The Greatest Black Voice,male Ever

Guest toaster

Hi ya,ll.Had my good pal Matty Turner down today,no he is not currently care in the community,I just feed him once a week!The greatest Black voice for me,David Ruffin,for him,Levi Stubbs.When Ruffin sings i want to crawl into a hole and weep!your thoughts,if you can be bothered!

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi ya,ll.Had my good pal Matty Turner down today,no he is not currently care in the community,I just feed him once a week!The greatest Black voice for me,David Ruffin,for him,Levi Stubbs.When Ruffin sings i want to crawl into a hole and weep!your thoughts,if you can be bothered!

toaster will do female later on::...............:)

Edited by diddy morgan
Social source share

Guest Dirk Tiggler

Must admit Jackie Wilson's a hard act to follow. There's some great voices besides him, many who recorded on Motown but yeah, stick with Jackie.

Social source share

Jackie (no doubt about it) Wilson whistling.gif

Agreed totally. The sheer scale of his catalogue and the musical genres he embraced put him way out ahead. Never mind his range and technical abilities which were second to none.thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Guest stevejan

Marvin Junior

Marvin Gaye

Frankie Beverley

Not always in that order...depends on the hour..

Social source share

Guest soulalone

Agreed totally. The sheer scale of his catalogue and the musical genres he embraced put him way out ahead. Never mind his range and technical abilities which were second to none.thumbsup.gif

Not to mention the dancing !

Social source share

For me it must be Elvis's favourite artist

Mr Roy Hamilton

The depth, warmth and quality of his voice always blows me away be it a tear jerking ballad or an uptempo mover

If only he hadnt died at an early age

Steve

Social source share

Any room in the hole Tim, Ruffins the man but a prime time Bobby Womack disputes the title, different this one, but listen to Smokey on a lot of his not so well known stuff "Baby Baby don,t cry" for example, the man is a genius, oh so soulful, Lee Jones from the Masqueraders, the late George Smith from the Manhattans, be back when I think of or play some more.

Keep in touch mate

Kev

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

What's a black voice?

Coming from a time when less than half the households in GB had a telly (And our house was in the majority) I never really thought about the colour of the artists, but upon finding out I do recall being a little surprised to find out that Chuck Berry and Nat King Cole weren't white and Elivs Presley and Bill Medley weren't black, and if I hadn't known before I'd even heard him that Jones the Voice was Welsh I suspect I'd have had him as black as well.

So I guess I'm asking are you really looking for 'black voices' or just black singers whatever they actually sound like?

The answer's still going to be Little Richard, but I'm curious...

Social source share

I think Eddie Levert is hard to beat especially in the 70's.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert