Superstar Dj Here We Go

ImberBoy

Superstar DJ here we go

Itchin 4 a scratch mixin n messin

I know we have many DJ's on here who have distinguished themselves in many genres, have any of you sampled or mixed and Northern tracks?

If so let's hear em

The only mixed track I know of is by Frank Popp Ensemble?

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Superstar DJ here we go

Itchin 4 a scratch mixin n messin

I know we have many DJ's on here who have distinguished themselves in many genres, have any of you sampled or mixed and Northern tracks?

If so let's hear em

The only mixed track I know of is by Frank Popp Ensemble?

Must admit Simon...I'm surprised it hasn't been done more...especially when you think the pool of new finds is ever drying up.

There are loads of tunes out there that are ok but they are just not quite top notch... & make you think...if only they had a different chorus...or a sax break etc etc.

Would have thought there must be some skillful music editors out there who could have an attempt ?

Social source share

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=fiLyAw656xUmmm dont know what happenend there, anyway is this the kind of thing you mean, some great mixes on "verve remixed 4",DINAH WASHINGTON,NINA SIMONE,MARLENA SHAW,JAMES BROWN.

this is the kenny dope mix of nina simone,s take care of business

I REALLY.. No !! - I mean, 'REALLY' like THAT !! good.gif

(Great thread, incidentally, Simon.. thumbsup.gif )

How do I get hold of a copy then ?? ph34r.gif I'm presuming it is available in Vinyl format ?? g.gifhuh.gif

I LIKE that.. !! yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

It would fill a 'void' in my box, left by the newly vacated (Devil's work 45 !! - apparently.. whistling.gif ) :

** 'From of the 26 a (safe) bet deduction of two-score - & tri less (??) in the short road !! With levels of heat involved allowing some pity'. **

** [encoded- IN CASE MY POSTS ARE BEING MONITORED FOR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT BY THE SOUL POLICE..] **

Miss Simone would be a MORE than worthy - and much more appropriate boundary tester - to fill the void.

(A now, VERY needy.. ) Fingers excl.gif

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Quite some years ago now, Chriis Clark & Frank Wilson were mixed together to make a duet as was Jackie Wilson & Erma Franklin.

Russ

/quote]

Am I correct in thinking Mr Warot is a 'bit of an authority' on BOTH those mixes you mention, Russ ?? g.gifwicked.gif

Whilst (at the same time..) undertaking a SERIOUSLY 'Intensive Course' (is CRASH the right word ?? biggrin.gif) of education - to a degree that not any 'common-or-garden' music.. 'Fan' is (normally) privvy too.

I think he learned quite a lot (quite quickly, too excl.gif) about some of the intracasies & inner-workings involved in the 'make-up' of a 'machine' the likes of a large, multi-national corporation that owns 'vast' music label catalogues ?? whistling.gifboxing.giftongue.gif

Ring 'bells' for anybody else ?? innocent.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Guest neiltomo

I did an extended version of 'Teacher Man' by Barbara St Clair a few months ago - built in a long intro and a couple of bits and bobs here and there.....

Cheers, neiltomo

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert