Little Tommy

Ted Massey

• Replies 26
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I bought this off Chris Anderton at Congleton all nighter I think.

I paid £10 for it and Chris felt bad taking that much off me!

Granted, it wasn't a minter but it played ok and was perfectly presentable.

There are loads of these around and they come up for sale regularly.

Another one of those cases where demand outstrips rarity.

Social source share

yeah well i paid a grand for mine last year and there wasant many for sale then , and none under a grand , and the ones on flea bay didant sell for the price mentiond above or may be it did,but i know some that defo did not!!. i apear to be very unlucky these days as when am thinking of selling a record it drops in price like a stone acording to some and yet when am after one its worth fortunes , is it just me or what .but i do agree there seems to be a few turning up over the last year but then again there apears to be lots of things turning up , oh and the one on manships auction did a bit more than that i recall not to long ago

Social source share

Never a big money record back in the day, I sold mine for about a fiver.

I think Dave Fergie (veep) sold his for less than that.

Very much a case of demand outstrips rarity.

Social source share

Except I'm talking about Dickie Wonder not Little Tommy rolleyes.gif

See what happens to a girl when someone plays a punk/garage remix of Duffy out at a venue :ohmy:

Social source share

yeah well i paid a grand for mine last year and there wasant many for sale then , and none under a grand , and the ones on flea bay didant sell for the price mentiond above or may be it did,but i know some that defo did not!!. i apear to be very unlucky these days as when am thinking of selling a record it drops in price like a stone acording to some and yet when am after one its worth fortunes , is it just me or what .but i do agree there seems to be a few turning up over the last year but then again there apears to be lots of things turning up , oh and the one on manships auction did a bit more than that i recall not to long ago

Sorry Paul,

I was talking about DW!

See above post for reason why biggrin.gif

Social source share

Great tune good.gif and does have its moments when a few seem to be up for sale then you dont see a copy for sale for months on end, got to be a hundred plus out there somewhere,

About 2 month ago a minter went for £700 on Ebay then a copy goes for £1370 on JM then this copy for £1300ish last week,

to me its a £800 tune if mintish thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I'm with you Joan.... I keep on confusing these two records for some reason!

thats cos of the Mr Wiggles connection and both on Sounds Of Soul (DW also on Golden Triangle too) maybe :chinstroke:

Social source share

but it does seem to crop up week in week out. i nearly bought it for £200 10 years ago. still regret it. hopefully it`ll keep turning up and i`ll buy one for £200 next year

dave

sebastian williams seems to be a rarer record on the label but sells for much less and is a great double sider.

certainly seen less copies of SW in recent years the the LT.

Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

thats cos of the Mr Wiggles connection and both on Sounds Of Soul (DW also on Golden Triangle too) maybe g.gif

and they are both on the album FREE ANGELA on golden triangle with a different mix of BABY CANT YOU SEE listed as TYRONE THOMAS

and a bit slower, but for about 100pounds its a good way to own it.

Social source share

another one where ebay turned what used to be a real hard to get record into one being available every other week. Just check my old thread "de-rarified thru ebay".

I remember when I bought mine from Virginia and the seller who had been in business for 30 years already told me rthat this was the first ever that he saw/found.

Makes you wonder where all mint copies since then came from....

Social source share

and they are both on the album FREE ANGELA on golden triangle with a different mix of BABY CANT YOU SEE listed as TYRONE THOMAS

To my ears same take, just slowed down a bit. And the Free Angela LP is more towards 30-40 quid IMO.

Social source share

To my ears same take, just slowed down a bit. And the Free Angela LP is more towards 30-40 quid IMO.

Its defo a slightly different take Benji as the words are different at a certain part of the record 3/4s way through good.gif

i sold my mint copy for £100 beginning of the year and i know a few others have fetched that too thumbsup.gif

Social source share

it certainly is Pete good.gif

Social source share

Its defo a slightly different take Benji as the words are different at a certain part of the record 3/4s way through :good:

i sold my mint copy for £100 beginning of the year and i know a few others have fetched that too thumbsup.gif

A little bit more, Benji : Free Angela

I stand corrected on both accounts then whistling

But, honestly, prices for the album are certainly :ohmy::ohmy: It has always been around in quantities hasn't it?

Social source share

I stand corrected on both accounts then whistling.gif

But, honestly, prices for the album are certainly ohmy.gifohmy.gif It has always been around in quantities hasn't it?

they are about and plenty of minters too Benji and yeah the price is high but 2 great indemand tunes on 1 album though, my opinion its hould be about £50/60 good.gif

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Hi Dave,

I used to love it & regularly clear the floor at Bank Hall etc early 80s....I will have probably "given it away" along with Penetrations on Teri De, Chico Lamarr on Fuller etc.....:-(

Hope you are well David.

DF

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert