Some Price Info On Lashawn Collins

Guest nocount

Hi, i wonder what the right prices are for these?

Lashawn Collins - What You Gonna Do Now / Girl chooses The Boy (Blue Sincere label)

condition: VG++

-I've heard the blue label is the rarest?

GHETTO CHILDREN: Rat-A-Tat-Tat / I Just Gotta Find Someone To Love Me (CBS)

Condition: EX

Silk - Falling in Love isn't Easy / Come Over Here (Nation Records)

Condition: EX

Thanks for all help!

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi, i wonder what the right prices are for these?

Lashawn Collins - What You Gonna Do Now / Girl chooses The Boy (Blue Sincere label)

condition: VG++

-I've heard the blue label is the rarest? £250/300. although probably cheaper on ebay

GHETTO CHILDREN: Rat-A-Tat-Tat / I Just Gotta Find Someone To Love Me (CBS)

Condition: EX books high but dont know why. seen copies sell for nowt

Silk - Falling in Love isn't Easy / Come Over Here (Nation Records)

Condition: EX £40/50

Thanks for all help!

hope this helps

dave

Social source share

blue is far rarer and a different mix than the other three

Oh, do you know what the difference is? I'll have to try and find a good soundclip of the other ones!

Does anybody else now?

Thanks!

Edited by nocount
Social source share

MIGHT BE STATING THE OBVIOUS BUT IT USUALLY SHOWS UP ON YELLOW AND THEY ARE ALL BEAT. FINDING A CLEAN YELLOW COPY IS AS HARD AS THE 3 OTHER COLOURS IMVHO

DAVE

not true in my experience, I agree with the beat up thing on all copies but I've found multiple copies in all colors except I've pretty much never found a blue copy or seen a blue copy except at someone's house once and it was a different mix

Social source share

not true in my experience, I agree with the beat up thing on all copies but I've found multiple copies in all colors except I've pretty much never found a blue copy or seen a blue copy except at someone's house once and it was a different mix

Had this copy for years in my collection and never knew it was a different mix can only be very slight as not heard another colour copy back to back, just been in refosoul and about 7 soundclips,

Any how i have included a scan and soundclip of the blue one.

Enjoy

Andy

Ps have you got any info on lashawn collins Bob?

post-2453-12537380829163_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Thanks for all the answers. I can't hear any difference between the red and blue one. Anyone else?

I found my copy at a flea market in my hometown and i paid about £1 not knowing what i had bought :thumbup:

PM me if interested, I'm not impossible to deal with =)

Social source share

ame='drew' date='23 September 2009 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1253738519' post='1157676']

my friend has been trying to find lashawn collins and william sandy johnson (unsuccessfully) for about 7 years. Richard Pegue (RIP) and Renaldo Domino gave us some old addresses on William Sandy Johnson but we didn't get anywhere.

Thanks for the info Bob,would be great for your show if you could find either lashawn or sandy,talking of the show haven't listened for a while but heard one the other day and good to hear your high standards are being maintained.

Thanks

Bob

Social source share

on a quick listen this sounds the same to me, if it's different it's subtle. I would have to compare the records back to back to tell the difference or compare the deadwax to see if there's different plates.

I'm going to probably make things worse here cos I have definitely heard a different version BUT can't remember which colour of label it was g.gif

I'm sure it's the copy Baz Maleady has, so if he's reading this he might enlighten us?

It's not the yeller one cos that's all i have it on (Oh and the different version is either missing horns or backing vocals, can't remember which?)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I'm going to probably make things worse here cos I have definitely heard a different version BUT can't remember which colour of label it was g.gif

I'm sure it's the copy Baz Maleady has, so if he's reading this he might enlighten us?

It's not the yeller one cos that's all i have it on (Oh and the different version is either missing horns or backing vocals, can't remember which?)

Cheers

Steve

I Thought one was with the chimes and there is one without the chimes,but don`t

ask me which one is without the chimes :thumbup: ,my red copy has the chimes,if we all

have it on the various colours maybe we could work out the ones with and the ones without the chimes :thumbup::D

Dave f.............

Social source share

ask me which one is without the chimes :thumbup: ,my red copy has the chimes,if we all

have it on the various colours maybe we could work out the ones with and the ones without the chimes :thumbup::D

Dave f.............

always thort it wor the red copies that had the different mix, the blue and yellow copieis ARE the same, green ones never had one to play.

best, bri.

Social source share

Bri my Red copy plays the same as the sound clip on here, and i

take it that`s from a Blue copy..........

Dave f...............

SO THE CONCLUSION IS THE RED,BLUE,YELLOW MIXES ARE THE SAME, GREEN ANYBODY????????

BRI PINCH.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 18TH OCT, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

ask me which one is without the chimes no.gif ,my red copy has the chimes,if we all

have it on the various colours maybe we could work out the ones with and the ones without the chimes g.gifsmile.gif

Dave f.............

Yep, that's it Dave! Chimes!

There's definitely a version without chimes!

Let me contact Baz and ask him what color his copy is and that will give us the answer!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Yep, that's it Dave! Chimes!

There's definitely a version without chimes!

Let me contact Baz and ask him what color his copy is and that will give us the answer!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

i just compared deadwax of green vs. yellow and they're different.

green only says #1003 in bigger handwritten letters

yellow says 103-R and has something else scratched in later

i played them back to back and the green has no chimes and the yellow does.

i can't find my red copy to compare.

so i would say the blue is the rarest still but the green is the alternate mix.

there you go.

Social source share

i just compared deadwax of green vs. yellow and they're different.

green only says #1003 in bigger handwritten letters

yellow says 103-R and has something else scratched in later

i played them back to back and the green has no chimes and the yellow does.

i can't find my red copy to compare.

so i would say the blue is the rarest still but the green is the alternate mix.

there you go.

Nice one Bob thumbsup.gif

All you have to do now is find out why the Green label has no chimes???? Was it the first mix?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Nice one Bob thumbsup.gif

All you have to do now is find out why the Green label has no chimes???? Was it the first mix?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Jus picked up on this.......my copy is green (103) and does not have the chimes, i've always belived this to be the original mix with later copies re-mastered and the chimes added, kinda makes sense....and the credit is 'Lasawn'

Hope this helps

Best

Baz

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Here we are nearly three years on from this thread and yes I would agree with Bob the blue is very rare. But since then I would say the green label more stripped down mix is also.

in the last three years seen shed loads of Yellow and Red but no Green or Blue

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Are both sides different mixes on the green?

Thanks to Bob for clearing that up, so the flip is the same

I sawn one the other week, not sure if it was a blue. So they are all the same mix then.

No Bob is saying the flip 'Girl Chooses the boy' is the same, but the Green labeled WYGDN, is a different mix to Yellow and red

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert