Eskee 10002 6618

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

Can anyone shed some light on this track, I've played it to a few mates & everyone tells me they like it but none know it! it's a midtempo builder full of atmosphere that just gets better every time i play it, Anyone on S/S know it? if so has this been played out?

Beau Hannon "stop me from falling in love" penned by Sexter - Shaw Arranged by Paul Griffin & Syd Shaw the flip is "you stop telling lies about me (i'll stop telling the truth about you) penned & arranged by the same team as the plug side.

I have a promotion copy with a date stamp reading Jan 21 1966 -WSAY-

Steve J

post-4570-12522720885565_thumb.jpg

post-4570-12523078476422.jpg

post-4570-12522720885565_thumb.jpg

post-4570-12523078476422.jpg

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can anyone shed some light on this track, I've played it to a few mates & everyone tells me they like it but none know it! it's a midtempo builder full of atmosphere that just gets better every time i play it, Anyone on S/S know it? if so has this been played out?

Beau Hannon "stop me from falling in love" penned by Sexter - Shaw Arranged by Paul Griffin & Syd Shaw the flip is "you stop telling lies about me (i'll stop telling the truth about you) penned & arranged by the same team as the plug side.

I have a promotion copy with a date stamp reading Jan 21 1966 -WSAY-

Steve J

Hi Steve, big production, atmospheric, and I think you've described this perfectly mate.

I spotted this with a soundclip on Ebay a couple of years back, missed it and forgot who/what it was. Found it again a year ago and have played it a couple of times at a lazy Sunday afternoon thing I was doing. No real crowd in to guage any reaction, but I like it! Apart from yourself I've not heard anyone else mention it, let alone play it. (famous last words?)

I've got it on the Eskee promo, but the same 2 tracks are on a German Columbia Picture Sleeve.

- Kev.

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Hi Steve, big production, atmospheric, and I think you've described this perfectly mate.

I spotted this with a soundclip on Ebay a couple of years back, missed it and forgot who/what it was. Found it again a year ago and have played it a couple of times at a lazy Sunday afternoon thing I was doing. No real crowd in to guage any reaction, but I like it! Apart from yourself I've not heard anyone else mention it, let alone play it. (famous last words?)

I've got it on the Eskee promo, but the same 2 tracks are on a German Columbia Picture Sleeve.

- Kev.

Kev like I say everyone that I play this to likes it.

I've never know this to be played out, I certainly did not know it till about 10 weeks back when Paul at Rudzys records listed it with a sound file, I snapped it up on first listen that was the Demo, found the issue on the bay for $9.99 buy it now, It still amazes me that records like this on labels as well known as Eskee are still not widely know especially as good as this is :thumbup:

I'm going to give a plug for Paul he frequently turns up brill records that are often off the radar!

https://www.rudzysrecords.co.uk/1/

Steve J

Social source share

Kev like I say everyone that I play this to likes it.

I've never know this to be played out, I certainly did not know it till about 10 weeks back when Paul at Rudzys records listed it with a sound file, I snapped it up on first listen that was the Demo, found the issue on the bay for $9.99 buy it now, It still amazes me that records like this on labels as well known as Eskee are still not widely know especially as good as this is thumbsup.gif

I'm going to give a plug for Paul he frequently turns up brill records that are often off the radar!

https://www.rudzysrecords.co.uk/1/

Steve J

Hi Steve

Many Thanks for bringing this record to our attention.

Yet to hear a soundfile, just been to rudzysrecords & couldn't find one, However;

On your reccomendation alone I would buy it .

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert