / Do Watcha' Know

3011 Tojo - Broken Hearted Lover / Blue Lover

3012 Roscoe and Friends - Barnyard Soul / Broadway Sissy

3015 The Fawns - Girl in Trouble / Bless You

3003 Buddy Owens - Sugar Lump / Bon Voyage

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!