Guest posstot

• Replies 14
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes, I would say that the Mighty Lovers on the yellow issue is significantly harder than the Ideals on the purple label.

The Mighty Lovers' copy is also on vinyl rather than styrene - which many people prefer.

Price-wise, Manship's Guide has the Mighty Lovers at £250 and the Ideals at £200 - both prices too high IMO by about £100 - but the price differential is probably fair.

Many copies I have seen of both releases have been a bit rough.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Yes, I would say that the Mighty Lovers on the yellow issue is significantly harder than the Ideals on the purple label.

The Mighty Lovers' copy is also on vinyl rather than styrene - which many people prefer.

Price-wise, Manship's Guide has the Mighty Lovers at £250 and the Ideals at £200 - both prices too high IMO by about £100 - but the price differential is probably fair.

Cheers

Richard

I've got an ideals , is there any difference in the two versions ?
Social source share

I've got an ideals , is there any difference in the two versions ?

THANKS for the replys.

I thought the yellow was the harder, and i have a copy in excellent nic. As for difference in the two discs. there is a difference in production audibly in the discs. which is why i have the yellow "mighty lovers" a little more earthy in sound for me that cut.

Social source share

THANKS for the replys.

I thought the yellow was the harder, and i have a copy in excellent nic. As for difference in the two discs. there is a difference in production audibly in the discs. which is why i have the yellow "mighty lovers" a little more earthy in sound for me that cut.

also a white demo to this that is exceedingly hard, even seen one with hand written label credits somewhere.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Cheers

Richard

hi,

how much do you think this one is worth,

joe,

BOO-GA-LOO # BL-108 # IDEALS / THE MIGHTY LOVER / THE MIGHTY LOVER with demo sticker ( see scan )

post-5744-1253908226357_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest posstot

also a white demo to this that is exceedingly hard, even seen one with hand written label credits somewhere.

BRI PINCH.

Never even seen one Bri.(demo that is). this is me waiting to see onetumbleweed3.gif

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Just Searched >>> PopSike.com <<< A Couple Of Blue Label Copies (One's A DEMO)

PopSike.com

4829393507.jpg

PopSike.com

280226437338.jpg

PopSike.com

380031492836.jpg

PopSike.com

250420487004.jpg

Never actually seen a blue one, yellow and purple but not blue. I know this thread is now some 3.5 years old but you can pick a good one up today for about £100/120 most of the purple ones tend to be VG/VG+ although I did see a mint one about 7 months ago.

Anybody know anything about the group ? Lloyd Robinson, Lonnie Turner, Luke Lucas, Willie Howard.

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

I've been after a Mighty Lovers in mint condition for ages,if anyone has one for sale please pm me. Thanks Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert