Back Of The Box Treasures

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good topic, i remember a while back at Sheridans when i heard Chalky play a 45, Jamie H said whats this, i replied i knew it but wasn't certain, anyhow a few weeks later Jamie told me the record was Lorraine Rudolph on Jetstream, i went "i've got that" and dug it out of an old box...brilliant record that i totally had forgotten......

ps...and i always rant on about reevaluating ones record collection ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

Good topic, i remember a while back at Sheridans when i heard Chalky play a 45, Jamie H said whats this, i replied i knew it but wasn't certain, anyhow a few weeks later Jamie told me the record was Lorraine Rudolph on Jetstream, i went "i've got that" and dug it out of an old box...brilliant record that i totally had forgotten......

ps...and i always rant on about reevaluating ones record collection laugh.gif

link

A lot of talk about the Rudolph track and rightly so, great record :D

Social source share

link

Picked it up a couple of months ago. Less than a tenner. Awesome.

Col :D

Social source share

Guest remus

Good call. I pulled out Brenton Wood 'Take a chance' on Double Shot to play on Wednesday - cracking midtempo and cheap as chips. Several people came up to the decks to ask what it was too! A great tonic for anyone behind the decks.

link

Check out "Two time loser" & Great big bundle of love", both on Double shot.

Always has "deck runners" haveing a peek to see what they are. Both 45's recommended to me by Keith Woon.........nuff said :D

Social source share

link

Picked this up last weekend at Heavenly Blocked do.Couldn't believe people just passing it by.Cost me £25 but well worth it. :D

Social source share

Picked this up last weekend at Heavenly Blocked do.Couldn't believe people just passing it by.Cost me £25 but well worth it. :D

link

Superb record, was big in the mid 80's for Guy Hennigan covered up as Linda Jones. Tenner is a bargain but mainly see it £15 to £25...still a bargain IMO, sheer class.

Social source share

Guest remus

I've got 'Great' whats the details on 'Two time loser'?

link

I think "Two time loser" is the pick of the bunch, nice mid-tempo dancer, £15ish?

All of his D.S. 45's are worth picking up :D

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Gloria Gaynor "She'll be sorry" Jocida. Who would have thought Gloria Gaynor would make a cracking Northen tune? Will be played out by me in the near future! whistling.gif

Social source share

Gloria Gaynor "She'll be sorry" Jocida. Who would have thought Gloria Gaynor would make a cracking Northen tune? Will be played out by me in the near future! :lol:

link

Jesus..Trevski...another i have hidden away...brilliant tune.......manalive... fantastic stuff, thanks mate. whistling.gif

ps must keep checking the ones we put away..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

currently next to my deck after sitting in a box in a darkened wardrobe for ages

"Woman of mine" ronnie and the ramblers (rnr) this is great!! anybody know ought about it?

also "tonight i,m gonna fall in love" by teardrops (saxony) if any body has ever seen any saxony records by teardrops this one actually looks like a sixties label, not like the others that look like they were made yesterday.

finally 7 sons "dont you dare say no" someone mentioned this years ago so i bought it blind, it sounds like the tremeloes on a bad day but some dealer had it on his list for 200+ for some reason

Social source share

currently next to my deck after sitting in a box in a darkened wardrobe for ages

"Woman of mine" ronnie and the ramblers (rnr) this is great!! anybody know ought about it?

also "tonight i,m gonna fall in love" by teardrops (saxony) if any body has ever seen any saxony records by teardrops this one actually looks like a sixties label, not like the others that look like they were made yesterday.

finally 7 sons "dont you dare say no" someone mentioned this years ago so i bought it blind, it sounds like the tremeloes on a bad day but some dealer had it on his list for 200+ for some reason

link

I'm doing this from memory so please bare with me, isn't the Teardrops "Loneliness" track an unreleased affair that was put on an awful "Tesco" faux Saxony label resplendent with Bar Code.......still a banging tune though.

Brett

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I'm doing this from memory so please bare with me, isn't the Teardrops "Loneliness" track  an unreleased affair that was put on an awful "Tesco" faux Saxony label resplendent with Bar Code.......still a banging tune though.

Brett

link

I have the teardrops "call me and I'll be happy" genuine sixties release. exactly the same design as the "loneliness" label, except the colors are reversed. Got it from the label owner. The 'loneliness' 45's are from Paul Trefzger the label owner too, and are therefore legitimate first issues.

Saxony story here:

https://saxonyrecordcompany.com/story-1.html

Teardrops

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Always has "deck runners" haveing a peek

Had the same people came up and demanded info on

Stormy Weather by the Soul Merchants on UK President Records

good record dance wise but knew nothing about the group or original

American release

Doug

Edited by MAKEMVINYL