• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

https://www.miledeepfilms.com/

Click on 'Work'

Then 'In House Creative'

scroll down to 'Crate Diggers'

Love the Funk/Soul collector and listen to what he says at the end credit roll....pussy over records!!

He does come across like a bit of a tool, though.

Edited by john s
Social source share

Thanks for posting that up. It illustrates the changing times that you have someone going around the neighbourhoods looking for records at yard sales and flea markets. In my experience that would never have been the case 5 - 10 years ago. I remember going to a Flea in NC in '92, held in an old tobacco warehouse, where a guy had loads of 70's albums. When I asked to look through them he told me I was the first person to ask in 2 years!

Someone asked if anyone had been in the 'hood looking for records? Yep, many times. However the scarest places are the rural areas of the Southern States, you know the kind of place where 'Deliverance' is a love story! If your English they think your a Yankee, which is worse than being non-white to them good old boys, and you have to be careful. I have twice got to an address and not stopped to look for records, once in 1979 in Detriot, and in 2003 in Alabama. The first time for being white, the second time for being a Yankee. Also in Alabama in a One Horse Town I drove past The Commodores Museum, yes a Museum to Lionel Ritchie and co., doubled back to find it closed. I went next door to what I can best describe as a Cowboy store, run by a Red Indian, to find out if it ever opened. Got the usual answer 'sometimes' and then noticed a gathering of the boys across the road, pointing to my NJ registered car. Obviously left p.d.q.

Great film, thoroughly enjoyed it and it makes me look forward even more to my next trip. Dave Thorley can tell you many stories from the last few years about crate digging. The one about the Chimney Sweep, who was an insatiable hoarder, is one of my favourites, Cheers, Ady

Social source share

The one about the Chimney Sweep, who was an insatiable hoarder, is one of my favourites, Cheers, Ady

That guy was a real piece of work - makes the folks in this video seem relatively normal (of which I guess there are a couple of normal/sane people in there). But that same guy's family were the REAL head cases! Shame.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert