Betty James - I'm A Little Mixed Up

Rbman

Just seen a Chess issue on Ebay now at over $200.....Popsike shows a few sold this year at over $150..... I always thought this was a £30 record (that's what i got one for about 5 years ago)........has it found a place in the main northern room?

Betty James - A Little Mixed Up - Chess -

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just seen a Chess issue on Ebay now at over $200.....Popsike shows a few sold this year at over $150..... I always thought this was a £30 record (that's what i got one for about 5 years ago)........has it found a place in the main northern room?

Betty James - A Little Mixed Up - Chess -

Martin ....Paid £35 for mine about a yr ago (vg only) .... think it's on the rise but $200 ?? Big Jon plays it at Fulbourn Soul Nites when he dj's in the main (and only room)!

Phil

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Is the Cee-Jay one an identical take?

Yes - I'll have to check when I get home tonight but I think that the Chess is actually manufactured from Cee-Jay stampers...

There's a much better, and more rocking version of this by Cosmo and the Carnations on Tilt 787 - one of my all time favourite R&B tunes, in fact!

Social source share

Yes - I'll have to check when I get home tonight but I think that the Chess is actually manufactured from Cee-Jay stampers...

There's a much better, and more rocking version of this by Cosmo and the Carnations on Tilt 787 - one of my all time favourite R&B tunes, in fact!

I've heard a version by someone else but not that one but can't remember who at the moment (much slower and more bluesy)...I know you're not much good with sound files but you have my email address if you can get them downloaded please Tony.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've heard a version by someone else but not that one but can't remember who at the moment (much slower and more bluesy)...I know you're not much good with sound files but you have my email address if you can get them downloaded please Tony.

I think you're probably thinking of Ko Ko Taylor's version, which was only on a Chess album. It's definitlely slower and more bluesy, and it's very good, too. But not as good as Cosmo and the Carnations...

Would happily send you mp3s, but I don't actually have a turntable that plugs into a computer, and that's why I can't do soundfiles, unfortunatley!

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert