Are Records Sold On This Site More Expensive Than Average?

Pete S

Record Prices  

1. 1. In general, are prices offered by sellers on Soul Source

• a) cheaper than average
    • b) about average
    • c) a little on the expensive side
    • d) way over the top in too many cases
    • e) I'm a mug who pays mint prices for vg+ records

• Replies 136
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyone who sells rare records, should give a no quibble, money back guarantee. I always do, and in all those years, I think I have only had two back. And both admitted that they were very picky indeed.

Phil.

Quite right, it's pretty simple you put a sales list up people will buy them not buy them.pricing is something that comes with experience - i never ever use the guides if i'm cheap fine if i'm expensive fine... i certainly ain't into auctioning items never have infact- it really is a private transaction between seller and buyer - too much commenting on lists .forget soul-source or ebay or auctions for prices ,get on the shop floor at venues and do the deal.To gain peoples trust simply has to be earned like respect.

Social source share

free market- buyers do your research -dont buy if you have any concerns -get a price quide it might not be correct all the time but it is a quide and may help !!!

generally 100% of purchases from me have been smooth and no hassle or complaints records to usa/israel/far east and blackpool lol!

happy hunting folks!!

sellers should return if punter is not happy imo and give full money back!!

Social source share

free market- buyers do your research -dont buy if you have any concerns -get a price quide it might not be correct all the time but it is a quide and may help !!!

generally 100% of purchases from me have been smooth and no hassle or complaints records to usa/israel/far east and blackpool lol!

happy hunting folks!!

sellers should return if punter is not happy imo and give full money back!!

Yes one of the things that really bugs me is when someone sends you a faulty record and they ask you to return it but you have to pay the postage to send it back, sometimes costing £5 or more. Why? When I do a refund people get their money back plus both ways postage.

Social source share

Pete the members selling at high prices are they dealers or collectors?

if a dealer.. then they aren't gonna move them on..simple bad for customer services.. if you get a bad name for your self.. on soul source it sticks...

If a collector may be pricing high cause they are not bothered if they sell them or not.. as its from there collection..

"only sell if it I get top dollar"

Just my thought on it...:smile:

If a collector may be pricing high cause they are not bothered if they sell them or not.. as its from there collection..

"only sell if it I get top dollar"

I have experienced this while looking through WANTS, I may just have a spare copy of said record,

I feel It would help If we have an idea of what that person (Ball Park figure) may be looking at,

because at this point I need to know if they are being realistic in their expectations.

As you say a collector "they are not bothered if they sell them or not.. as its from there collection"

Reason being that if I was to sell the same record in the SALES SECTION then I would be commiting to a price.

As a Collector (Although it's natural to get the best price) it wouldn't be Top Dollar or nothing.

I think most of us have that "prepared to pay" or "prepared to sell for" figure on such records.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

He didn't buy it off me Nev.

Please do your research.

Sorry Pete

You sent it to Manships to get best price and Sam bought it???

splitting hairs either way.

Personally i don't honestly understand why people keep bringing up the subject of soulsource record prices.

Its the same old addage... they either sell or they don't ,i:e if theyre too expensive they wont shift so drop em.

I list em to raise money for wants ,most of the time i never get the price ,more a case of people pm me with a lesser offer..i agree and the deal is done.

I don't sell to live ,thankfully ,cos lately i've let most of em go for less than i paid:sad:

I'd like to see an end to the grading system cos there's no two alike...:chinstroke:

I'd hate to have anyone complain or be unhappy so if i sell something that has a particular flaw ,i detail it ,so buyer knows what theyre getting.

And if theyre not happy i'd take it back cos it's the decent thing to do ,and i'd expect the same treatment in return.

My biggest problem on here is from people who ask me to hold things,then either don't get back ,string me along for a few weeks and never pay:angry:

Most of all ,i don't like it when people interfere with people's sales ,with negative comments.

It's going on in wants section with Pete French post today.

Personally if you dont agree with prices ,haggle with seller via pm by all means ,but public slanging matches are not good.

Why don't we have a soulsource price guide ,so people can find out current price???

oh ,we already do ..it's called look at your box !

If your not sure ..just ask :good:

Social source share

Sorry Pete

You sent it to Manships to get best price and Sam bought it???

splitting hairs either way.

Personally i don't honestly understand why people keep bringing up the subject of soulsource record prices.

Its the same old addage... they either sell or they don't ,i:e if theyre too expensive they wont shift so drop em.

I list em to raise money for wants ,most of the time i never get the price ,more a case of people pm me with a lesser offer..i agree and the deal is done.

I don't sell to live ,thankfully ,cos lately i've let most of em go for less than i paid:sad:

I'd like to see an end to the grading system cos there's no two alike...:chinstroke:

I'd hate to have anyone complain or be unhappy so if i sell something that has a particular flaw ,i detail it ,so buyer knows what theyre getting.

And if theyre not happy i'd take it back cos it's the decent thing to do ,and i'd expect the same treatment in return.

My biggest problem on here is from people who ask me to hold things,then either don't get back ,string me along for a few weeks and never pay:angry:

Most of all ,i don't like it when people interfere with people's sales ,with negative comments.

It's going on in wants section with Pete French post today.

Personally if you dont agree with prices ,haggle with seller via pm by all means ,but public slanging matches are not good.

Why don't we have a soulsource price guide ,so people can find out current price???

oh ,we already do ..it's called look at your box !

If your not sure ..just ask :good:

If you can't discuss prices then you might as well close down the Look At Your Box section. When someone makes a comment about Pete's records they are justified, it's a talking point, the fact he's got a Sam Fletcher for £600 is definitely something for discussion. So make your mind up - we either discuss them or we don't.

And yes I gave John the acetate and he did a trade with it and then gave me some dosh, so I didn't sell it to Sam or anyone else.

Social source share

Like i said Pete

If you don't agree with prices haggle

Im sure Pete French is fully aware of record prices ,enough to know Sam Fletcher ain't a £600 record and i'm 99% certain he won't sell it.

My point is people who are not interested in his sales ,or other sales ,coming on and getting involved .

Unless you genuinly want it ,why get involved??

Social source share

Like i said Pete

If you don't agree with prices haggle

Im sure Pete French is fully aware of record prices ,enough to know Sam Fletcher ain't a £600 record and i'm 99% certain he won't sell it.

My point is people who are not interested in his sales ,or other sales ,coming on and getting involved .

Unless you genuinly want it ,why get involved??

Because it's a big talking point that's why!

Social source share

Actually if Im buying I don't like to haggle. If I buy a loaf I don't expect to waste my time arguing over it. I just like to see 45s priced up for sale with the condition listed alongside.

Anybody can overestimate the going rate but if it's more than the odd one and over a couple of listings Im afraid that's it for me and I don't even bother looking at future listings.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Because it's a big talking point that's why!

To who??

Sam Fletcher at £200 is OTT because theyre on ebay every week,in a sales list every week .

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Don't know prices ...learn em ....don't agree with prices ....don't buy em ......is this a crime or something ??

Is Soulsource one big happy family with a code of conduct regarding record prices ...i think not!

Mountains and mole hills springs to mind .

Social source share

Actually if Im buying I don't like to haggle. If I buy a loaf I don't expect to waste my time arguing over it. I just like to see 45s priced up for sale with the condition listed alongside.

I'm with you on that Rod, in fact sometimes I wonder if haggling does more harm than good as sellers just increase ticket price as they expect people to haggle (not just records of course, I believe this goes on with houses and cars too)

Social source share

To who??

Sam Fletcher at £200 is OTT because theyre on ebay every week,in a sales list every week .

Don't know prices ...learn em ....don't agree with prices ....don't buy em ......is this a crime or something ??

Is Soulsource one big happy family with a code of conduct regarding record prices ...i think not!

I've no idea what point you're trying to make. To borrow Rod's loaf of bread analogy; if I went into the bakers and the loaf that I usually buy for £1.20 was now £6.20, is that not something that should be discussed?

Social source share

I've no idea what point you're trying to make. To borrow Rod's loaf of bread analogy; if I went into the bakers and the loaf that I usually buy for £1.20 was now £6.20, is that not something that should be discussed?

Yes Pete but discuss it with the baker and not the whole shop is I suspect Nev's point and it's certainly mine.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Yes Pete but discuss it with the baker and not the whole shop is I suspect Nev's point and it's certainly mine.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

But it's a public forum. Not a secret society. And if you're right what have you got to worry about anyway? What does it matter to you what people such as myself think? F*ck all.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Me i say have it out in the bakers shop till the prices are lowered ,let the other customers know his bread is overpriced and if he dont like it tough !! should not have tried to sell me over priced bread.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Me i say have it out in the bakers shop till the prices are lowered ,let the other customers know his bread is overpriced and if he dont like it tough !! should not have tried to sell me over priced bread.

What if his baps are too hard?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Going by the prices that many sellers place on records sold on Soul Source, I'd say that most of these sellers take the customers for mugs. I see records priced, two, three even four times what they're actually worth. I see VG+ records offered at mint prices, all the time. Does anyone buy off these people? This week I've seen a dozen or so records offered in sales that I wouldn't have minded buying, but most of them are for sale at DOUBLE what I sell them for.

Either people who buy these records are very rich, or just not up to speed on what records are actually worth.

Why would anyone buy a VG+ record for £150 when they could buy a mint one for £125?

because it's northern soul..............a way of life

Social source share

Interesting debate

Yes some records on here seem high - ish but others are fair and cheap - ish.

The same ican also be said of prices at venues, record fairs, or any auction sites etc.

Some are saying that some are trying to sell records at over the top prices

Yet some are also saying that price guides are meaningless

Values of records are not cast in stone and do go up and down as fashion, popularity, renewed interest or lack of, dictate.

Price guides are what they say they are - just "guides" they are not definiive or in any way totally reliable.

So how can we define an over the top price?

Simples

It is the "going rate" that is the average prce that a particular record generally sells for that matters. Lets call that X

Then any copies of that record priced higher than X might me deemed "over the top"

BUT if that record does sell for higher than X then X is now higher than it was.

The driving factor for the urrent going rate of a record is the price that it sells for.

Buyers, and most collectors know that if the pricie that a record is offered for does not suit them they simply keep looking, or try to haggle.

If the record sells below X then in time X becomes lower than it was.

Rod summed it up simply with the Baker shop.

If priced too high don't waste your bread...

The baker can set his bread at whatever price he wants. It is up to the buyer to either buy it or find a cheaper baker if he can

But sometimes finding a decent loaf that you really want is not easy and in that case the "overpriced bread" might be a satisfying buy, especially if it is a rarely seen item.

In the end it is up to the buyer to decide the price he is willing to pay and to do the leg work to make sure he knows the current "going rate"

I know, I know - I shoud have used the scone annalagy instead of bread then the currant rate would have been more apt whistling.gif

Social source share

Pete

The way i see it is this.... you try to sell records for what you consider are competitive prices.No takers .. a few weeks later someone else lists same records for more ..hey presto ,they sell within a few hrs.

How can this be??.Gawd that is annoying ,why when i list em on SOULSOURCE ,not one pm ,then this other guy lists same record and it's sold in no timeohmy.gif

How frustrating is thatangry.gif

The strange world of northern soul!

Here's me thinking ,this county is corrupt ,with the people we are supposed to put our trust in (politicians),feathering their own nest with their expenses ,influential people getting away with a slap on the wrist for petty crimes,car manufacturers crying that business is slow and dreaming up scrappage deal,banking community gambling all our hard earned then getting government hand out to pay for bonuses,for evicting people who are a victim to their mis-demeanours but worst of all somebody is asking over and above the going rate for a piece of plastic.....in the hope some poor sod is gonna take the bait and buy itno.gif

I just wonder if a person lists records for below average prices ,will we jump in and stop a sale before a seller loses outg.gif

A record sells for whatever someone is willing to pay and nobody but nobody sells a record unless they are happy with the price theyre offered!

No hard sell involved imhono.gif

p.s

Sean Chapman listed a record today for £175 and sells it straight away....i listed it about 3 weeks back in nm cond for offers ,got offered £100 ...listed it on ebay ,buy it now ,make an offer..no takers .....finally i sold it for £150 after 3 weeks. I paid over £200 for it a yr back when 13 people bid on it ,one before went ofr over £200 with about 10 bidders ...am i sore ?? no ,frustrated ??yes!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

The way i see it is this.... you try to sell records for what you consider are competitive prices.No takers .. a few weeks later someone else lists same records for more ..hey presto ,they sell within a few hrs.

How can this be??.Gawd that is annoying ,why when i list em on SOULSOURCE ,not one pm ,then this other guy lists same record and it's sold in no timeohmy.gif

I think this is down to current dancefloor popularity. A record can languish for months on lists and ebay at a reasonable price, gets a few plays out and suddenly a couple of impulse buyers buy overpriced copies and hey presto everyone puts their prices up and the £10 45 you couldn't sell three months earlier is suddenly being snapped up for £30. The Mighty Marvellows - Talkin Bout Ya Baby is a recent example from a few months back, now it's probably gone back down to a more realistic price. I put Harvey Averne - Never Learned To Dance on here last year at £300, which i thought was reasonable, not a single sniff of a buyer. Suddenly it's a big record again and i know one went recently for £500.

Social source share

The main reason for high prices on here is simple. Most sellers are British, and if they are anything like me, they will have paid top Dollar [excuse the pun] for the records, and are simply trying to get their money back. If I could buy records cheap, then I could sell them at bargain prices. Unfortunately that never happens. It's a vicious circle. You only have to compare ebay UK to ebay.com, on ebay UK you get high start prices and reserves that you never used to get on ebay.com. Although more of our American cousins are adopting the same tactics on top end stuff.

Then again, it could just be greed.....:laugh::innocent:

Phil.

Social source share

Wait a minute, someone is saying that psice guides are inaccurate??? Wow, my mind has just been officially blown. I shall now have to rethink how I price records from now on :rolleyes: What I want to know is if the guys writing these guides would actually pay book price on anything, or are they just taking the piss out of it all :laugh: . A true story is that I have a friend in a record store in the US who had to try really hard to resist the temptation of getting the Manship Price Guide from behind the counter one time when John was buying a stack of 45s from his store, imagine that, could have been interesting :tongue: Not that I would ever complain about buying records online from manship, I have had nothing but oustanding dealings with them. The big names in the record collecting scene usually get their name by doing things right & sometimes peace of mind costs a little more, I mean would you take a chance on a possibly dodgy VG+ for $10 less from an unknown seller or get a VG+ you know you can trust from someone like Moerer in a bulletproof mailer with great safe returns policy??

Seriously though, these days one can't even depend on an EX grade really, just to cover myself I will ask the seller directly most of the time to tell me if their EX grade has any distortion, scratchiness or hiss on listening. With VG+ I have to ask every single time, which is totally not what Record Collector/Goldmine state. Unfortunately many sellers just can't grade to save themselves & this is how things are these days with the Ebay record explosion.

Soul Source isn't really different, if people's prices are too high, don't buy, if you are iffy about their grading, ask them for more details. Some of the responsibility has to rest with being a smart buyer, not just the "dodgy" sellers.

Social source share

The main reason for high prices on here is simple. Most sellers are British, and if they are anything like me, they will have paid top Dollar [excuse the pun] for the records, and are simply trying to get their money back. If I could buy records cheap, then I could sell them at bargain prices. Unfortunately that never happens. It's a vicious circle. You only have to compare ebay UK to ebay.com, on ebay UK you get high start prices and reserves that you never used to get on ebay.com. Although more of our American cousins are adopting the same tactics on top end stuff.

Phil.

most sellers are not trying to get their money back, it's a pyramid scheme where they're trying to sell for more than they bought. but the people who already paid a lot are selling for even more extreme amounts. very few people are willing to take a loss or even sell for what they bought for. i'm not going to quote specific people but i all the time see certain people selling records that they bought on ebay for what I consider a fair price trying to sell up for much more. I'm not talking about when you buy to resell (fair game if you are buying for what you consider a low price and are marking it up for a profit), I'm talking about people who already bid high, got a record to DJ with or collect, held onto it for a while, then are selling up to buy more records, or even bought records on here and are then trying to resell for more. the values just get higher and higher, it's like a ponzi scheme.

Social source share

most sellers are not trying to get their money back, it's a pyramid scheme where they're trying to sell for more than they bought. but the people who already paid a lot are selling for even more extreme amounts. very few people are willing to take a loss or even sell for what they bought for. i'm not going to quote specific people but i all the time see certain people selling records that they bought on ebay for what I consider a fair price trying to sell up for much more. I'm not talking about when you buy to resell (fair game if you are buying for what you consider a low price and are marking it up for a profit), I'm talking about people who already bid high, got a record to DJ with or collect, held onto it for a while, then are selling up to buy more records, or even bought records on here and are then trying to resell for more. the values just get higher and higher, it's like a ponzi scheme.

I'd agree with this.

Social source share

Then again, it could just be greed.....laugh.gifinnocent.gif

Phil.

Phil a few weeks back I was browsing the net and I bought the Lee Andrews - I've Had It and Paramounts on Mercury for - a dollar each. So when I got them I listed them at about three fifths of the book price. They didn't sell, so they went on ebay for about half book price. Was I bothered, hell no, I paid nothing for them. I think there's various categories of greed - I just usually need to get my money back and a little bit on top. So this Dana Valery I bought off ebay, cost me £200, books at something daft like £350 now, I'd be trying to make £50 on so it'll be £250. Of course then people think "hang on, why's that cheap, there must be something wrong with it, I think I'll buy one for £350 instead".

Can't win!

Social source share

I can't see the point of this post....sales are listed on here at prices you'd find in sales boxes at any venue.....prices all over the place from cracking bargains to laughably high. As with any sale offer, you're not forced to buy.....don't like the price then make a sensible offer.....easy. If the price offered is too high then it won't sell.....simple. shades

Social source share

Anybody can overestimate the going rate but if it's more than the odd one and over a couple of listings Im afraid that's it for me and I don't even bother looking at future listings.

ROD

How much do you want for that gourd?.Haggling = mild disagreement on both parts.Offers...well buyer offers,seller thinks about it then decides.

Went in the Everthing A Pound shop the other day and asked if they'd got and £2 coins for sale.Trades description Act or what?

Social source share

What, you don't find it odd that people advertise vg records at the same price as mint ones? I do. Thats the "point".

I don't find it odd Pete, I just find it normal......as I've said it's not just on Soul Source it's endemic.

Nice bit of editing by the way, you should apply for a job with the Mirror......:laugh:

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

..........So this Dana Valery I bought off ebay, cost me £200, books at something daft like £350 now, I'd be trying to make £50 on so it'll be £250. Of course then people think "hang on, why's that cheap, there must be something wrong with it, I think I'll buy one for £350 instead".

Can't win!

Which might also be one of the reasons why people price their records close to book - when you drop your prices too much people think there's something wrong with it.

I had BIN of $400 on an Ex copy of a record that books for $800. A friendly soulsourcer nicely informed me that "there's obviously something you're not telling otherwise you wouldn't be selling it so cheap". It had full soundfiles of both sides and good clear pictures. I canceled the BIN and put it up for auction instead. It sold for $508. What I wasn't telling was that I'd bought it for $1 and $400 was already making a killing. Lesson learned - ignore what you paid for it and try and get as close to book as possible else people won't trust you.

Social source share

Which might also be one of the reasons why people price their records close to book - when you drop your prices too much people think there's something wrong with it.

I had BIN of $400 on an Ex copy of a record that books for $800. A friendly soulsourcer nicely informed me that "there's obviously something you're not telling otherwise you wouldn't be selling it so cheap". It had full soundfiles of both sides and good clear pictures. I canceled the BIN and put it up for auction instead. It sold for $508. What I wasn't telling was that I'd bought it for $1 and $400 was already making a killing. Lesson learned - ignore what you paid for it and try and get as close to book as possible else people won't trust you.

Good avice that. I'll take it.

Social source share

There is a well known psychological phenomenon called the "endowment effect" that applies to lots of sales by collectors.

If you buy a record for a price lets say £100, you make a choice which do I value most £100 (or the opportunity cost of £100) or the record. If you are a true collector rather than a fickle hot boxer :thumbup: why would that opinion change if you need to sell a record. If you still feel that you'd rather have the record than £100 you will need to sell it for more than £100. If it doesn't sell you have to adjust your view or do without whatever you need the £100+ for.

People are terrified of losing out and so their view of what a record is worth if thrown out by other sales, auction prices, dance floor popularity etc. My wants list is massive and growing all the time but I'll only buy records for what I value them at and with a massive wants list theres always something else to buy.

Oh and Pete why is your "Last Played" track Buddy Smith I thought you hated it? :)

Social source share

To who??

I am not sorry about disagreeing with you here Nev- Putting up ridiculous prices causes confusion and frustration !

It makes a mockery of the scene which is based on rare records otherwise whats the point. Some one puts up the Snake Issue for £250.

If no-one questions it then it appears that thats the accepted price and others get into promoting a record that is neither rare nor in the league of excellence "Ground raw soul" for a ridiculous amount of money. This surely is Petes point or somewhere near it. Sam Fletcher is a very nice record but not in the same league as other rare soul records and I appreciate its subjective because as I have said before unless you have the validation process by whatever means - No-one knows

The point here is their is a range on price for the SF record but the amount being quoted at £600 is taking the P**s IMO and makes the seller look a bit silly. Or Am I not allowed to discuss this because it infringes his ability to sell at that price?

LOL Steve

Social source share

Phil.

Cant see PF paying £600 for SF or Id better GTF outta here:rolleyes:

Social source share

I am not sorry about disagreeing with you here Nev- Putting up ridiculous prices causes confusion and frustration !

It makes a mockery of the scene which is based on rare records otherwise whats the point. Some one puts up the Snake Issue for £250.

If no-one questions it then it appears that thats the accepted price and others get into promoting a record that is neither rare nor in the league of excellence "Ground raw soul" for a ridiculous amount of money. This surely is Petes point or somewhere near it. Sam Fletcher is a very nice record but not in the same league as other rare soul records and I appreciate its subjective because as I have said before unless you have the validation process by whatever means - No-one knows

The point here is their is a range on price for the SF record but the amount being quoted at £600 is taking the P**s IMO and makes the seller look a bit silly. Or Am I not allowed to discuss this because it infringes his ability to sell at that price?

LOL Steve

Hi Steve

No probs mate but subjective or not ,prices are only prices not actual sales ,maybe deep down PF does'nt really wanna sell records cos if he did he would'nt make a living,after all ,most of em on his website have been there since i joined soulsource and have never dropped in price??

Anyways back on subject ....making a mockery ,causing confusion and frustration ....now how many times have we all waited with bated breath for the latest edition of Manship auction results ,on a Wednesday evening ,to find another "not so rare" record has gone for ridiculous money ,then every Tom Dick or Harry ,jumps on the band wagon and lists same records for high prices ,and i might add ,gets a sale??

LEE FIELDS springs to mind ,i asked in look at your box about this,i;e price ,availability ,someone pm'd , offered me one for £125 ,didnt buy it and a month later it was going for £500 ohmy.gif

FRANKIE CROCKER was another that went for silly prices

I wonder just how many on here marked up the said records in accordance ?

I don't see people being chastised when they come up for sale on here ,but then i don't really care because nothing is set in stone and as far as im concerned ,it's always been that way.

How many went to 100 club ,got the free 45 and duly put it on ebay for a massive profit

What about those Kings go forth 45's that cost a tenner or so being bought up in multiples ,only to be sold on for massive profit

There was another one i recall doing the rounds on ebay that was utter s**te ,that was a new release ,was readily available on Gemm,musicstack etc for peanuts ,got snapped up and hey presto,was going for £100 a throw ..was it one of those acid jazz things?? it was even covered up as frankie pappbiggrin.gif

These are more subjective than someone putting a price tag on a record that is OTT and never getting a sale on here.

Its my opinion that a record is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it ,a guide is only intended as a guide ,not a rule .

Also ,while im here i'd like to throw this in the pot ... hypothetically,if i became rich over night ,then a long time want became available ,that was for highest bid,i'd put in a ridiculous offer ,to garuantee i won it yes.gif would that make me a mug ?? surely this is exactly what happens all the time ,is it not ??

Social source share

How much do you want for that gourd?.Haggling = mild disagreement on both parts.Offers...well buyer offers,seller thinks about it then decides.

Went in the Everthing A Pound shop the other day and asked if they'd got and £2 coins for sale.Trades description Act or what?

Not quite sure what you're getting at there. In fact not a f**kin' clue.

Haggling usually leads nowhere. I have in mind a transaction I witnessed a couple of years back where it must have gone on for up to an hour touching on everything from when the 45 was first played, how good it was compared to his other tracks and tracks not by him and how his mate almost had a copy at.... etc etc. No Sale. Buyer and seller were too far apart anyway to start with.

Putting in an offer is fine. When I sell Im not averse to a bit of discount especially where multiple purchases come into it.

However I personally wouldn't haggle with an obvious lunatic but I would make an offer if my estimate and the seller's price were very close [£5-10]. I kinda only buy off people I think are reasonable anyway. I don't waste my time but also I don't want to waste the lunatic's time either. He is free to charge what he wants too.

ROD

Social source share

Not quite sure what you're getting at there. In fact not a f**kin' clue.

Haggling usually leads nowhere. I have in mind a transaction I witnessed a couple of years back where it must have gone on for up to an hour touching on everything from when the 45 was first played, how good it was compared to his other tracks and tracks not by him and how his mate almost had a copy at.... etc etc. No Sale. Buyer and seller were too far apart anyway to start with.

Putting in an offer is fine. When I sell Im not averse to a bit of discount especially where multiple purchases come into it.

However I personally wouldn't haggle with an obvious lunatic but I would make an offer if my estimate and the seller's price were very close [£5-10]. I kinda only buy off people I think are reasonable anyway. I don't waste my time but also I don't want to waste the lunatic's time either. He is free to charge what he wants too.

ROD

Sort of agreeing with your post re: haggling.thumbsup.gif .Make an offer instead.

The £1 shop post was a cryptic way of saying - you can't always get what you want from a deal.There's purchasing/customer laws out in the big world,that don't always apply to 2nd hand record selling.

why didn't i put that in the first place?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert