• Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Loves made a connection- Seton

:good:

Fantastic track! I've played it out quite a few times, sounds superb on a big system.

Hope you find one...but they are pretty scarce.

Lou Barreto (the writer) has been in contact with me over the past year or so, he is planning a limited re-release for this 45.

I provided the label scans and soundfiles of both sides but im not sure when the release will be available.

regards

paul

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Fantastic track! I've played it out quite a few times, sounds superb on a big system.

Lou Barreto (the writer) has been in contact with me over the past year or so, he is planning a limited re-release for this 45.

I provided the label scans and soundfiles of both sides but im not sure when the release will be available.

regards

paul

Been playing this too, and it's only going to grow in popularity once it becomes better known.

Awesome tune.

Martyn

Social source share

Any chance of someone posting a sound file for the benefit of us un-initiated, please ???? huh.gif

Anything I've heard from this group - even their doowoppy early ditties - has appealed to me. After a discussion about said 45 with A.N.Other at Burnley's Kestrel Suite 'Niter, on Saturday, I'm intrigued to hear this outing.

People that DO know of it / have it speak ONLY very highly of it.. Just to make me feel, even MORE, that I'm MISSING OUT !! & not privvy to an invite to this 'party'..

Fingers.. 6.gif

Social source share

Any chance of someone posting a sound file for the benefit of us un-initiated, please ???? huh.gif

Anything I've heard from this group - even their doowoppy early ditties - has appealed to me. After a discussion about said 45 with A.N.Other at Burnley's Kestrel Suite 'Niter, on Saturday, I'm intrigued to hear this outing.

People that DO know of it / have it speak ONLY very highly of it.. Just to make me feel, even MORE, that I'm MISSING OUT !! & not privvy to an invite to this 'party'..

Fingers.. 6.gif

Stuart played it on Saturday night at Burnley John. Must have been before you got there. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Fingers.. 6.gif

Stuart played it on Saturday night at Burnley John. Must have been before you got there. thumbsup.gif

ohmy.gif TYPICAL !! 6.gif

Story of my life... king.giftongue.gif(GREAT night tho, Phil good.gif)

Fingers smile.gif

Social source share

Fingers.. 6.gif

Have a listen to the second 45 in this you tube clip...

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Okay.. Dug out my 'Hypnotised' album - it's on there.. Is it the same cut !?! - can anyone confirm yey or nay for defo ??

Sounded very similar but (maybe ??) different??

(A very tired, now..) Fingers shades.gif

I always thought the Lp mix is different compared to the single, it sounds weak and lacks that oomph of the 45,

The French EP does turn up now and again but the single is pretty rare, one of my all time top 10 tunes!

I'll play both the Tiaras & Linda Jones tracks at the next Morley Carr event for ya! thumbsup.gif

regards

paul

Social source share

I always thought the Lp mix is different compared to the single, it sounds weak and lacks that oomph of the 45,

The French EP does turn up now and again but the single is pretty rare, one of my all time top 10 tunes!

I'll play both the Tiaras & Linda Jones tracks at the next Morley Carr event for ya! thumbsup.gif

regards

paul

Well in keeping with your Morley Carr SOULosophy too then, Paul. thumbsup.gif

And yet ANOTHER reason to make sure I see early doors.. thumbup.gif

ONE WEEK on Saturday whistling.gif

Looking forward already - little kiddy that I am when excited yes.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

Social source share

Well in keeping with your Morley Carr SOULosophy too then, Paul. thumbsup.gif

And yet ANOTHER reason to make sure I see early doors.. thumbup.gif

ONE WEEK on Saturday whistling.gif

Looking forward already - little kiddy that I am when excited yes.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

out of interest what do you rate the french linda jones 45 at moneywise ?

Social source share

regards

paul

Fantastic uptempo dancer this is just the type of track that needs playing pure northern soul and not known to many.I first heard it mid 90s and it blew me away

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

:laugh:That's the exact same question I would have been asking you on the 10th :laugh::laugh:

Wouldn't know where to even START putting a value on that LJ, Paul. Hazarding a (very hit & miss) guess I would imagine it would have to start at low three figures ?? I'm by no means any sort of expert, though. I do like me pic cover 45's /E.P.'s, but have never purpously sought out only the rarer pieces - rather, anything & everything - my main appeal derived more from the sleeve aspect. Added bonus, in a lot of cases with european output is the otherwise unissued gems. :thumbup:

By time the 10th comes around I shall have a 200 count sales box with me that will contain only pic sleeve items.. Most in the very low price bracket and a few 'select' low three figure bits, too. :good:

Fingers :smile:

Social source share

laugh.gifThat's the exact same question I would have been asking you on the 10th laugh.giflaugh.gif

Wouldn't know where to even START putting a value on that LJ, Paul. Hazarding a (very hit & miss) guess I would imagine it would have to start at low three figures ?? I'm by no means any sort of expert, though. I do like me pic cover 45's /E.P.'s, but have never purpously sought out only the rarer pieces - rather, anything & everything - my main appeal derived more from the sleeve aspect. Added bonus, in a lot of cases with european output is the otherwise unissued gems. thumbup.gif

By time the 10th comes around I shall have a 200 count sales box with me that will contain only pic sleeve items.. Most in the very low price bracket and a few 'select' low three figure bits, too. good.gif

Fingers smile.gif

Regarding the Linda Jones EP cut which is a different one to the LP version, Tim Brown mentioned it in Manifesto some years back around 2004/05? Not long after played it out at the Union Nottingham when that was in full flow, sounded pretty good.

Heard also that Tim Brown had a copy of the Tiara's for sale, some time before that. At the time was inconversation with Ginger about it as i think Tim offered it to him? Said he didn't know it, so said i'd play it down the phone for him as a recommendation. Showed a complete lack of interest even though i was raving about it, didn't even want to listen to it.

Thought he was making a big mistake.

Social source share

I went into a shop the other day and asked for a brown pair of Tricker's shoes. The gentleman behind the counter said he didn't have any for sale, although he did own a pair himself. In fact, it transpired that he has owned several black pairs previously and also has a brand new pair of brown ones in the bottom of his wardrobe but they're not currently for sale. Very kindly, he actually emailed his wife at one stage and she was good enough to scan them and forward the picture to me; they were really lovely and just what I am looking for. Unfortunately, however, he said they weren't for sale - how frustrating.

He then provided me with a really informative potted history of this famous marque and we happily discussed the relative merits of leather vs man-made soles, breathability (naturally), heel wear and cobbling per se. Finally, after some 17 hours - by which time the shop had closed because dusk had enveloped it, although he was still remarkably encouraging and happy to give of his time and knowledge, which I fully appreciated - I left the shop. Sadly, I remained empty handed (apart from the lovely scan of the gentleman's [not for sale] shoes of course) but a whole lot better informed. Overall, am I glad I asked him? g.gif

COME ON YOU TEASING BSTARDS, HAS ANY FOOKER GOT A COPY OF THE TIARAS FOR SALE? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by PhilT
Social source share

COME ON YOU TEASING BSTARDS, HAS ANY FOOKER GOT A COPY OF THE TIARAS FOR SALE? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

See !! If ONLY you was as nosey as ME, Phil - YOU might've been the one to 'bump' into the copy that I've 'located'. yes.gif

It's currently STILL under the (hopefully, soon to be, EX) ownership of a certain individual that I was talking to several days back. I thought he was looking to BUY one - turned out I jumped the gun with my 'assumption'.. He/She's got one to SELL !! ohmy.gifshhh.gif

All I've secured, thus far, is a 'First Refusal', but I'm armed with a little list of his current 'wants' so confident I can 'strike' a deal on part-trade / part-cash basis in the coming weeks shhh.gif

If I fail, though, I'll certainly pass you his/her details ..good.gif(for a small FEE) laugh.gif

Still no joy, Phil ??? wicked.gifboxing.gif

Fingers shades.gif

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

laugh.gifThat's the exact same question I would have been asking you on the 10th laugh.giflaugh.gif

Wouldn't know where to even START putting a value on that LJ, Paul. Hazarding a (very hit & miss) guess I would imagine it would have to start at low three figures ?? I'm by no means any sort of expert, though. I do like me pic cover 45's /E.P.'s, but have never purpously sought out only the rarer pieces - rather, anything & everything - my main appeal derived more from the sleeve aspect. Added bonus, in a lot of cases with european output is the otherwise unissued gems. thumbup.gif

By time the 10th comes around I shall have a 200 count sales box with me that will contain only pic sleeve items.. Most in the very low price bracket and a few 'select' low three figure bits, too. good.gif

Fingers smile.gif

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Fingers smile.gif

Ey up chaps,

Been living & working in the South of France for about 18 months now. About a year ago we were mooching around Antibes and walked right into a big record fare - "See you back here in 2 hours, go and buy some more handbags"

Main targets for me were the aforementioned LJ track "You Can't Take It" and also Spyder Turner's "I'm Alive With A Lovin Feeling" (which I already owned). Usual sketch - hours of wading through crap then at the final stall there was a small box called "R&B"

BINGO!thumbup.gif Got the LJ plus some other minor stuff "Can't Break The News", "Time" etc. 20 Euros, you beauty. Price-wise these days I'm sure I saw one listed on a set sale for 200 quid a few months ago, might have been 250. I think this is one of those that would skyrocket if a "big name" started plugging it. Absolute blinder of a record.

Label is a cracker too - I'll post up when I get home from work.

Cheers............Petegood.gif

Social source share

Ey up chaps,

Been living & working in the South of France for about 18 months now. About a year ago we were mooching around Antibes and walked right into a big record fare - "See you back here in 2 hours, go and buy some more handbags"

Main targets for me were the aforementioned LJ track "You Can't Take It" and also Spyder Turner's "I'm Alive With A Lovin Feeling" (which I already owned). Usual sketch - hours of wading through crap then at the final stall there was a small box called "R&B"

BINGO!thumbup.gif Got the LJ plus some other minor stuff "Can't Break The News", "Time" etc. 20 Euros, you beauty. Price-wise these days I'm sure I saw one listed on a set sale for 200 quid a few months ago, might have been 250. I think this is one of those that would skyrocket if a "big name" started plugging it. Absolute blinder of a record.

Label is a cracker too - I'll post up when I get home from work.

Cheers............Petegood.gif

Here it is........post-2737-12547669847127_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Source Advert